Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    I WAS asking in the right part of the forum, but I didn't get an answer for a long time. I finally did get an answer though, so the next time I come on this Forum it will be a Patch related comment
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Thels I know that, that why I said no patch this week a few post ago, none the less doesn't mean one can't hope a "hopes fools" it may be but still hope that at last they will fix the last bug before the weekend.
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Who didn't read it yet - Trent Oster wrote on his Twitter that: We are down to one bug in the 1.3 update.
  • Jeppeboy1Jeppeboy1 Member Posts: 5
    I can't download the beta. Installation gets stuck during "getting download info". Can someone please help? I'm sick of playing this half-finished game. The bug in which I lost my weapon proficiencies dueto having cast a luck spell is just too much. Help me quickly or I will not buy BG II EE.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,871
    When it gets stuck (I assume this is for several minutes or more) have you tried clicking on the progress circle to pause it and after 5-10 seconds clicking it again.

I haven't seen that behaviour on "getting download info", it seems to happen on the actual download usually with seconds left and the pause/unpause allows it to continue.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Jeppeboy1 said:

I can't download the beta. Installation gets stuck during "getting download info". Can someone please help? I'm sick of playing this half-finished game. The bug in which I lost my weapon proficiencies dueto having cast a luck spell is just too much. Help me quickly or I will not buy BG II EE.

That's what happened to me when I ran the beta installer before receiving beta access. If you only recently applied for the beta, you have to wait for the next round of permissions to be granted.
  • xVxxVx Member Posts: 17
    I want it so BAD!
    Yeah we are waiting like ...................... foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! But then again also the dev so we are in a good place, I think ?!?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @Dee‌ I've got a game-breaker (if not a game breaker at least a multiplayer crasher) bug here, every single time I join @Tresset‌'s session via Beamdog.net in the latest beta, my game crashes. Here the crash log. Note: I am using OSX and trying to join a Win hosting server.
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    Hush! Quiet you... let them release this patch in peace!
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited August 2014
    Freche said:

Hush! Quiet you... let them release this patch in peace!

Breaking the game for another 8 months? Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
    Don't be so depressed I'm sure the situation isn't that dire ;)
    kaguana said:

I hope not. As a reference, from February to October 2013, before patch 1.2 came out, thanks to update 1.0.2014 the game was brimming with really obvious and distracting glitches. Playing it in that state sometimes felt like a chore. I sincerely hope Beamdog have learned from their mistakes and if something goes wrong in this patch, they will hotfix the bugs without another 8-months-long wait.
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    edited August 2014
    This already took 8 months?! Wow. Did not know that. I played the game a year ago and am currently in the mood for another run. I feel bad for you guys, who came back earlier, or stuck around.
  • EffinyEffiny Member Posts: 378
    Vnavekul said:

I feel bad for you guys, who came back earlier, or stuck around.

Thank you.

I don't feel like I'm stuck here :O it a nice place to be all tho the waiting can kill sometimes cos it seem like foreverrrrrrr but all can we do is wait so why not enjoy the ride ;)
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I'm not stuck here. There's a whole bunch of other stuff to do in the Internet, other games to play on my computer. It's not the end of the world that a single patch of one game I like is delayed.
  • VnavekulVnavekul Member Posts: 181
    edited August 2014
    Sticking around is more like lingering. Not being stuck. :P
    Vnavekul said:

Hello, @Vnavekul. Come wait with us. Come wait with us, @Vnavekul! Forever and ever and ever.

*cut to footage of BG fans lying in a pool of their own blood, presumably slain by boredom*
    Adul said:

Vnavekul said:

Hello, @Vnavekul. Come wait with us. Come wait with us, @Vnavekul! Forever and ever and ever.

*cut to footage of BG fans lying in a pool of their own blood, presumably slain by boredom*
    From the sound of it "we are all doom" lol don't be Xan he is soooooooo depressing, have faith from the sound of thing the patch will be release next week I hope, faith precede miracle!!! ;)

@Vnavekul you are welcome to wait with us as Adul said ;)
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Adul said:

Forever and ever and ever

I wonder if the patch will be ready when the old gods return.

I also wonder how many will get what I'm talking about :)
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192
    I almost get it.
    kaguana said:

From the sound of it "we are all doom" lol don't be Xan he is soooooooo depressing

Don't worry, I'm not actually that negative. I was just trying to spoof an old classic. :)

Although today I have spent a considerable amount of time chanting "esaeler", whatever that means.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Adul said:

I was just trying to spoof an old classic. :)

Although today I have spent a considerable amount of time chanting "esaeler", whatever that means.

@Adul, I thought you were quoting an other old classic, i.e. a song by Blue Öyster Cult, titled "The Old Gods Return" and based on Lovecraft in which they keep singing "forever and ever and ever" in a loop.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Adul said:

kaguana said:

I hope not. As a reference, from February to October 2013, before patch 1.2 came out, thanks to update 1.0.2014 the game was brimming with really obvious and distracting glitches. Playing it in that state sometimes felt like a chore. I sincerely hope Beamdog have learned from their mistakes and if something goes wrong in this patch, they will hotfix the bugs without another 8-months-long wait.
    So a bug fix can come out and actually CAUSE bugs?
    That's just weird. It doesn't make sense to me, then again, I know nothing of game design