Skip to content

Post here; get a Santa hat for your avatar!

12346»

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @Nonnahswriter , ROFLMAO!
  • DreadCrusadeDreadCrusade Member Posts: 1
    What is this house of wonders.
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited October 2015

Goodness, is it time for this again?

NO!

It is NOT that time!!

Let us at least get past Halloween first!!!

(Disclaimer: I work in retail. =_= )
    We have to go through Black Thursday first, then let the maddening Christmas music begin, slowly draining what remains of our sanity. BTW, I work retail as well. :grin:
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    It is only 17 days till Christmas music starts playing in stores in Canada.

Due to Canadian law (about when items can go on sale) most Christmas displays have been up since October first.

I am sorry @Nonnahswriter, but what you are experiencing right now is getting older. The times don't change when these things come, you just notice the signs of the impending doom sooner (self preservation).
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Last month, we went to the garden section at Walmart and all the indoor part had been replaced with Xmas trees and decorations. In September!
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    My favorite Christmas Carol is Red Snow by Psychostick. It's quite an amusing spin on Rudolph's tale. In fact, that entire album is really the only Christmas album that I willingly listen to anymore. :smirk:
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    I've just banned a spambot who posted about New Year 2016 merchandise!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited October 2015
    Nimran said:

Goodness, is it time for this again?

NO!

It is NOT that time!!

Let us at least get past Halloween first!!!

(Disclaimer: I work in retail. =_= )
    We have to go through Black Thursday first, then let the maddening Christmas music begin, slowly draining what remains of our sanity. BTW, I work retail as well. :grin:
    In that sense you guys have it lucky. No such luck in Canada (black friday has sort of started here in recent years but I'm not certain if its a trend that will continue). Thanksgivings already over, Halloween's almost here, so I'm sure in some stores Christmas stuff absolutely comes out on November 1st (along with the music). :)

Any chance of me getting a santa hat Flashburn? (I could just do it myself but its nice to have something that looks a bit different)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    We started playing Christmas music in orchestra yesterday.
    "It's almost Halloween, which is almost thanksgiving, which is basically Christmas, so we might as well just start ringing in the new year."

Right.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    meagloth said:

We started playing Christmas music in orchestra yesterday.
    "It's almost Halloween, which is almost thanksgiving, which is basically Christmas, so we might as well just start ringing in the new year."

Right.

I would think that orchestras would need the additional months between now and Christmas to practice and prepare for the winter concert, though. So I'd give that a free pass. When I was in choir, we'd start rehearsing Christmas and winter-themed songs in November too.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    My friend Flashburn, I have a portrait requiring a santafication for this year:

This is a portrait of Loki, the avenger druid in the MP no-reload run between me and other forumites. I guess changing the hat can be done here :)

The modified portrait will be used in the game as well as on the forum.