Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

When do you think it's best to assume this Mod will be released? And will it be released for BG2:EE as well as BG:EE?

Wrong thread perhaps?
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Sorry, PATCH. But no, it wasn't the wrong thread.

Sorry, PATCH. But no, it wasn't the wrong thread.

In that case. This patch will be released soon for BGEE. There are only a handful of issues left to deal with.

BG2EE on the other hand is going to take longer. Not sure how much longer either.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited July 2014
    Its best not to assume. Go ahead and play 1.2, or sign up for the beta and play and report bugs.

You can have a perfectly acceptable play experience with the current state of the beta, and help out as well.

However, if you look at the bottom of the moderator's 1st post for this thread, there is a counter that shows xxx approvals by beta testers, out of a target of 500. When the approval # reaches 500, they plan to release.
    Note however that the approval counter is subject to reset, if anyone hacks the counter, or if they find a truly deep glitch. (You can also see the date of the last reset - in June - in the same location.)
  • variattvariatt Member Posts: 5
    Well, judging by how fast the counter changes, that is about three confirmations per day, BGEEv1.3 will arrive at the end of the year.
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    edited July 2014
    variatt said:

Well, judging by how fast the counter changes, that is about three confirmations per day, BGEEv1.3 will arrive at the end of the year.

Actually it looks more like about 5 per day since the counter reset. So there are only 70 days left. Of course, it's still hard to guess, how often these counter resets happen.
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    I've been having a problem with my games in both BG:EE and BGII:EE, ever since I started playing them.

Observed Behavior: When I right-click a spell in the quickmenu, a description of the spell in the spellbook pops up only SOME of the time, and seemingly at random.

Expected Behavior: When I right-click a spell in the quickmenu, a description of the spell in the spellbook should pop up EVERY time.

I'm not sure if this was intended, but it definitely doesn't feel like it. Any information or explanation on this anomaly?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Spoon. There will be a hatch.

Will a timer be set on the last 24hrs before the patch is released?

I think the servers need to be tested again :)
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    I think once 1.3 is released i'll miss checking whether 1.3 has been released while i was sleeping.
    developing a strange form of stockholm syndrome now, please never ever release me ... err... the patch, the patch.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447

I've been having a problem with my games in both BG:EE and BGII:EE, ever since I started playing them.

Observed Behavior: When I right-click a spell in the quickmenu, a description of the spell in the spellbook pops up only SOME of the time, and seemingly at random.

Expected Behavior: When I right-click a spell in the quickmenu, a description of the spell in the spellbook should pop up EVERY time.

I'm not sure if this was intended, but it definitely doesn't feel like it. Any information or explanation on this anomaly?

Might need a bit more information than that; which quick-menu are you looking at, and which spells are you right-clicking? If it's what I think it is, that should be fixed by this patch.
    Dee said:

Might need a bit more information than that; which quick-menu are you looking at, and which spells are you right-clicking? If it's what I think it is, that should be fixed by this patch.
    I didn't know what else to call it, but I'm referring to the bar on the bottom of the screen where you can click the crescent moon and stars icon to open up a menu of unused, memorized spells represented by their icons. From there, if I right-click one of the icons, it should (I think) open up the detailed page explaining what the spell is and what it does. Most of the time, however, when I click it, it's seldom that this page opens up. I find that it's less likely to open up when the game is paused, and/or when the party member is casting, or when another party member is casting.
    Could you give an example of a spell that you've seen this behaviour with?
    elminster said:

Could you give an example of a spell that you've seen this behaviour with?

To be honest? Dozens. Almost every single one, and I don't think there is a single one I haven't had a problem with.

If it helps at all, I'm playing the games through Steam, and they're the downloaded copies I bought off the Steam website.
    It would be most helpful if you can give one specific example, preferably with a saved game to test. Saying "Sometimes none of this works" isn't really enough to go on when we're fixing things.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    I know that there's a bug with clicking in the description will also make clicks in the mage/priest spellbook/scroll, adding and/or removing memorized spells from/to the character.
    edited July 2014
    Dee said:

It would be most helpful if you can give one specific example, preferably with a saved game to test. Saying "Sometimes none of this works" isn't really enough to go on when we're fixing things.

I understand. Well, hopefully you'll be able to help me with this, or replicate the results so it can be patched. Just use my saved game and try to right-click on any of the spells for Aerie. At least for me, it none of the spell description pages came up.

This is the quickmenu I'm talking about.

EDIT: The image isn't being embedded for some reason, at least not for me. Here is the link to the image: http://i.imgur.com/4AZLRX7.jpg

Also, this saved game file is for Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition.
    @Nokkenbuer‌ Does this only affect Aerie? If it does, that's a known issue (and will be fixed by this patch). It has to do with the way the Cleric/Mage spell lists are displayed in that quick-menu, not the spells themselves.
  • dreamriderdreamrider Member Posts: 417
    edited July 2014
    When selling gems of which I process multiple examples, in the Nashkel store I am only given a price for the entire lot of the same type gem.

I cannot bring up the interface to select a smaller number to sell.
    Post edited by dreamrider on
    We may be able to do something about that, but since it's been that way since release we may need to wait until after this patch is released to work on it. Go ahead and make a bug report in the Bugs forum and we'll make sure it gets added to the list, if it isn't there already.
  • DeathOfNamesDeathOfNames Member Posts: 40
    To be honest, I rather like this. Selling stacks from containers though... now that can be painful. It would be awesome if "select all" was default when selling from containers.
  • M7700BM7700B Member Posts: 7
    Could anyone confirm how many bugs to knockdown from now?
    Dee said:

@Nokkenbuer‌ Does this only affect Aerie? If it does, that's a known issue (and will be fixed by this patch). It has to do with the way the Cleric/Mage spell lists are displayed in that quick-menu, not the spells themselves.

I thought I remember it happening on Jaheira and Neera, but thus far I haven't been able to replicate it. Only on Aerie have I been able to replicate this at-will. Thanks for the information and it's good to know it'll be fixed in the next patch.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited July 2014
    Wooo good news so maybe the patch will be release this week ;) if we are lucky.
    Post edited by kaguana on
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    shawne said:

quite a bash but hilarious! lol
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    kaguana said:

Wooo good news so maybe the patch will be release this week ;) if we are lucky.

This century*