Skip to content

All you wanted to know about Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear ("Adventure Y" previously)

Comments

• PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    This could be a huge hint.... Who knows!

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/33927/main-page-iwd
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    To be honest, I'm more excited for BG-related content, but IWD:EE would be pretty great news too. And who knows, if IWD2:EE ever becomes a thing maybe subraces will be back on the table for BG as well.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Adul said:

To be honest, I'm more excited for BG-related content, but IWD:EE would be pretty great news too. And who knows, if IWD2:EE ever becomes a thing maybe subraces will be back on the table for BG as well.

I had thought that the engine differences between IWD2 and the BG series were significant enough such that porting any upgrades from one to the other would be almost as difficult as starting from scratch.
    @the_spyder Well, if this speculated news turns out true, I'd think Beamdog is going to make both of the IWD games in the BG:EE engine since they said they've rewritten the renderer pretty much from scratch. It's true that IWD2 uses a different combat and character progression system from the other BG and IWD games, so those changes would need to be facilitated in this new engine as well. Of course, all of this is speculation at this point, but it would be a fun and IMO plausible addition to the BG trilogy.
    @Adul - I hope you are right. However, IWD2 is 3E. I'd think that shoe-horning that rules system into BG engine would seem to be a task. Or so I imagine.

Either way, here's hoping.
    If this is the panel where the BG:EE-related news are going to be announced, we could hear something in about 2 days' time. Let's hope for the best.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I bet it will be IWD:EE anounced at Pax.
    edited August 2014
    bengoshi said:

I bet it will be IWD:EE anounced at Pax.

For the best case scenario, I'm hoping for IWD:EE and Adventure Y both. Though I'm trying to be careful not to form premature expectations.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Women hate premature expectators.

I think.
    Hey, given some of the additional maps that they created, I think the team has proven that they could create a game that was entirely independent from BG1 or BG2 using the same engine. I think that would be worth exploring if they did that. However, I'd be perfectly happy with IWD:EE with the possibility of 2 somewhere down the line, and I think that is the more likely of the two scenarios. But who knows?
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    I'm really hoping for PST:EE, but I think that will take a lot longer time to achieve than IWD:EE, considering the number of text, engine changes etc.

IWD just needs a bit of tweaking, a new UI and it's good to go.
  • artificial_sunlightartificial_sunlight Member Posts: 601
    I already have an clairvoyance badge. But I hope for an BG Prequel (D&D Next loosens restrictions on timelines I think) , I think the bridge between BG1 and 2 is covered somewere ( you were sent to Amn to deliver an message to prevent the upcomming war).

Gorion could be an NPC in your party!

Adventure Y Almost Facts:
    - Boareskyr Bridge

Maybe, Fields of the Dead, Scornubel, @Dragonspear Castle
    Thanks, I didn't knew that because I didn't had a chance to play BG2EE (don't worry I don't mind spoilers, I even looked parts of the Hexxat quest on youtube)
    Sed said:

I'm really hoping for PST:EE, but I think that will take a lot longer time to achieve than IWD:EE, considering the number of text, engine changes etc.

IWD just needs a bit of tweaking, a new UI and it's good to go.

While PST:EE would be cool, I rather think that they would wait on something like this. Even if there aren't any contract issues, why come out with something "Just like another game" only with worse graphics (don't kill me). Besides, as awesome as PST is, they could wait a few years and it would still be one of the best games out.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    would love to see PST:EE somewhen ... be it to get rid of all the technical aspects.
    would love to see IWD:EE because we can :-)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862

Only if an evil CHARNAME reanimates him as a zombie?
    Gorion is dead in BG1 and i think he is already recycled into wolves by chapter 2.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Only if an evil CHARNAME reanimates him as a zombie?
    Gorion is dead in BG1 and i think he is already recycled into wolves by chapter 2.
    Did you see the word prequel....
    Beamdog presence at PAX confirmed. Hurray!
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208
    spacejaws said:

Apparently P is going to have a good time...

And Dee, apparently. :-)

Well, "Planescape" starts with a "P", so I'm hoping...
  • spacejawsspacejaws Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 389
    Thats what I'm hoping for too. But I bet he just takes selfie with a poundcake or something.

*I will not get myself excited, I will not get myself excited*...ok now I'm excited!