Skip to content

Quartz' Dumb Love Life (Or Lack Thereof)

Comments

• booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited December 2013

Ok, I will!

Post edited by booinyoureyes on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Ok!

Not so much :P
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited December 2013

@Quartz tl;dr man, that must be your problem here...

You're kinda being a huge tool for no reason.

Heyyy, somebody said it for me! Thanks @Schneidend. I have *no* issue whatsoever with my post being a "tl;dr" for someone, but the proper response to that is no response. I have encountered many threads on this forum that I did not have the patience for, the proper etiquette is to be silent I believe.

------

Update: It was incredibly easy to get her to agree to a second date, now I just gotta be "incredibly fucking handsome" and also be a little more bold this time around.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Just put on a nice shirt and comb your hair. You'll do great!! :D
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    You too, I guess.
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959

And don't forget to buff before the boss fight. This is a good potion to use:

@booinyoureyes

Omg I had no idea Charisma potions existed!

I've been slaving away trying to save up for a "Friends" scroll. Unfortunately, gold is a lot harder to come by in Britain compared to the Sword Coast.

• WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    MERLANCE said:

I've been slaving away trying to save up for a "Friends" scroll. Unfortunately, gold is a lot harder to come by in Britain compared to the Sword Coast.

Walk into an unlocked house. Most people won't call the guards on you, even when you go upstairs. Rummage through their drawers and cabinets as long as they aren't in your line of sight. Take their gold, gems, or weapons to sell.

Don't get caught though. You chances to score a chick will greatly diminish while in prison :)
    @Wilbur You might score some large black men though, so if that's what you're in to...
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Just take it easy. The most important thing is to not rush yourself into a relationship. Ask yourself whether you really love this girl, or whether it's just a crush. How far do your feelings go? There's levels inbetween 'friend' and 'lover', you see. And you must ask yourself how you actually see this girl. Do not force your feelings upon her. Do not constantly disturb her or get annoyed when she doesn't have time for you when she, for example, needs to study for school. Be there for her when she needs you. Don't 'overtext' her, but also don't ignore her texts. Be a person she can trust and make her feel comfortable. Give her the feeling she can talk about anything with you. Be interested in her and her interests. Take her seriously when she needs it. Dont overprotect her Edward Cullen-style, but also don't leave her on crucial moments (also Edward Cullen-style, after heleft Bella in the forest). Sorry for the Twilight quotes, just seemed appropriate to use here. Be yourself. Allow yourself to make mistakes. And always try to stay reasonable. When you have a fight, try to talk about your issues together. Try to find a middle way. And above all, have fun and nice moments together. Let your relationship grow naturally. Take responsibility when necessary. Those are a few tips I can already give you. As for what's said earlier about virtual relationships, they can be perfectly be maintained and grow into a deep bond, just like a real-life relationship. It's how my current relationship started. I met my boyfriend on the old Bioware forums, later on we got to know each other better on the Bioware Social Network. We started out as virtual friends, now and then sending messages to each other, usually game-related. Gradually the comfort-zone grew bigger as we dared to mildly flirt with each other, often using a lot of humour too. Then the day came we decided to mee for real. I had recently recovered from my first (online) relationship, in which I got abused and cheated on in the end. My ex just wanted to control over me and someone on who he could vent his frustrations. It broke my heart, as I was 18 and hella naive at the time. But I learned from it and it made me mature a lot. Now I know specifically what I want in a relationship: honesty, mutual respect and care. Three very, almost basic aspects of a relationship. Aspects which you should strive for in your own relationship. Because they are fundamental for reaching happiness together. So in the end I met this guy, this actually still unknown guy, and turns out we were both shy as hell. But we also didn't differ from our talks online. Our relationship also had to grow in real life, and so it did over a couple of years of regularly seeing each other. It all went slow, it grew gradually. There was no rush. Especially since I'd become very suspicious and fearful of men after my first relationship. But it worked. This relationship just worked. And it still does today. I even plan on marrying my current boyfriend. And such thoughts could only grow from knowledge that you have such a deep bond together. I wish you much luck, @Quartz.
    Thanks kitteh.

So uhh. I'm in a bit of a difficult spot again.

Getting together is proving difficult. Always this or that getting in the way. She definitely flirted with me a short time back, over text, but still... It's like I'm pushing a rope here. Like nothing's going to actually happen. And I dunno if it's worth the effort if it's going to continue to be like this.
    edited January 2014
    @Quartz pushing a rope seems very difficult, unless.....
    Also, keep a not-SO-yourself while regarding your relationship, I think I've said this before, but anyway it is worth saying twice.
    [...]
    Crevs' female friend: "I think you are cute."
    Crevs: "What a nice way of telling me you want to have sexual relationships with me"
    Crevs' female friend: "Suffer a slap of justice! Learn to think you perv!" (As literal as I can translate it from spanish)
    Crevs' female friend - Attacks Crevs
    Crevs - Squeezes left tit
    Crevs - 18 + 3 = 21 : Tit squeezed
    Crevs did 300 damage to his female friend's Pride
    Crevs' female friend: "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SURVIVE THIS, SINDIR!!!" (Yeah, she called me "Sindir" :3)
    Crevs' female friend - 1 + 6 = 7 : Miss
    Crevs' female friend - Critical Miss
    Crevs - Squeezes right tit
    Crevs - 20 + 3 = 23 : Tit Squeezed
    Crevs - Critical Hit
    Crevs did 450 damage to his female friend's Pride
    Crevs' female friend - 20 + 6 = 26 : Crevs falls to the ground with her ontop, epic.
    Crevs' female friend - Pride Damage Taken (300)
    Crevs: "I was pretty sure you wanted to avoid seducing me and went right into it"
    Crevs' female friend - 20 + 6 = 26 : Slapped in the face
    Crevs' female friend did 1 damage to Crevs' Pride (200 - 199), because he is uncaring about that.
    Crevs: "I love you too darling"
    *Crevs gets slapped again*
    *And yet again*
    [...]
    Well, pretty easy to understand this Baldur's Gate style that makes me feel not-SO-bad-like-enough-to-die when I tell this. The problem with her was that she has the SAME personalty as I have, but I wasn't so prideful by that time, she thought she was the SMRTEST human in the world while I think the same, she was exceptionally good at maths, but my wisdom in not-SO-useful-things broke her ass right as I would have done, EHEM, sorry, it smashed her thought into *cough* ashes *cough* pieces!
    @CrevsDaak ...What even, rofl
  • RyofuRyofu Member Posts: 268
    edited January 2014
    Plan A: Club her on the head and drag her back to your cave.

Plan B: but seriously, if you like her go tell her you like her and would like to be more than just "friends". Even if you crash and burn it is much better than sitting around guessing "does she like me?" all the time, sure you may be sad for abit if you do crash and burn but at least you can move on with you life. Who knows she may say she likes you back.

Personally i once wasted 6 months doing the little dance you have been describing, when i finally picked up the courage to tell my girlfriend it turned out she was waiting all that time for me to initiate and was getting quite exasperated :P
    Are you back in school now? If you are home ask her out and be more straightforward.
    If you are at school, call/skype her. Some things are better communicated with your voice than in a text. Basically, right now you wanna gauge whether or not you or her are willing to make it a relationship, so don't wait too long to tell her where you want to take this, otherwise you may be wasting your time!

As Dorn would say, now is the time to "Be Direct!"
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    edited January 2014
    @CrevsDaak Your female friend needs to learn the "Knee to the 'nads" spell. Instakill, no save- if it connects.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    @crevsdaak, yeh, that totally happened.
    @quartz, I don't really have anything to say that hasn't been said already, but for maybe, yeah there's a trick, and yes, be confident, direct, honest, and don't listen to crevs. He's, well, you know. He's crevs.
    @crevsdaak
    I kinda got lost in your post, but I think maybe you should call your lawyer xD
    edited January 2014
    Oh gawd who invited LadyRhian to my thread. I stay away from you please stay away from me. We are natural enemies and I'd really rather we avoided each other.

------------

Yeah yeah, I get the whole being forward and just saying "I like you" deal. I've done it. The problem is I don't necessarily view spending time together to be an easy task even if we were official, which just leads to a lot of heartache and drama.

I get that relationships require investment and caring and stuff. But when it takes this much seemingly pointless effort early on I'm not sure it's a good sign. Things should be natural at this stage, if it's not, it's probably not a good sign.

Now for all I know she might be a whole lot more talkative were we official and I could be dead wrong. But she does *not* initiate or even communicate in general enough for my tastes. Every girl I've gotten involved with before her has opened up a whooooole lot easier. I like people who open up easily (possibly too easily like myself), and ... yeah. I dunno. I mean yes, you can go around overanalyzing people and finding things that don't match your preference all day and get nowhere, but this is a pretty big one.

Truth is though I should probably reserve judgement until after this disgustingly difficult to plan second date. Seriously she's had to cancel on me for one reason or the other four times now. And before anyone suggests it's 'cuz she's purposefully trying to ignore me or some shit, lol no definitely not she is probably more frustrated than me from what I can tell.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    hmm... honestly, in my experience, girls who "open up too easily" are trouble (and no, I don't mean their legs)
    @Quartz Say Whaaaat?! I don't get your attitude.
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    @Quartz , it's your own fault things are difficult, you don't expect a 17 yo girl to initiate, especially if you're already friends and she doesn't want to give you clear signs that might make her appear easy, more so since she have no clear idea about your feelings and might think you're just fooling around. If it's difficult for you to tell her about your feelings, imagine how it is for her.
    Best to act now and be straightforward. Be humble but self-assured, tell her "I don't usually go up to girls and say this, but I really like you. I've liked you for a while actually. Would you want to go on a date with me as my girlfriend?" or something like that. How difficult can that be? You have nothing to lose but a little sting in your pride if you get rejected, unlikely to happen from what I read. But the more you wait, the less your chances are to get in couple with her. You beat Baldur's Gate for Christ sake, you can do this :)

hmm... honestly, in my experience, girls who "open up too easily" are trouble (and no, I don't mean their legs)

And if she opens her legs that might cause trouble too.
    @booinoyureyes my advocade told me that he didn't cared much about mad teenagers and badass girls.
    @meagloth you're also entitled to your wrong opinion ;) and I wouldn't say it if it is not true, because I've learned from my errors, that make me be not-SO-evily-funny-with-her, but I've never met with her again, so, who cares!
    I pretty much second everything that @Foggy said
    @LadyRhian I don't think Quartz meant that seriously. I assumed he was referring to the fact (if memory serves) that you like Imoen and Minsc like any normal, well-adjusted human being and he for some reason hates them!
    @booinyoureyes I know we've disagreed in the past about things, I just felt it was a strange attitude to have when I only made a single post here. But he must be a dog person. ;) (Not that I don't like dogs- I love most animals. But you know, cat people and dog people…)