Skip to content

[mod] Innershade

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
edited March 2020 in BGII:EE Mods
Follow a path between the trees to find a very new village to visit: the village of Innershade. It's been having some problems lately: some people disappeared, and the attacker was never seen. You must stop the guilty party, if you can. Solving the problem may be not enough; getting rid of the attacker is only one of the ways to handle this. The second is understanding the motives and past that became a great burden. In the end, you may have to become a judge of sorts.
In the village, you will also find some minor problems, and even a little affair. Meet Eva, a female blacksmith with a really explosive character. Listen to Li'l Bud's tales about heroes and villains. If you are a bard, maybe you will learn a new skill from a not-too-kind minstrel. Don't forget to visit Granny Bunny, a really nice and kind elderly lady, who will tell you some stories from her past. What else can she offer? Hot tea with some jam, homemade biscuits, and a warm smile.

Colours of Infinity download section
Post edited by LavaDelVortel on

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Hi, I may need to update the mod because Neera's camp and Innershade are in the same place on map (no real problem, but it looks bleh) - but could anyone post a worldmap with ALL ee areas revealed on worldmap? It would be great.
    Thanks!
  • StaglordStaglord Member Posts: 27
    Hi @LavaDelVortel I know this map is not what you was looking for but it's a start

http://www.pocketplane.net/volothamp/images/bg2map2.jpg

i know the enchanted forest and the camp (neera quest) is at the bottom (where you have your issues).

I had an old savegame with rasaad but it got deleted, I seem to remember though that the amphitheater and temple where located in the northen part so f you plaved innersahde in the middle south of De,Arnise keep or maybe between druid groove and forest pf tethir i think you are golden
  • StaglordStaglord Member Posts: 27
    This youtube video has a map at the very end that should cover what you need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j_o7_v7V_A&index=113&list=PLdeWZilAwE9B1t3DVj3sqg_qXS1g72cci
  • starGazerstarGazer Member Posts: 1
    Just for information, I've got Nerra's Camp on my map, and no matter What I do, Innershade map will not appear and I installed without the map instead, it worked just fine.
    Innershade was just updated! Check the new version! Note though, that on EE you need to start a new game to enjoy the content because on EE save games can't be updated.
    Innershade is now designed to work on all WeiDU platforms (PC, OSX, Linux, etc.)
    Golden Dragon Scale Armor now disables thief/wizard abilities as intended and usability now matches description
    Added Enhanced Edition Trilogy compatibility code from K4thos (support continuous journal and EET worldmap)
    Removed usability text from EE item descriptions (EE generates usability text)
    Removed alternate creature animations component - some BG2EE-exclusive animations will be used automatically
    Removed Bioware NPC reactions component - these interjections are now installed as part of the main component
    Removed worldmap components - Innershade will always appear now on the regular worldmap and BP-BGT-Worldmap (when chapter > 1 and party has a "Map to Innershade" item)
    Text screen background for initial visit to Innershade scaled up to 1024x768 for Enhanced Edition installations
    Added Enhanced Edition formatted versions of area graphics files to improve quality and remove horizontal lines
    Fixed infinite loop in coin child quest-completion script in ARISH1.baf
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i was hoping you would have also moved the map icon as it's on top of the wild mage camp currently.
    @megamike15 It's not mentioned because I forgot to add that to the list, but yes, that's also fixed in v8.0. Innershade was moved so those icons no longer colide :)
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
    The mod just got updated. Now it includes a brand new worldmap icon and EE savegame patching! @swit did most of the coding! Check the original post to download the mod.
    Stuff @lefreut found still need to be fixed. Sorry! But it will eventuall be fixed, no worries :) Don't be surprised if it will be quietly updated tomorrow. :)
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27
    I succussfully installed the old version (7.2) , but got errors in installing this new version (9.1) .
    It said:

Error location resource for 'COPY'
    Resource [ea20.ini] not found in KEY file:
    [./chitin.key]

What does it mean?
    @NSAgov770 - I need more details. On what platform you get the bug, if EE, then what version. I checked the version literally today and got no problems.
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I've got same error, and I was trying to install on Android version (so it means 1.3.something). Older versions works ok.
    Android version is still 1.3? ugh... that would make sense. It's because EE is detected, but the resource introduced in 2.0 is not there. I need to think and find out what leaving that change would mean for the rest of the content.
    Okay, I think the problem is the missing ea20.ini file in the resources. But that may be not the only problem. Let me explain:

EE versions of the game got some new file, as stuff got improved. The problem is that WeiDU recognizes both pre-2.0 version of the game and 2.0+ as Enahnced Edition, while those versions differ greatly. ea20.ini is not the only problem - for EE version I use animations that are not there in pre-2.0 game so even if I use check and exclude that file change (and I have literally no idea what that would mean for the rest of the content), there will be problem with animation itself. The question is - if it's worth the change? According to this post and this Android version will be improved, too. At least that how I understand it. Until then, Android players would just need to use a bit older version. It is not perfect, but preparing a new version of the mod to be used on Android only until it's updated means I can't work on other projects. So yeah, that's a taugh decision. If there are modders, who want to give it a try and update version 9.1 of my mod with these checks AND check if it works on Android, feel free to PM me.
    Until then, please remember that SHS archived all previous versions :) Instead of clicking download, when you browse the file, on the right there is a list of previous versions :)
    I absolutely understand thou I don't really believe that we (Android gamers) will ever get update to newer version of game. Anyway older versions works just fine, so not a real issue here ;-) And thanx for your constant work, I couldn't imagine playing without your mods anymore ;-)
    @Caszidy - Thank you, but also don't loose faith! I think you may be surprised and get the new version. Beamdog got many reports on all kind of problems with BG(2)EE on different platforms and those Beamblog news aren't there for nothing :) They are to update players. Sometimes it took me months to update 1 mod and they have a lot more to updated and I guess that's why it takes so much time :)
  • NSAgov770NSAgov770 Member Posts: 27
    So, it seems that the problems came from unupdated android version. Don't mind, the older versions works fine. Keep up your good works. I love your new areas& quests mods.
    Sorry. The moment your version is updated, it will work fine :) Let's hope it will happen this year :) I think that's possible.
  • MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    Not sure if this is a bug, unfortunate mod interaction, or quirk, but the map to Innershade is now showing up in strange places. I also have the Isra NPC mod loaded, and after taking out the thugs attacking Rana, their loot each contained a copy of the map.

Probably not an issue, so long as they weren't supposed to be carrying something else, but I thought it was rather curious.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    @Maurvir

Not quite an issue with this mod. The thugs are copied from the one in the Bridge District who normally drops the map, so if Isra BG2 is installed after Innershade they will have it too.
    That was it. I installed Isra after the quest mods. I guess I now have no excuse not to visit!
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    Unintentional (?) crossmod. I like it.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    After finding several copies of that map, I kind've thought it was a popular place for Athkatlans to head out and visit ;).
    I just visited Innershade today, and I must say, it is brilliant. I absolutely loved the whole thing. It really has that... feel that so much of BG2 lacked. I got wrapped up in having tea and bringing a smile to someone, then the party sat and listened to tales told by a wee little bard. It was among the best moments I've had in the game. I will say that I was not expecting the butt kicking, but even that was an unexpected surprise. The party really had to scrounge to find a way out of that one.

Seriously, you should consider scaling up these areas. The writing in this was excellent, and the only thing I regret was that it was so short. However brief they may be, though, I definitely enjoyed them. Great work!

Maurvir wrote: »
    I just visited Innershade today, and I must say, it is brilliant. I absolutely loved the whole thing. It really has that... feel that so much of BG2 lacked. I got wrapped up in having tea and bringing a smile to someone, then the party sat and listened to tales told by a wee little bard. It was among the best moments I've had in the game. I will say that I was not expecting the butt kicking, but even that was an unexpected surprise. The party really had to scrounge to find a way out of that one.

Seriously, you should consider scaling up these areas. The writing in this was excellent, and the only thing I regret was that it was so short. However brief they may be, though, I definitely enjoyed them. Great work!

i would recommend white queen and i shall not forget which are part of the same series as this. they are fantastic.
    megamike15 wrote: »

i would recommend white queen and i shall not forget which are part of the same series as this. they are fantastic.

They are already installed, I just have to figure out how to start them. Based on recommendations, I added nearly all of these mods to my current game. I'm now glad I did - Southern Edge and Innershade have been gems.
    megamike15 wrote: »

They are already installed, I just have to figure out how to start them. Based on recommendations, I added nearly all of these mods to my current game. I'm now glad I did - Southern Edge and Innershade have been gems.
    white queen opens up with a book from a merchant.

i shall not forget is in a house in the government district.
    Hi, I think I find little bug - Innershade is on my regular always install mod list for every walkthrough, however after many, many, many playthrough I finally arrived in Innershade with bard in my party (it is first time, because I usually don't play with bards), which is Phalh from your Vers'za mod by the way :smile: , and that bard from Innershade who wants large sum of gold teaches Phalh new ability.
    The problem is, that everytime when somebody in my party is hurt and I rest, Phalh apparently is using this ability to heal others, which in the end causes, that when my party wake up, Phalh is dead :astonished:
    Even more oddly is that he isn't dead like dead, he only has 0/xx hit points but I can normally control his avatar and attack and move with him, but his portrait is in shadow like he is dead.
    I solve this problem by removing this ability in EEkeeper.
    And I tried go to Innershade with Haer Dalis and same "bug" occured too.
    Okay, that is weird! Thanks for letting me know! I may need to contact someone who's better with skills and check if it may be improved somehow!
    Have you considered making Innershade a quest hub? It's so far out of the way that it's unlikely anyone would otherwise return (except, perhaps, for the vendors). It's such a beautifully done place that it just cries out for a revisit.

Also, have you ever considered a proper inn or tavern for the area? Perhaps as part of a follow-on quest south or east of the current village. This is the sort of area I just can't get enough of, and I would love to see more of it.