Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    "What about this smoking urn? I think we should probably do something with it. Either smash it or open it. But have Zone of Sweet Air ready in case it's filled with poison gas."

Kivan steps over to the urn and carefully takes a whiff of the smoke.
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    "Minsc is ready Halfling, put your ring in the hole, then hide swiftly behind me. If evil rears it's ugly head Boo and I shall lop it off with haste!"

Hearing Kivan, Minsc looks over at the urn.

"Is it an evil urn?"

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Alora tries to put a ring in the hole, only to discover that the hole itself is a ring pull, well-disguised as part of the wall.

Kivan sniffs the smoke. Well, it's definitely smoke. It smells like wood or charcoal burning.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    LadyRhian said:

Alora tries to put a ring in the hole, only to discover that the hole itself is a ring pull, well-disguised as part of the wall.

Kivan sniffs the smoke. Well, it's definitely smoke. It smells like wood or charcoal burning.

OOC A ring pull? Does that mean it is like a handle on a drawer or cupboard door?
    image A bit like this, but the ring turns as well as pulls
    I'll check the wall and see if I can see the outline of a secret door.
    "I suppose the smoke isn't poisonous then. Maybe the lich's ashes or phylactery is in there! I'm going to open it and pee in it!"

Starts opening the urn.
    Alora averts her eyes. She has seen quite enough of Kivan's trouser snake for one adventure.
    Okay, you pry out the gold (about 50gp worth) and are surprised when a figure materializes over the urn. "Greetings, Mortals! How may I thank thee for freeing me?"

LadyRhian said:

Okay, you pry out the gold (about 50gp worth) and are surprised when a figure materializes over the urn. "Greetings, Mortals! How may I thank thee for freeing me?"

I hope Kivan puts his dick away before he answers that one.

"Lords of light!"

Minsc adopts a defensive position.
    @Permidion_Stark DM: I dunno, I hear that and some cheap Djinn can get you pretty far these days.
    LadyRhian said:

@Permidion_Stark DM: I dunno, I hear that and some cheap Djinn can get you pretty far these days.

Excellent!

Are you the kind of Djinn that grants 3 wishes to people?
    Alora thinks that if he is the 3 wishes kind of a Djinn then maybe we should save the wishes for transporting us out of here because right now we have no idea where the exit is.
    "Djinn?" the creature seems offended. "I am not one of those airy effete cowards. I am of the Efreeti! Passionate as flame, bright as the sun! I will perform three services for you, in return for my freedom. Is this what you wished to know?"
    LadyRhian said:

"Djinn?" the creature seems offended. "I am not one of those airy effete cowards. I am of the Efreeti! Passionate as flame, bright as the sun! I will perform three services for you, in return for my freedom. Is this what you wished to know?"

Sorry your shininess. I meant no offence. But yes, that is just what I wanted to know.

We've got 3 wishes! We've got three wishes!

Alora is tempted to use the first one to wish for a puppy or maybe some ducks. But she manages not to say it out loud.
    edited September 2012
    "You mean 'I've' got 3 wishes. I was the one that freed him."

"And you would perform 3 'services' eh?"
    http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/008/549/If you know what I mean..png
    edited September 2012
    Awong124 said:

"You mean 'I've' got 3 wishes. I was the one that freed him."

He said mortals. That's plural. You're not. We've got three wishes. So nah to you!

"I wish for Acerak's phylactery to be destroyed, so that his evil will plague Toril no more."
    Awong124 said:

"I wish for Acerak's phylactery to be destroyed, so that his evil will plague Toril no more."

Alora is impressed. She hadn't thought of that. She is glad now she didn't wish for baby ducks. But then there are still two wishes left ...
    The Efreeti frowns "I know of no Acerak. This tomb is of Acererak, and he has no phylateracy any more."
    Minsc leans down and whispers loudly to Alora.

"Boo says to wish for more wishes."
    edited September 2012
    LadyRhian said:

The Efreeti frowns "I know of no Acerak. This tomb is of Acererak, and he has no phylateracy any more."

So that doesn't count as a wish, right?
    "Hmm... no phylactery... Are you guys sure whatever this tomb belongs to is a lich? I thought all lichs had a phylactery."
    "I wish only to know where this Lich is that I might smite him in truly heroic fashion all over this tomb."
    Awong124 said:

"Hmm... no phylactery... Are you guys sure whatever this tomb belongs to is a lich? I thought all lichs had a phylactery."

Are you asking me or Minsc? Because either way the answer is going to be "What's a filactory?"
    Delvarian said:

"I wish only to know where this Lich is that I might smite him in truly heroic fashion all over this tomb."

When Minsc said that he wasn't wishing wishing he only said wish in a non-wishmaking kind of way.

Delvarian said:

When Minsc said that he wasn't wishing wishing he only said wish in a non-wishmaking kind of way.
    "I wish I knew what you were talking about..."