Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

1383940414244»

Comments

• griever0483griever0483 Member Posts: 129
    If I select the third font size I view less or more the same font dimensions in the dialogue window of 1.2 but the journal fonts are much bigger than before
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    The dialogue window and the journal screen use different fonts, so they're going to have slightly different sizing.

The second font size (not the third) is the one that matches 1.2's sizing; so if you want to see that size text, use the second option.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    I must say, I really like what the latest beta update(s) did for the text size choices.

Previously, I could never find a suitable text size - one selection would make the window text too small, but then the next size would make everything disconcertingly big. It was so frustrating that I had already made up my mind that I wouldn't bother downloading version 1.3 once it was released. But after seeing the latest update(s), I'm suddenly very exited about this patch.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Dee The different between the two font are kinda big I'll say, if I use the second choice the journal font is the right size but the screen is a bit tiny and if I use the third choice the journal font is very big and the screen font is just right, there isn't any way to balance this options ?
    Not really; the font size uses a percentage to modify the size for each font; so if the dialogue's default size is, say, 10pt, and the journal's default size is, say, 14pt, then a 15% increase is going to mean a bigger difference for the journal than for dialogue.

You can tweak it in the ini file, though; there are some levels where the differences aren't as noticeable. But in terms of making it easier for the user, they have to be unified.
  • ZoGarthZoGarth Member Posts: 47
    Just wondering how & where do you update the droid version
    @ZoGarth‌ If you want to sign up for the Android beta, just join the Google+ Beta community here: https://plus.google.com/communities/116557488543064282725

Once you've joined, open this link: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhancededition

That will give you beta access for your copy of the game (Note that you still do have to own the game, but that will let you download the beta updates as they're made available).
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited August 2014
    Oh this patch is so sweet... Nice smooth play today. Really enjoying it. The loot bar makes it so less tedious after battles... Fonts appear to be fine my end. On screen information such as names and hp now shrinks if there is not enough room. But f there is enough room elsewhere on the screen it stays at selected size. Nice.

EDIT: Wonders aloud if okay to show a pic...
    Anduin said:

EDIT: Wonders aloud if okay to show a pic...

Please do!
    Dee said:

Not really; the font size uses a percentage to modify the size for each font; so if the dialogue's default size is, say, 10pt, and the journal's default size is, say, 14pt, then a 15% increase is going to mean a bigger difference for the journal than for dialogue.

You can tweak it in the ini file, though; there are some levels where the differences aren't as noticeable. But in terms of making it easier for the user, they have to be unified.

But why the different is so big between the two fonts? or why in the first place not to use one kind of font?
    I think to ask for a bar of choosing from few kind of fonts, I really like the one in bg2, I do hope you didn't change that font.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Is there any estimate on how much more testing is intended before the official patch is released?
  • codybrown913codybrown913 Member Posts: 7
    Does this patch allow kit mods for original baldurs gate 2 to work now?

Does this patch allow kit mods for original baldurs gate 2 to work now?

Yes, it should. Any fixes to the game's engine in BGII:EE as of 1.2.2030 will also be in BG:EE as of 1.3.2053.

Is there any estimate on how much more testing is intended before the official patch is released?

Not very much at all, now.
    @Franpa that a pity :( and indeed games need more options nowdays.
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    Im scared to ask this for fear of flaming and general stiring of the pot but I suppose this form is about as civil as internet game fourms go sooooooo... what is the large concern over fonts. Arent we all playing in the realitively same screen resolution or is this more an issue of enlarging the font for.... personal preference... and then it doesnt line up corretly? Is it a few people trying to do something... unique...? I havent messed with the fonts on either android or windows so im in the dark.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Cr4zyJ said:

Arent we all playing in the realitively same screen resolution

No, people on iPad, for example, play at 1024x768, if I'm not mistaken, people on PC can play at any resolution, even very large ones like 1920x1080. I have no idea at which resolution the game is played on phones.

My current monitor has a native resolution of 1600x900, but I wish I still had my old cathode ray tube monitor, instead of an LCD, just to be able to play the original game at 800x600 :)
    Erg said:

Cr4zyJ said:

Arent we all playing in the realitively same screen resolution

No, people on iPad, for example, play at 1024x768, if I'm not mistaken, people on PC can play at any resolution, even very large ones like 1920x1080. I have no idea at which resolution the game is played on phones.

My current monitor has a native resolution of 1600x900, but I wish I still had my old cathode ray tube monitor, instead of an LCD, just to be able to play the original game at 800x600 :)
    Phones feature just as wide a resolution spectrum, their screens are just smaller. My monitor is 1600x900 as well, although most of the time I play in windowed mode, personally.
    edited August 2014
    I guess I didnt understand because I played on the galaxy s3 (720p), galaxy s4 and computer/laptop (1080p) and nexus 7 (above 1080p) and didnt have an issue... but I also didnt change the font size on either platform
    edited August 2014
    Erg said:

We in the old school gaming comminity would call this a "fully immersive" gaming experience. Occulous rift support is obviously overrated. ;)

I say that in jest but the truth is we got lost in these game's world more than many of these games we play today even if the orignal bg1 had pixels the size of geo metros and an interface and display that... well... lets just say bg2 was a big step up.
    Post edited by Cr4zyJ on
  • variattvariatt Member Posts: 5
    Dee said:

Not very much at all, now.
    But do we still have to wait a few months for 500 confirmations from beta testers?
    No we don't need to wait for the 500 confirmations, we are waiting for the hunt bug fix to end.

@Dee maybe you should update the OP about it so people won't need to ask about it.
  • CluasCluas Member Posts: 355
    I'm playing v.1.3 now???