TMNT **
    Power Rangers 1st season **
    Pete & Pete **

24 ***** + *
    The Last Ship **
    The Mentalist *****
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Shikao said:

@meagloth, it's really good, but it would take couple seasons for me before I could call favourite.

I don't watch a lot of serius tv, and I don't like most stuff on-air. I like doctor who and firefly. So I guess it's somewhere down the list.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    The Walking Dead
    Game of Thrones
    Doctor Who (all the way back to Hartnell days)
    Buffy
    Battlestar Galactica (although I like both, the remake was so much better)
    Archer
    Star Trek (TOS)
    Star Trek (TNG)
    Deep Space 9
    Babylon 5
    Blake's Seven
    12 Monkeys
    X-Files
    Daredevil
    MST3K

Some other stuff as well. More than I can list here.

I've recently been binge watching 3rd Rock from the Sun and really enjoying it.
    A few more for the list:

Red Dwarf
    Blackadder
    Faulty Towers
    Monty Python
    Firefly
    Supernatural
    Hex (try and find that one)
    Brimstone
    Futurama
    Torchwood
    Jericho

Yeah, I need a life.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I'll add Game of Thrones
  • proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    My picks would be (in random train of thought order):
    Battle star Galactica
    Freaks and Geeks (that show nailed being a suburban kid in the '80's. I WAS Sam)
    Merlin (yeah, I know, it's not a great show but I was laid up in bed for a week and was great binge watching).
    Orange is the New Black
    TransParent
    Six Feet Under
    How I Met Your Mother (the long form joke taken to its ultimate conclusion)
    Party Down

And like a hundred others I'm blanking on right now...
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    edited May 2015
    procco said:

Merlin (yeah, I know, it's not a great show but I was laid up in bed for a week and was great binge watching).

Hey! Merlin was awesome!

Battlestar galactica
    Breaking bad
    The Wire
    Game of thrones
    Firefly
    The Borgias
    Stargate (and spin offs)
    Merlin
    Red Dwarf
    Blackadder
    Not the nine o'clock news
    Monty Python's Flying Circus
    Dave Allen at large
    HIGNFY
    Mock the week
    NMTB
    Post edited by wubble on
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited May 2015
    @the_spyder , You have excellent taste. :)

EDIT: No Voyager? I recently binge-watched the whole series over a couple or three months, and I think it's worth it to watch the series for Robert Picardo as the Doctor and Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine alone. I also enjoy Tim Russ as Tuvok, even more so since he voiced the elf leader in Dragon Age, and Kate Mulgrew as Captain Janeway, even more so since I became a fan of Orange is the New Black.
    @BelgarathMTH - thanks.

I've actually watched all of the Voyager episodes. Like you, I thought that Robert Picardo and Jeri Ryan were the best of the show. Despite the fact that Jeri was brought onboard to be "The boobs", she is actually quite a talented actress and I enjoyed her portrayal. I give props to Tim Russ as well.

I am in the process of binge watching Stargate Universe. It is actually a good deal better than I had heard it was. despite the fact that they use a LOT of the same hooks that Stargate Atlantis used, I felt it was a show in it's own right and worthy of more than simply the two seasons that it got.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    edited May 2015
    Breaking Bad
    Game of Thrones
    Pushing Daisies
    Blackadder
    Top Gear (UK Original)
    Futurama
    Black-ish
    The Goldbergs
    Parks and Recreation
    Angel
    Fresh off the Boat
    30 Rock
    Arrested Development
    Key and Peele

And last but not least, my absolute favorite tv show ever: Community.
    Voyager became good when Jeri Ryan came on the show
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Personally, TNG>TOS>DS9>VOY, but that's another discussion.
    Ds9, tng, voy, ent, tos
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    The sinpsons and the outer limits :)
    I did not watch these days shows, sadly.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    In no particular order: The Walking Dead, Grimm, Forever, Agents of Shield, Better Call Saul, Suits, Scorpion, River Monsters & Survivor.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    the sopranos
    la piovra
    true detective
    twin peaks
    better call saul
    upright citizens brigade
    only fools and horses
    'allo 'allo
    new girl (love zooey; not necessarily recommended)
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    House M.D !! Brilliant.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Danger 5.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Some more:
    A Bit of Fry and Laurie
    Columbo
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
    Taxi
    Fawlty Towers
    And into Dangerous waters.

Agents of SHIELD
    The Flash
    Arrow
    Agent Carter
    V (both series)
    Telly Tubbies!
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Bayblon 5 (last episode made me cry like a baby...yeah...sue me :wink: )
    Farscape
    Battlestar Galactica
    Person of Interest
    Carnivale (very disturbing but strangly addictive)
    The Flash
    Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Warehouse 13 (when I needed to laugh)
    Game of Thrones (still great but not that good as at the beginning)

Two series of which potential were wasted are:
    Lost
    Prison Break
    Cahir said:

Lost
    Prison Break

I didn't watch Lost but I agree with you about Prison Break. I really enjoyed that show. They did a reasonably good job wrapping it up but it left me wanting more.

A much bigger disappointment to me however was when they cancelled Revolution. That show had great potential and it never even got the chance to tie up loose ends. The remake of 'V' was the same way. It really makes me reluctant to commit to new shows these days. I find that I have to kind of gauge the popularity of a show before I start liking it too much...
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Balrog99 said:

Cahir said:

Lost
    Prison Break

I didn't watch Lost but I agree with you about Prison Break. I really enjoyed that show. They did a reasonably good job wrapping it up but it left me wanting more.

A much bigger disappointment to me however was when they cancelled Revolution. That show had great potential and it never even got the chance to tie up loose ends. The remake of 'V' was the same way. It really makes me reluctant to commit to new shows these days. I find that I have to kind of gauge the popularity of a show before I start liking it too much...
    Totally agree about Revolution and V. Completely forgot about these two. There was also the show Alcatraz with good potential but it turned out really weak.
    I took a chance with Grimm even though it was in the kiss of death Friday night slot. So far I haven't been disappointed.

Another good show that didn't make the cut that I just thought of was 'Dracula' from last year. At least that one only went one season so I didn't get too attached to it. There was some really good acting on that show though so I was a little surprised that it didn't go at least one more season.
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    edited May 2015
    Favorite current shows:

Penny Dreadful
    The Strain
    Vikings
    Game of Thrones
    Constantine

Favorite shows of all time:

Buffy
    Rome
    Balrog99 said:

Cahir said:

Lost
    Prison Break

I only watched the first episode of revolution, it seemed to me like they tried to cram too much into the first episode, the plot was a bit rushed and vague and could have been spread over a few episodes.
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    I only watch 2 shows, the walking dead and game of thrones. Sunday night is like date night for my wife and I.
    Balrog99 said:

Cahir said:

Lost
    Prison Break

For me personally (and subjectively) I really wanted to like Revolution. Towards the end of season 1 I just realized that I wasn't going to get into it. Then when season 2 was all about Fathers and Sons and EVERYONE had some sort of offspring I just stopped watching.

Lost started off fantastic and just kept on getting better and better.... till the final season. Then it crashed and burned SOOOOOO badly. I refuse to admit that the season existed (metaphorically). It just felt like they did a poll of all of the potential reasons why things were the way they were and then said "It can't be any of these. Think up something else." and then the poor writers had to pull something out of their collective a---.

Babylon 5 was like that sort of with the final season. It just felt like the entire season was an homage to letting the series go. With Ivanova gone and the rest of the cast slowly being reassigned it was just a slow descent. I did like the Centauri story line, but even that felt a bit tacked on.

I'll add to my list of favorites

The Strain
    Spartacus
    Xena