Skip to content

The Roleplaying Challenge (Tomb of Horrors)

Comments

• AmardarialAmardarial Member Posts: 270
    @LadyRhian Sure just let me know.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited August 2012
    "Strange company we keep here, but greater evil lies inside this unholy place"

OOC Keldorn will detect evil and look around
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    OOC: due to the sporadic nature of the forums and when people will be about I say the more the merrier, as not everyone will take part at the same time
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    And.. the first entrance is 80' from the middle one, and the middle one is about 140' from the third one. You will have to cut or burn the vegetation to uncover an entrance.
    Keldorn closes his eyes and start breathing deeply, a distturbed look in his pale face. In low whispers he seems to be praying to his god.
    Tiax knows of fire but it is not my place to go first, he needs to err... sit down while you choose.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    One of you search to see if any of the entrances are trapped.
    You will need to expose the entrances, first. ("You must gather your party before venturing forth...")
    edited August 2012
    Tiax shall take this place in a little... he finds this whole place kind of... refreshing and fun. Maybe he should find a place like this to live, some day. There is something in the air he finds... relaxing.

*He begins to doze until he jerks suddenly*

FIRE! Tiax in need of fire. Elf, do you not know how to make fire... what kind of ranger are you. Tiax knows of fire, but he needs to know that you do.
    edited August 2012
    Err... of course... I know how to make fire... Maybe I need to see you do it first, so that I know that you know how to do it...
    Recovering Keldorn grabs his crossbow and shoot a normal bolt in the direction of the nearest entrance, observing how it behaves.

"Beware all of you, this place stinks of powerful evil. Trust not what you see. Trust not what you hear for evil is a deceiver."
    Really? And here I thought evil was rainbows and unicorns.
    Edwin sniffs like this whole conversation disgusts him. "The little freak wants fire, does he? I'll show him fire!" He chants arcane-sounding syllables and thrusts out one arm. A HUGE ball of fire races out of his hand and impacts the side of the Hill with a mufffled WHOMP. Almost immediately, the side of the hill catches fire, turning into a massive conflagration that crisps every bit of greenery. A pall of bluish-black smoke drifts over you on the wind, bringing with it a choking stench that actually hurts the back of your throat and makes your lungs sting and burn...
    Keldorn draws his sword and turns to the fire.
    *Cough* Edwin you idiot, not that much fire, NOT THAT MUCH FIRE!
    *Tiax begins casting zone of sweet air*
    Damnable wizard! Did you have to destroy a better part of the wilderness?
    edited August 2012
    Hold your magic wizard, keep it for use agains our true enemies!
    Okay... Keldorn and Ajantis are the only ones to fail their saves, and take 4 and 9 hp damage, respectively. You all crowd into TIAX's Zone of Sweet Air, and soon, the threatening rain falls in fat, greasy drops, eventually quenching the fire down to nothing. Three 20' wide openings are revealed in the side of the sandy hill... but it's still raining. I will label the entrances 1, 2 and 3 (from the right to the left).
    Edwin looks coolly at Kivan. "Ask me if I care, Elf."
    Tiax saves the day again!
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    edited August 2012
    Come on people be happy. Can't we just all try to get along?

Once it's not too hot I'll go and have a look at the entrances. Which one shall I go for? Eeeny, meeny, miney, mo! I'm going for entrance number one.

I'm sure there won't be any traps but I will check just in case.

This is scary isn't it? At least I would be scared if you guys weren't with me.
    Do you care, Edwin?
    edited August 2012
    I follow the halfling in case something tries to attack her.
    First entrance...

This entrance goes down 60' to a pair of double-doors with lintels carved like skulls. Two torch holders flank each door, but if there was ever any torches here, they burned down to ash long ago. Aside from a lingering heat near the entrance (certainly from the fire), there is no sign of life.
    Edwin's only response is to give a derisive chuckle.
    Can we nap a while? I'm really sleepy.

(It's almost two in the morning so I have to go to bed. But if you need Alora in my absence she will be happy to creep along dark corridors in front of the rest of the party checking for traps. Damn that low wisdom of mine. I feel sure it is going to get me killed one of these days.)
    Keldorn goes on protecting Alora. He has a soft spot for the small ones, reminds him of his children.
    I just woke up again because I found a trap! Hey everybody! I found a trap! There's a stone I could press but I don't know what it does.

Who wants me to press it?
    Three doors, and behind one lies the prize. This is like one of those carnival games I saw in nashkel, where you choose a door, and if you choose the correct one you win a brand new carriage. Except in our case, there lies an evil that will probably destroy us all.