Comments

• voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    The original was iconic.

The remake felt like Mad Men in space.

:)
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Ugh. :P
  • anastielanastiel Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 246
    My Favorite Serie is Preacher,Taboo and the man in the high castle.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Grilled cheese :)
    Grilled with extra cheese, and more cheese grated on top. Cheese on cheese on cheese... Ultra cheesy!
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    I have to mention Mystery Science Threater 3000. This show (almost) single handedly formed my entire sense of humor. And my love of bad movies.
    There are movies that are so bad that they are good... TV Shows as well :)
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    @Shandyr, as a longtime Trekkie I would watch the new show if not for it being on a streaming service. I just can't bring myself to subscribe to a service just for one show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited September 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Movies so bad they are good: All Godzilla films (except the first, which was actually good), Hawk the Slayer.

I mean, who could forget Jet Jaguar? (along with his theme song!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNYt43xB3Fg
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    LadyRhian said:

Movies so bad they are good: All Godzilla films (except the first, which was actually good), Hawk the Slayer.

My daughter got into Godzilla a few years ago so I got watch those movies all over again (plus quite a few I didn't even know existed). They're definitely a lot of cheesy fun. My favorite is Godzilla vs. Hedorah but I'd advise taking some kind of hallucinogen before watching it if you want it to make any kind of sense!
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    Shandyr said:

Mind you, as with many new entries in long and old series, there are many long-term Start Trek fans who hate this latest addition because according to them "it is not Star Trek anymore". I have seen such comments.

Yeah I'm quite sure that would be exactly my reaction, even just going by what I've read about the show from its producers.
    LadyRhian said:

This reminds me of Spectreman :)

I certainly like the Mortal Kombat movies theme music... The movies themselves are so bad they are funny :)
    @mlnevese Compared to #2, #1 is Shakespeare.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @LadyRhian I unironically like the first movie as genuinley good.
    Hey, I like both movies. But then, when it comes to movies, I like my cheese. I actually own both of them on Blu-Ray, along with both Conan movies, and both of them are cheese-feats as well.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited September 2018
    The best television show of all-time is "The Wire". The 4 runner-ups (imo) are "Breaking Bad", "The Sopranos", "Deadwood" and "The West Wing". Right below them I would rank "Six Feet Under" "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and "The Twilight Zone". The best show on TV right now is "Better Call Saul" (it also happens to be the most ingenious use of the concept of a prequel in any entertainment medium ever). "Game of Thrones" deserves alot of credit for bringing that epic to the screen. "The Walking Dead" was great for two seasons, and has since devolved into absolute horseshit that is nearly unwatchable.

The best sitcom of all-time is "Friends". I feel good when I watch it, it's like going home. The best 90s TGIF, kid-friendly sitcom is "Family Matters". "The Larry Sanders Show", "The Shield", "The X-Files" all deserve loads of praise and so does the ORIGINAL run of "Roseanne", at least up until they won the lottery.