Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit www.planescape.com to purchase and check for details.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

How was your first experience with Baldur's Gate?

Comments

• BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 4,266
    @Nahkriinaak, I actually identify with your post, for reasons I won't go into detail about.

But the "saved from despair caused by a lonely, empty life of too much mental stress, and partying too much during youth, by good crpg's like Baldur's Gate" theme kind of fits me, too.

I especially like, "No tears. Only dreams now." Boy, do I ever identify with that. ;)
    kcwiseRavenslightloliensarevok57
  • NWN_babaYagaNWN_babaYaga Member Posts: 732
    I remember that very good. Not in all the details but the feeling i had while playing came close to my old nerd feelings playing monkey island 2 etc. So it gave me a great experience once again with RPG´s. IT also prepared me for NWN in someway.
    kcwiseRavenslightloliensarevok57
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 2,934
    edited March 2014
    jackjack said:

Your friend was flat-out wrong - roll another Bard, (though I would suggest either Jester or Blade), and thank me later.

Well a pureclass bard in BG1 is a bit difficult to handle maybe for a first-timer. Wands being your most important asset I suppose.
    Not sure about Blade, I don't doubt the Blade's power but the class seems a bit hackeyed to me. I might look into the Jester though. Could be interesting playing an apparent fool.
    Post edited by Blackraven on
    jackjackkcwiseloliensarevok57