Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Sure, @Awong124! So now we have Kivan and Edwin...
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208
    I guess i'll try my hand as a female, and play as aerie. I guess sarevok would be a bit harder to play as and i think a healer might help out more in this case. Just forgive me if i sound a bit masculine in some of my lines.
    Kivan is a 13th Level Ranger His stats are S18/12, Dex 17, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 14 Cha 8 hp102

Edwin is a 12th Level Conjurer His stats are S9, Dex 10, Con 16 Int 18, Wis 9, Cha 10 hp 60
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Sweet, 13th level.

Now let us rid the landscape of this evil lich.
    Okay. Aerie is a Level 10/10 Cleric/Wizard. Her stats are S10, Dex 17, Con 9, Int 16, Wis 16, Cha 14 hp 60
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Excellent! Excellent! With my superior intellect and experience, I shall lead this group to the treasures it so rightly deserves. (Though if any of these barbarians touches the magical scrolls this demilich undoubtably hoards, they shall be deported to the lowest of the hells, of course)
  • DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Minsc: "Who is that wizard talking to Boo?"
    I....I WILL DO.....my best. I hope that you're sure this is.....is a good idea. I don't want to see my friends hurt.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    I think you shall find that Tiax with his mighty stature and greater, everything shall lead this bunch. In Tiax's name we move forward. *Nudges Edwin* You first.
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Drugar said:

@Permidion_Stark
    Thanks for changing your avatar, you weren't channeling enough happy-happy-happy already.
    < /Sarcasm>

:-p

Errr, you monkey.

Smile Edwin! A smile is just a frown turned upside down!
    OOC: for the sake of clarity do we think we should all change our pictures to our characters for the time being? Maybe easier than saying our names: each time.
    Too bad nobody is Skie. The constant complaining would be hilarious.
    OOC: I'm playing on my iPhone so I can't change my pic :(
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Ugh, the tiniest of the monkeys dares to touch my robes. What drudgery I am subjected to.
    Large warrior with the hamster, draw your sword and go ahead. We need someone strong to tackle the way in. (Yes, appeal to his vanity, he seems too dimwitted to see through this ploy)
    edited August 2012
    OOC: On the complaining front, We have Aerie for that and angsty Kivan on occasion too.

Tiax: Aerie, Tiax wishes you recount that HILARIOUS story about losing your wings again, this party needs some uplifting har har.

Minsc, oh mountain of a man, I say follow Edwin's command as Tiax allows it... for now.
    "Come Boo! The man in the dress commands and Minsc follows, or leads as the case may be."

Takes out his sword and strides valiantly forward.
    Kivan: @Tiax, *sigh* don't get her started on that again...
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    sadly im from different time zone and im going to bed soon or else i would join with haer dalis awesome blade skills
  • gfm50gfm50 Member Posts: 124
    LadyRhian said:

Let's see how good an RP'er you really are! Anyone interested in going through the Pen and Paper version of Tomb of Horrors? To tie this into Baldur's Gate, you get to play any of the BG or BG2 NPCs as your character. You get Maximum Hit Points for your Level (between 8 and 12). There can only be one "version" of each NPC. i.e. No 3 Imoens or Korgans). Then see how long you last in the Tomb of Horrors, which I will run on this board. Interested? Reply here or send me a message.

Definitely interested. Thanks for offering to setup this game Rhian!
    And now it's time for... Magic items!

Aerie- Displacer Cloak -2 to AC, +1 Ring of Protection, +3 Staff, Wand of Magic Missiles (30 ch)
    Alora- +1 Leather Armor, +2 Ring of Protection, +1 Dagger, Boots of Speed
    Edwin- Bracers AC4, Cloak of Protection +3, +2 Dagger, Scroll (Burning Hands, Disintegrate, Dispel Magic, Levitate)
    Jan- Bracers of Protection AC 4, Boots of Striding and Springing, +1 Flaming Short Sword, Dust of Appearance
    Kivan- Ankheg Plate Mail, +3 Shield, + 3 Mace
    Minsc- Ankheg Plate Mail, +3 Shield, +1 Sword, +2 Longbow
    Tiax- Bracers of Defense AC5, Sling of Seeking, P. Extra Healing, Scroll (Cure Critical Wounds, Resurrection)
    OOC alright, tell me what you think of the pic, didn't want to go vanilla, but don't want to get booted for being too smutty either.
    Kivan doesn't have a bow?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Minsc, the rodent-friendly one? Perhaps you will allow me to deploy my patented hamster enlarger?
    Okay! @gfm50, you can certainly join. Who would you like to play? (I also got asked to join by @Minevese, so I will give them time to decide who they wish to play.
    Tiax: Hush your stomping Ranger, Tiax hears something.
    *pauses and listens*
    Oh it is the sound of Tiax ruling, carry on hamster carrier.

OOC: Probably won't actually be going anywhere for a while, LadyR is probably sorting loads of stuff out and what not (which is awesome) (like the equipment we just got... bracers of defence I may live yet) Also, I guess we should think about skills, proficiencies and spells perhaps? Or are you on that too @LadyRhian

@Bjjorick It isn't smutty until you look at your profile page and you can tell it is the ex-winged one :)
    Not a magical one, @Awong124. You can be carrying a normal one, though.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    LadyRhian said:

And now it's time for... Magic items!
    Jan- Bracers of Protection AC 4, Boots of Striding and Springing, +1 Flaming Short Sword, Dust of Appearance

can I have a crossbow as well?
    Bjjorick said:

OOC alright, tell me what you think of the pic, didn't want to go vanilla, but don't want to get booted for being too smutty either.

The words "too" and "smutty" don't belong next to each other :p

OOC: Yeah, I'm actually at work, so I can't pay too much attention to this right now.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Posts: 201
    I would like to join, but I dont know if I´m a good enough RPer haha. Also I think your party is full already.
    LadyRhian said:

Not a magical one, @Awong124. You can be carrying a normal one, though.

Ok, that's fine. Since I'm really the only other archer here, I'm assuming that if we find any magical bows in the dungeon I would get to have it.