Skip to content

Weirdness

Comments

• IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Let's be fair, the one true use for the wish spell should be to bring Tiax back to life.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    I have never played with Skie before... and i'm guessing most people don't like to for one reason or another... but now after looking at her stats, it could be interesting to do a playthrough with her... although doesn't her father, the grand duke, get killed? They should add a quest where she wants to find his killer....
  • CommunardCommunard Member Posts: 556
    Xavioria said:

I have never played with Skie before... and i'm guessing most people don't like to for one reason or another... but now after looking at her stats, it could be interesting to do a playthrough with her... although doesn't her father, the grand duke, get killed? They should add a quest where she wants to find his killer....

I'm pretty sure his killers are that creepy assassin husband and wife team you battle in the Undercellars, paid by Sarevok to create an opening so Sarevok could be elected. So she does get vengeance on her father's killer if you take her.
  • Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    I would "Wish" that there is a "Miracle" spell available for Clerics :)
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Xavioria said:

I have never played with Skie before...

Pretty ironic considering your profile picture.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    OH i know, but this is the picture I always used for my own PC that I made... before I realized that you could input your own portraits that is...

And to Communard... I think I recall that actually... and if that's the case, then she should say something about it... honestly, I can't say too much because I never had her along... what if she DOES speak up about her father being murdered and I have no idea? 0.o
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    edited August 2012
    hmmm as far as the orginal question goes, in a romance with the pc, she says that the love makes her feel like she's flying again. She actually gives up on her dreams of getting her wings back because over time, she comes to feel that staying on the ground with the one that she loves (and the one that protects her) is even greater then being able to take to sky again.

Part of that is from some of the convos with her, and part of that is from what went on in my mind, but the basics of it is that before she falls for the pc, she mentions that she's like a fallen angel. That what she did was against the teaching of her people (she swooped down to save a child, and she had been warned how dangerous it was). then she worshiped the gnomish gods.

In the end, she said she was happy before, but when she was injured, *uncle* quayle helped her and cared for her. She thought she had become a monster, because she lost the most important part of herself, but that kindness made her start to see there was more to her then just her wings. When the pc came along and she looked like a monster (as an ogre in the circus), but he still trusted her and helped her, she started to think that the pc was a good man. Because he saw past what she was.

One of the reasons i always loved her romance. You go from showing her that you're not seeing past her ugliness, but rather, you're seeing what was never changed, her good and loving heart. She gives up on her wings simply because she realizes that they played such a small part of who is was/is. As far as her back being mutilated, this comes up in one of the love talks, where she asks the pc to look upon her back. The options range, from "cover that up before i hurl" to "That must have hurt greatly."

Again, i think the better part of her relationship is showing her how unimportant her loss is to you while showing that you care about the suffering she's endured. In loss, there comes strength, and at the end, i find aerie because a very strong character. She wasn't so whiny in ToB to me. And when she talked about carrying the pc's child (for romance, obviously), you see how she has completely given of herself to the one that she loves.

A very sweet girl and the strongest of all the npc's, imho.
    Post edited by Bjjorick on
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    LadyRhian said:

Isn't it strange that by the end of Baldur's Gate 2, you get access to the spell, "Wish", which is one of the most powerful spells in the game (in both Pen and Paper and this game), but you can never Wish for Aerie to get her wings back?

I mean, if you are a good aligned character, shouldn't that be something that should occur to you?

There are far more important things than Aerie's Wings. It would be better(or it will destroy the game utterly) if you can write what you wish to happen, after casting Wish. That's not going to happen, however.
    Still, the current version of Wish is pretty potent. - Double length Time Stop + Improved Alacrity...

@Djimmy Actually, i typically cast it and hope for the 'as if rested for a full night' in places where you don't get to rest. Aerie has excellent wisdom, so she's my go to for casting that spell
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2012
    Abour Aerie wings, a simple regeneration spell will recover any lost limb regardless of time passed.

Regarding wishes, even simple ones, as stat increases, for instance, could be warped by bad wording. If you wanted to be as tough as stone, for instance, you could get a stone like form, or just increase your constitution. So one interesting twist would be to have all options for everyone, even new ones as stat increases, but make the outcome good or bad according to wisdom and intelligence.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    I don't think Aerie ever had wings. I think she's just a normal elf who self-harms to get attention.
  • Roller12Roller12 Member Posts: 437
    Aerie? I usually kill this orge.
    wow, not sure i understand all the aerie hate. I guess it's kinda like all the hate on khalid, i thought these were two of the best chars ever.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Bjjorick said:

wow, not sure i understand all the aerie hate. I guess it's kinda like all the hate on khalid, i thought these were two of the best chars ever.

I like her. I just don't buy that "I used to have wings" sob story. And I'm not keen on her choice of baby names.

edited August 2012
    The first time I played BG2 I had Aerie until the end. By the end of BG2 and before TOB she is a magical powerhouse if you know how to use her abilities.

I always asked myself why she just didn't cast a regeneration spell on herself and stopped dreaming about her wings :)
    Post edited by mlnevese on
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Maybe she could at least wish for her "ugly" scars to be gone...
    @ladyrhian you must not have too many scars lol, i have numerous, and first, they are horrible, then they become a part of you, and finally, they.....remind you of something you lived through that you really shouldn't have. Not all scars, but i have quite a few that remind me daily that i'm alive despite all odds, and even aerie mentioned at one point that she was lucky that she only lost her wings.
    Actually, I have plenty of scars on my arm from my cat. And yeah, I'd wish for them to be gone in an instant.
    @ladyrhian i have a scar on my head from when i was 6 months old and due to a defect in a child car seat, was slung out against the dash board and got a piece of glass pretty deep in the top of my head. I had a chow dog chew me up bad when i was 8, bad as in you'd have to see, but trust me. 2 years later, my appendix ruptured and i was a few hours from it causing my body to become toxic. A few years ago was in a bad motorcycle accident.

These are the scars i mean. Each one is a time that i should have died. Each one the odds were against me. These scars seem hedious but in truth, it's a reminder that i still have work to do here. Lol, just looking at my body and many scars i have is a story to each one, kinda like aerie with her wings. I wouldn't give up any of them, for what i learned from each one is more then what i lost. I tried to keep the graphic ones out of the story but the one when i was 6 months old might bug people. i can edit it out if needed.
    @Bjjorick When I was a child, I accidentally dumped a pot of boiling water all over myself, giving myself first and second degree burns all over my upper torso. Had I anything but an extremely faint scar on one shoulder, over the armpit, I'd gladly get rid of it. As it is, it's barely noticeable. I have far more notable scars from lesser accidents (long scar on my leg from getting scraped on the bottom edge of the door to my room, actual holes in my leg from where I had warts removed when I was a kid...) and I'd get rid of those, too.
    The scars i carry at the end of life will be the story that tells of the things i have done with my life, and the lessons i have learned. Were i to make it to the end of my life without any scars, well, that would not make for a very interesting story at all. Let me live and die daily, let me sings the good songs of life as well as cry the tears of sadness. These pains and sorrows shall mark that i have lived, and lived well.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I actually find Minsc pretty annoying. I kill him too, but he miraculously reappears in BG2, then I leave him to rot in his cell.
    What??? My Hamster does not like your tone! Away with you.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Besides, scars make you look badass.

@LadyRhian A few years ago my cat decided to perform a "Tornado Claw" (Wolverine move in the Marvel games) on me when I was trying to pick him up, and left me with several 4" long scars down the length of my inner forearm. It looked like I tried to commit suicide. They were pretty deep, but surprisingly they have completely healed, now you can't see any sign of them whatsoever.

In case you don't know what Tornado Claw is, the guy in the video spams it every 2 seconds:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhYYr-1hLL4
    lol my scars heal to a certain extent but even the one on my left hand, middle finger where i cut my finger deep when i was a butcher never healed fully

*moves his hand to shift focus to the finger and show him* :)
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I love how this thread has been Hijacked by the RP crew haha.
    lol, what thread hasn't been :P

but i still say aerie rocks.....obviously
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    @Delvarian There was a reference in BG2 why Khalid couldn't be resurected. It was something about the fact if someone stay "dead" for long time there is a point when he cannot be brought back to life.
    Dead too long + his body was mutilated. Yeah I like how that was addressed, actually.
    A wish could still bring him back to life. Unless his spirit was destroyed.
    IchigoRXC said:

I love how this thread has been Hijacked by the RP crew haha.

All your threads are belong to us. ;)

• KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    Well.. I got a much better reason why you cant ress Khalid...

I mean.. when you raise a person, that person get a choice to return or not..

"So should I stay here in the afterlife, kick back and enjoy the rewards that the Neutral good afterlife brings.. or should I return and have Jaheira bitchslap, whine and bully me for the rest of my natural life... ye.. tough choice that it..."