Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• billbiscobillbisco Member Posts: 361
    @PhillipDaigle SoD presentation said they were adding scrollbars to UI elements for easy modding. Will there be a scrollbar for kits too to display more than 9?

Thank you sir.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Vasculio using the term G1 shows your a real fan. So have a :cookie:

Grimlock, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop and Slag are the only true dinobots...
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    They had it on Netflix for awhile.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited July 2015
    Chidojuan said:

Nice. I never saw it listed there :(
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    elminster said:

Chidojuan said:

Nice. I never saw it listed there :(
    Do you only have Canadian Netflix?
    No comment :)
  • ZarugalZarugal Member Posts: 51
    Well this thread has gone pretty quiet.
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Zarugal said:

I guess there's not that much left to speculate on, so everyone's playing the waiting game.
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    edited July 2015
    @Zarugal
    The calm before the dragonspear storm ;)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    We can always discuss how many gazebos are actually in Dragonspear :)
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    Anduin said:

@Vasculio using the term G1 shows your a real fan. So have a :cookie:

Grimlock, Sludge, Snarl, Swoop and Slag are the only true dinobots...

Yeah, well, me Grimlock say anybody with spark of courage and big teeth is dinobot, and me Grimlock KING!
  • ParysParys Member Posts: 205
    Will this new inventory interface statistic screen be displayed information for weaponry only.
    Rings, robes, amulets, gloves etc. which grants bonuses to THAC0, AC or HP will be taken into account?
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Zarugal said:

That because Ben is gone ;)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    kaguana said:

Zarugal said:

That because Ben is gone ;)
    Buth he'll be back... soon :wink:
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806

Did I read that right? The Shaman is a "Class"? Not a "Kit"? Really?! I sure hope so. Because that would open for a *lot* more custom kit possibilities than currently possible. The more true to its AD&D counterpart it remains, the better. Especially when it differiate between spirits of the dead, animal spirits and spirits of nature. That would be sweet~

The Shaman class is basically a divine sorcerer. All the rest is moddable.

http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/31995/divine-sorcerer-kit

Not that I'm trying to imply anything.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited July 2015
    @BelgarathMTH deserves the clairvoyance badge... Although no mention of animals helping.

Edit: @meagloth you deserve something as well for starting the discussion!
    I think @bengoshi deserve a badge of clairvoyance for his success of guessing right the name of the new DLC so @Dee what say you? will he get one ?
    edited July 2015
    BelgarathMTH and Bengoshi already have a clairvoyance badge :)
    edited July 2015
    So make a new badge or something :p a new badge for ben "The name guesser"
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    elminster said:

BelgarathMTH and Bengoshi already have a clairvoyance badge :)

Meagloth doesn't:)
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    kaguana said:

So make a new badge or something :p a new badge for ben "The name guesser"

Zulkir of Divination :smile:
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    So I finally watched the presentation, at least the gui part. I say it's well... interesting. I definitelly see why some people would dislike it, especially veterans. I am very curious about the modding possibilities. Overall I have a positive impression, the only thing I actually dislike is, well... that weirdness with the item management in the inventory. As tooltip for new players maybe, but it is annoying for a veteran if it cannot be turned off. Anyway, i like the dragonlike gui graphics, very nice. In the end I can't help but think that beamdog can't be done with IE after such a huge upgrade.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377
    Pecca said:

So I finally watched the presentation, at least the gui part. I say it's well... interesting. I definitelly see why some people would dislike it, especially veterans. I am very curious about the modding possibilities. Overall I have a positive impression, the only thing I actually dislike is, well... that weirdness with the item management in the inventory. As tooltip for new players maybe, but it is annoying for a veteran if it cannot be turned off. Anyway, i like the dragonlike gui graphics, very nice. In the end I can't help but think that beamdog can't be done with IE after such a huge upgrade.

I may be a tad ignorant here, but why is the item management annoying? It just colors on the portraits
    while you are holding an item, i personaly think that once you are a bit immersed you won't even notice that. i think they just made it more aproachable all in all, but since they didn't change the underlaying mechanics it shouldn't really be "dumbed down" - especially since you can definetly deactivate the health bars.
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    I apologize if this has been asked... This is a question about Neera, Dorn etc. Are they going to be in SoD and if so will we be able to continue a romance with them? Thanks in advance.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @TakisMegas: Yes, Neera, Dorn, Rasaad and Baeloth will be in SoD, and it certainly seems like you'll be able to continue your romances.
  • ArcanisArcanis Member Posts: 377

I apologize if this has been asked... This is a question about Neera, Dorn etc. Are they going to be in SoD and if so will we be able to continue a romance with them? Thanks in advance.

Every character will be in SoD for at least a limited time (they will leave at one point, since they are not
    with you in the beginning SoA) and there will be some "romancey" stuff in SoD, no more infos available afaik

If you want I can look for the quote about the first part, the second part is in the Q&A of the full anouncment stream. ^^
  • TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    Thanks for the quick replies guys :smiley: No worries I will have some fun looking on the interwebs for the meat and potatoes of it. Again thanks guys.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,178
    Arcanis said:

Pecca said:

I may be a tad ignorant here, but why is the item management annoying? It just colors on the portraits
    while you are holding an item, i personaly think that once you are a bit immersed you won't even notice that. i think they just made it more aproachable all in all, but since they didn't change the underlaying mechanics it shouldn't really be "dumbed down" - especially since you can definetly deactivate the health bars.
    Well it just seems annoying to me, but I'm quite sure I'll be able to mod it out, so I don't worry about it.