Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Okay! Come one everyone let's go look at the third entrance! Last one there is a silly sausage!
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Stop daydreaming you wingless bird. Go and put your elven senses to some good use and help the halfling find more traps!

(while staying in front of me, I would prefer that, yes)
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    The shiny thing is obviously important so Tiax has decided he shall carry it.
    *He ponders to himself to use of such a object*
    Tiax believe it summons unicorns, and the Mage hates them so much the Mage decided to lie. Tiax has figured this out, it makes perfect sense.
    Aerie just ignore Edwin. He doesn't mean anything he says. He pretends to be evil but he's just a cuddly old teddy bear.
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    *winces at edward's words, and absolutely amazed at how he could be so cruel about something so painful.* O-okay...... *She goes back to stand beside Alura, trying to guide her with her magical vision for as long as it will last* Please, step carefully everyone....
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Okay. Further down the tunnel you go... and Aerie notes another pit, this time on the left side of the tunnel. Then, a pit that straddles the middle of the 20' long hallway, another 10' and another pit to the right, and after another 10' clear section another on the left.

Now, you have pretty much reached the end of the hallway. At the end of the hall, you see a face of green upon the wall. It's a huge stone projection of a devil or man with devil horns with its mouth open as if bellowing... or screaming. To the left side of the tunnel is an arch of stone filled with billowing vapors and mist it is impossible to see through. Three keystones are on the arch, one yellow, one red, and one blue.

Face: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ToH_Gallery/ToHGraphic6.jpg

Arch: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/ToH_Gallery/ToHGraphic5.jpg
    A unicorn! I never saw a unicorn! Can we summon one now? Hands up everyone who wants to see a unicorn!

I've got both hands up because I'm voting for Edwin as well.
    @ladyRhian i take it i detect no traps from either of the objects? if i'm not close enough, will move to where i can.
    Whoa up a minute... Tiax... no one touched the rod. They just saw it was there, and Edwin said it wasn't magical. Sorry.
    I've got a bad feeling we're not going to be seeing any unicorns today ...
    @LadyRhian OOC: Edwin picked it up and said a packmule should carry it. I was just making shit up because Tiax is insane :P
    @ladyrhian let's go from edwin picking up the rod then, if nothing occurs, we'll go from where we are
    OOC: I can live with that

OR CAN I?!

*dramatic music*
    Oh... Edwin has to stand on the pit to pick it up. Do you want to do that, Edwin?
    edited August 2012
    OOC: *camera pans* DUN DUN DUUUNNNNNNNNN!!!!!
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    @IchigoRXC - Umm, no. Tiax is the only sane one here. The other one is waiting at the inn... For the party. :D
    M-m-maybe we could......send boo to pick it up? Or.....poke it and see what happens. (She knows he has to stand on the pit, i assume). I just don't know if it's safe to.....stand there.....
    Tiax thinks the Mage should get on the Hamster carrier's shoulders...
    *Tiax seems to be about to finish his sentence and give a reason as to why, when he suddenly leaves it and begins thinking about something completely different*
    OOC: Ok if it involves falling into the pit trap, I shall not pick up the wand. Let the paladins do it, they know no fear.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Garrick the Wondrous doubts that Edwin would actually retrieve the rod. He has eager beaver happy rogues to do that for him... The mere thought makes me feel like singing. SEE WHAT YOU ARE MISSING?
    So... does anyone want to pick up the rod/wand for Edwin?
    I do feel the need to inform you simians that while you were dodging and fearing this useless box, I was reading ancient tongues on these walls and floor. They do provide us a measure of information about what is to come;

ACERAK CONGRATULATES YOU ON YOUR POWERS OF OBSERVATION. SO MAKE OF THIS WHAT YOU WILL, FOR YOU WILL BE MINE IN THE END NO MATTER WHAT.

Go back through the Tormentor or through the arch
    and the second great hall you'll discover.
    Shun green if you can, but night's good color
    is for those of great valor.
    If shades of red stand for blood the wise
    will not need sacrifice aught but a loop of
    magical metal- you're well along your march.

Two pits along the way will be found to lead
    to a fortuitous fall, so check the wall.
    These keys and those are most important of all,
    and beware of trembling hands and what will maul,
    If you find the false you find the true
    and into the columned hall you'll come
    and there's the throne that's key and keyed.

The iron men of visage grim do more than
    meets the viewer's eye.
    You've left and left and found my Tomb
    and now your soul will die.
    ______

You may thank me for translating this poorly rhymed piece of drivel whenever you feel like it (though sooner rather than later, yes)
    Alora can probably do it from beyond the pit if Ajantis holds her up...
    Does it look like a lever? Could I slip a string around it so we could pull it without standing over the pit?
    lol, remember what happened last time you tried that though......
    It's running into the wall. You kind of can't tell except that it looks like a wand or rod end. It does run in on an angle, so the rest of it *could* be inside the wall...
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    OOC: Sure, Ajantis can do that.
    ooc: should we maybe tie a rope around one of you so that, just in case, some of the muscle could hold you from the pit? the translation refers to a *fortidious fall* and that has me worried
    Tiax shall hold the rope. *laughs* He jests, this is a job for the hamster carrier.
    Edwin says it isn't magical so I don't think it's a wand. Edwin would know if it was. He's really clever.