Skip to content

Quartz' Dumb Love Life (Or Lack Thereof)

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Quartz and @DreamingViks .

I am not trolling.

I tried to give some life experience.

I passed on wisdom.

Unfortunately, the kind of stuff that probably works in a nightclub or any premises selling alcohol. (Although I have recently learnt you cant drink in some states of America until 21?)

Ok... I did try and do it in a funny and witty way.

The not caring (and I stated I wish there was a better name for it) is the opposite of what your doing here. Which is beating yourself up (that started with the name of thread! ) and putting yourself down, whilst over analysing a situation.

DO!

Stop the self pity.

If you live your life like this, you will get depression and DO nothing.

*Anduin re-reads. Is he being harsh? No, shakes head, tough love is the kinda love needed here...*

@Tresset You have a friend. Your the most charismatic lobster I know.

:)
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    edited January 2014
    Yeah, by "going for the kiss" I really didn't take it as @anduin saying "grab her and push your lips against her" (anyone who has seen a certain scene between Lord Grantham and the maid in Downton Abbey will understand how awkward and... unpleasant that would be)
    I took it more as he meant building up for it in a not-pushy way. When I was young before I ever kissed a girl I assumed it was "So, my dear lady, would you like a kiss" "okay" "okay, lets shake on it" "deal" "here we go"
    It sounds funny but you don't recognize the "moment" you should go in for a kiss until it comes, and if you are inexperienced you might panic and miss it. I think the message here is do NOT do that... not go sexually assault women!
    Post edited by booinyoureyes on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Anduin kids and alcohol, you know, *starts to flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy*, not very, *burp* good.....

@booinyoureyes what if she assaults first?
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited January 2014
    @Tresset I could argue with you all day, but I'll simply state that in this specific thread you are just trying too hard to explain yourself. I normally find your comments very enjoyable.

@Anduin
    Anduin said:

The not caring (and I stated I wish there was a better name for it) is the opposite of what your doing here. Which is beating yourself up (that started with the name of thread! ) and putting yourself down, whilst over analysing a situation.

DO!

Stop the self pity.

If you live your life like this, you will get depression and DO nothing.

I am getting the feeling that you have not read too many of my posts since the original post.
    No. I read the original post... I think I stated it at the beginning of my first post on the thread. If I have missed something key to the debate, then I am sorry.

I have better name for the not caring though!

At present your being reflective.

You need to become non - reflective! Sounds much better!

@Booinyoureyes exactly what I meant. That moment when you have just made her laugh, your eyes meet and you can hear the blood pounding through your ears... What else could I mean? I think when you miss the moment, its called choking in america from some of the chick flicks I've been forced to watch... However, choking, means something ENTIRELY inappropriate and different in Britain.

I agree. Sexually harassing women is not what I want @Quartz to do.

That peck on the cheek goodnight was always a doozy for a second moment kiss to appear.

Lastly. The women giving advice on this thread. I am requesting you to ask your partner what HELL you put them through to get that first kiss. Lets see if I am so out of kilter.
    @Anduin Aye that would explain it. Reflective seems like a good title at the moment.

I am not too broken up that things don't appear to be happening. You say to be more bold, but it seems to me that I'm pushing a rope, and I know when to back out. To be honest I will be going on to college soon enough, so it's probably time to essentially start a new life instead of clinging to the past, besides. I will probably remember this as a time I got a little closer to Hannah as a friend and there's nothing wrong with that, their family is close to my heart.

Besides, I was interested in the girl. I wasn't head over heels at any point. Not the first time, probably not the last either.

I hear you on the confidence and boldness part. I believe anyone can benefit from such traits, even more so when it comes to men. There are a few things you have said that would be entirely out of character for me to do so I've just sort of glossed over that. =P
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Anduin said:

Shrimp. He's a mantis shrimp. Way to show you care, bro.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    @Quartz: Hmm, I'm sorry to say this, but having read your descriptions of how your meetings always got delayed, makes me think she's just not into you. Especially that last blow-off, where she seemingly carelessly blew you off by mentioning her mother last-minute. Also, that kiss she sent through text at New Year's isn't a real indicator of her feelings for you. I think you interpreted that wrongly, as I think it was more meant in a friendly way, as in a way to share her happiness for the upcoming new year. I don't think she is aware you're in love with her and I don't really see how that will change unless you yourself take initiative and just tell her. But even then I estimate the chances to be slim, as her constant blow-offs of possible dates just show that she prioritizes other things over you. If she had had true interest in you, she would have told her brother she had a meeting with you, she would have told her mother that she was planning to go out with you. Truly sorry, but I think she sees you as more of a friend.
    @Kitteh_On_A_Cloud Yup. Thanks for the second opinion!
    edited January 2014

] I don't think she is aware you're in love with her

0.o Dem is some strong words
    o.0
    Isandir is Edward Snowden!
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Anduin said:

Lastly. The women giving advice on this thread. I am requesting you to ask your partner what HELL you put them through to get that first kiss. Lets see if I am so out of kilter.

Well. Since you asked.

*turns head* Hey, boyfriend, what kind of hell did I put you through to get that first kiss?

BF: "...? *tilts head* You didn't put me through anything...?"

Wo-lah! Mystery solved. :P
  • IsandirIsandir Member Posts: 458

o.0
    Isandir is Edward Snowden!

Curses! Cover blown. Have to move again...

Anduin said:

meagloth said:

Shrimp. He's a mantis shrimp. Way to show you care bro

Both are crustaceans. And saying someone is a charismatic Shrimp does not sound as caring...

Plus @Tresset is the man that passed a good word on my behalf. @Tresset knows this. And I love him for it (in a between men, manly way, from a great distance).

Errm... @Nonnahswriter .

Two things. Explain how you got that first kiss? Secondly, what was the build up to the event?

I really like your partner. I thought that was an A1 political husband answer.

My wife took a completely different tack to it that I couldn't see. (Sorry my wife was having a read because I want to put a picture up like @Isandir ) In her words...

Has that girls partner just said she was easy?

My wife... proof that the male of the species usually gets eaten...
    @nonnahswriter I agree with @Anduin . The fact that he said "You didn't put me through anything" proves my theory that he is a Level 20 Boyfriend with a maxed Knowledge: Relationships skill! Conflict avoidance is key to any relationship :)

To be honest my girlfriend didn't put me through hell for the first kiss, but my very first girlfriend required about three to four reloads for me to finally overcome her Smooching Resistance and not get Morale Failure: Awkwardness.

Maybe a smooth first kiss is how you know you have chemistry
    edited January 2014
    @nonnahswriter
    First reaction:

-(}
    /Y\`;,
    /^\ ;:,

___{)
    ,;`/Y\
    ,:; /^\
    Second reaction:

♥ ♥
    _w_

(first picture was supposed to be people barfing, while the second one was supposed to be someone befuddled with cuteness, but it is not translating well. Lol)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Kitteh_On_A_CloudKitteh_On_A_Cloud Member Posts: 1,629
    Well, I've always been quite an introvert. Most of my youth I wasn't even interested in boys, although I had some male friends, but more back in middle school. I never really went through puberty either, mentally, that is. I lived in my own dreamy bubble and kept myself busy with homework and getting good grades. Of course I had silly crushes, but I never thought I'd ever get a real boyfriend. I was really naive and insecure. My first relationship failed exactly because of that. I now know better what I want and have definitely matured. I'm now in a happy relationship with the nicest guy on Earth... At least, that's how I see it. :p So don't worry, @Quartz, you'll certainly find someone someday. As for that first kiss, it happened on a late evening, after me and my boyfriend (me and my family were visiting him, as he lives in another country) had been sight-seeing, and I was about to enter the hotel, he halted me and took my face into his hands, and then just kissed me. I really hadn't seen it coming and was surprised, in a reflex pulling away my face. We were both so embarrassed, but I wasn't mad, rather flustered. Later on that night he even apologized through a text message, hoping he'd not hurt me. I found it silly and cute and that's pretty much how it all went from there. :) So yeah, did someone warn for cheeziness? Have some more! :p

@Isandir: Wow! You guys look like actors starring in a Hollywood movie! :)

She always looks like that. Pictures of me usually involve partly closed eyes, a slightly open mouth and a horrendous expression of half-surprise, half-annoyance...

So hang on... @Kitteh_on_a_cloud was pounced upon! A definite kiss out of the blue there, just went for it. Didn't have, need, a step 4.

*Anduin starts to think, have we hijacked the thread with all the kisses? Is this making @Quartz feel better...*
    Nah it's cool. This is a good thread derailment not a bad one. The original subject is pretty much dead now anyway so ... may as well. Enjoyable to read.

I think I would probably die if I went after a girl like Kitteh. "I wasn't mad, rather flustered." I can't tell the difference, and most men can't...
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    But we're not liking it because you're in the corner crying. We like it because we care... :)