Baldur`s gate MEME Thread * Spoilers all over the place*

Comments

• odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    This thread.rawks luvin it I do
  • TalvraeTalvrae Member Posts: 315
    Adul said:

Mokona said:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I know I'm a BG nerd because when I read that caption the first thing that popped into my mind was "That can't be right, the minimum roll is 75 points."
    well it don't say it's at BG, could be on a tabletop game of AD&D, and a sadistic dm who don't allow reroll lol
  • lordkimlordkim Member Posts: 1,063
    Interresting threads not to follow :
  • MokonaMokona Member Posts: 89
    Adul said:

I know I'm a BG nerd because when I read that caption the first thing that popped into my mind was "That can't be right, the minimum roll is 75 points."

This -type- of situation has happened to me while rolling. They weren't ALL less than 10, but I've rerolled a ton and had it happen where you get a perfect strength and all the rest of your stats are horrible. If you're Bad Luck Brian though, the minimum roll is not 75. "Grats, you got perfect STR. Oh, but your DEX and CON are 3. Try not to get in a combat situation. Ever."
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    edited September 2012
    That pic of the guy getting mauled by the bear is sickening at best. Not a good vibe for this thread which is otherwise full of awesome.
  • sandmanCCLsandmanCCL Member Posts: 1,389
    @LadyRhian: You a fan of Iron Monkey? Great movie. Recognize it in a couple of those pictures regarding monk and ninja.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited September 2012
    @LadyRhian, that kitten is just loveable; almost freakish.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @sandmanCCL Second only to "Hawk the Slayer" and "Dungeons and Dragons: Wrath of the Dragon God". :)
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    Mokona said:

This -type- of situation has happened to me while rolling. They weren't ALL less than 10, but I've rerolled a ton and had it happen where you get a perfect strength and all the rest of your stats are horrible. If you're Bad Luck Brian though, the minimum roll is not 75. "Grats, you got perfect STR. Oh, but your DEX and CON are 3. Try not to get in a combat situation. Ever."

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I can't get over that so easily. Are you saying that the minimum roll is not 75 points? I'm asking because I've had my fair share of rolls in BG, believe me, and I'm almost always counting my rolls, even the crap ones, and I've yet to see one roll that's less that 75 points. 75 seems to be the artificial minimum limit the devs had put into the game for one reason or another. But of course, I'm not 100% sure it's the actual minimum, just pretty darn close.
  • ZinodinZinodin Member Posts: 153
    LadyRhian said:

Nice. I was wondering what portrait I was going to use for Neera :)

Thanks!

Also, moar pics from Iron Monkey please! That movie was GREAT :D
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Zinodin Incidentally, that pic you like is Lady Death. I watched that movie, too.
    I did a quick oogle search now, @LadyRhian

And wow.. she's boobiful O.O

I mean beautiful :3 Didn't know she had a comic and a movie. I've never heard of her before though.. is it because she's more "flashy" rather than having any substance? Like a decent brain, or whatever
    Actually, Rhian, I had trouble sleeping and I had easy acces to the movie Lady Death.

*Non-spoiler alert/personal summary/review*

I decided to watch the movie, annnnd... Lady Death is a sexy bad-ass :) There were definetly a lot of right things with that movie, like strong characters. I thought the central heroes and villains were kick-ass and had valid motivations! I wanted to see where the movie was going and I wasn't sure how the conflicts would be handled, but I wasn't disappointed when I saw them play out. I felt the order we saw things play out in was excellent. That could have gone so wrong if the writer/director didn't care about the plot. Which proves a point, a girl can be overly sexified but still have character.

That said, I'm personally not a fan of anime, and I wish they went with something more western looking, but I hear the world evolves around the sun, and not around my preferences sadly. The animation was good most of the time, though not by Street Fighter II The Animated Movie standards, or that of Disney, or even Dragon Ball Z/GT. But some points were artistically painful to watch. They dragged on certain scenes that demanded much action. I understand it's hard to draw characters in moving action poses, but it showed too much that the studio struggled with certain action scenes. Another problem was the pacing. There were too few/no moments of subtlety, and it felt like, dududu, this happens, dududu, now they meet this dude, dududu, and now she does this thing for a while dududu, now she gets this thing, dududu and so forth.

But yes, she might have awesome bewbs and dress skimpy, but she's a strong character. I actually wish we had more hot looking females with that sort of care in their story/personality. Lady Death reminds me of a sexy female Arthas (From Warcraft III), though she is different in many ways. As @Mortianna said in a conversation before, "I'm with you there is a lack of heroine/anti-heroine who have an IQ above room temperature." I thought that summed it up pretty well. I won't usually watch a movie just because there is a hot woman on the front, like the Resident Evil movies. I gave the first one a go, but my head hurt so much that I decided to ignore the rest. I don't want to know how stupid that serie can become when I love ze video games so much :P

Anyway, sorry for side-tracking the meme-thread. Just thought it could be educational to discuss some of the meme-poster's backstory.

Like the Monk-motivational poster, and the ninja-poster, are pictures taken from my favorite kung fu movie of all time: Iron Monkey! >:O And it's not bad to watched it with dubbed voices even if there is a subbed version with original Chinese voices! Rargh!
This discussion has been closed.