Skip to content

The Road to v1.3 (BG:EE), Phase IV

Comments

• MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 94
    How could there possibly be any problems after all this testing? ;)

(joking, kinda)

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited August 2014
    If we are in luck we will get the patch next week As Trent Oster saying they are testing that also what @Dee told us, but Trent also talk about BG2EE
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    Good to hear that the BG2EE 1.3 patch might arrive sooner than expected. It still utterly BAFFLES me that BG1EE 1.3 was prioritised in the first place though...
  • AdulAdul Member Posts: 2,002
    edited August 2014
    Good to hear they're making good progress on BG2. I'm hoping that we'll see a BG2 beta soon after the BG:EE 1.3 release.
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    kaguana said:

If we are in luck we will get the patch next week As Trent Oster saying they are testing that also what @Dee told us, but Trent also talk about BG2EE

Trent's mixed his versions a bit. That should read "Today's bug report on *BG* is 282 bugs closed 3 bugs open. 1.3 BG is in testing, BGII 1.3 is in active fixing".

I'd mention numbers for the BGII 1.3 patch, but I'll leave that to @Dee.
  • ZaramMaldovarZaramMaldovar Member Posts: 2,309
    Dee said:

BGII:EE is at 361 closed and 26 open, at last count. But it's still early to say how close we are to being done there; most of our testing efforts have been focused on BG:EE so far.

BG:EE is in pretty good shape; 283 closed bugs and only one open bug, which is currently being tested.

Good to know, it sounds like both Patches are coming in sooner than we may think, but I'm not going to hold too much optimism for the BG2 Patch.

Just make sure to fix the Leaving the Underdark bug, it's very annoying
    I hope that we will get the BG1EE patch next week.
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    Lol
  • MusaabMusaab Member Posts: 94
    I'm shocked and stunned that I was wrong about the patch coming out yesterday. My whole worldview has been shattered.
  • OtakuOtaku Member Posts: 42
    Musaab said:

I'm shocked and stunned that I was wrong about the patch coming out yesterday. My whole worldview has been shattered.

Hope dies last.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    Otaku said:

Musaab said:

Hope dies last.
    My hope is pretty dead
  • ChowChow Member Posts: 1,192

My hope is pretty dead

Then the rest of you is even more dead, vampire.

Go back to your grave. Go on, git. Shoo.
  • dreamtravelerdreamtraveler Member Posts: 377
    Chow said:

My hope is pretty dead

Then the rest of you is even more dead, vampire.

Go back to your grave. Go on, git. Shoo.
    dreamtraveler casts optimism drain
    Muahahaha :p
  • LeonLeon Member Posts: 83
    optimisim drain is cast after timestop and "blur". They have charmed you all just like they did to Korax and we all know what happened to him.
    They specialize in illusion magic- we dont know what is real, and if reality even exists.
    I know dis is true i swear! Galileus told when i visited the temple for answers, yet all i recieved is more questions... like is the patch ready yet??..
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Leon said:

Korax and we all know what happened to him.

... he wandered off-screen into the fog of war in a zone that was never visited again?
    Leon said:

optimisim drain is cast after timestop and "blur". They have charmed you all just like they did to Korax and we all know what happened to him.

Depending on how you played, he either turned on you, or died valiantly facing a horde of basilisks. I myself usually avoid that map.

Does anyone know why I've given well over 50 comments but I don't have the 50 comments badge? Does the Forum have bugs too?
    Forum badges list there is no 50 comments badge
    @DJ_Sweatz_2013 Thank you, cos now I got the 25 insightful badge ;)

So back to topic bgee patch on Monday or Tuesday maybe ??? hammm that will be nice
    edited August 2014
    @Jace I'm not a huge fan of that "fix" either, all it really does is messes with the difficulty balance of the game, when that really didn't need to be tampered with. @Dee Have proper precautions been taken not to overpower or nerf certain mobs too much with that new feature?

Nevermind, I misunderstood what that feature actually did.
    Post edited by Adul on
  • JaceJace Member Posts: 193
    edited August 2014
    I would welcome such a "fix" even if it increased the damage a little, as NPCs should be entitled to their proficiencies, but there seem to be quite a few outliers that leaves me scratching my head.

Delgod and Alexander, the two archers that accompany Sendai in an area east of Nashkel are level 6 fighters but somehow grabbed 5 pips in bows? I hope you like getting peppered for potentially 8+ damage per second at low levels.

Zal, the fastest dart thrower in the realms is so awesome that he can achieve 5 pips in missile weapons while still a level 6 fighter? I guess he has to live to his hype.

Bassilus bends the rules by boasting 3 pips in blunt weapons as a pure cleric? You'll learn to like it!
    I agree with Jace for the most part, it seems like it really only makes fights a little more challenging. Us Veteran Players need that challenge and relish that challenge.
    Added challenge is what mods are for. The Enhanced Edition should not change game balance in areas that were in the vanilla game.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2014
    Plus, it doesn't sound like these are minor changes, npcs suddenly having grand mastery that they can't actually legally have sounds like a fairly major spike in difficulty. People new to the game often find it difficult enough already without the enemy having huge bonuses.

There are already plenty of mods around that can increase the challenge for those that want it.

Edit: Fair enough then, if those proficiencies were actually in the original game that's totally fine :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yeah, it's definitely a bug fix, but because the fix has a dramatic effect on gameplay it needs to be called out separately so that people are aware of it. You'll notice enemies being generally more powerful, if they're supposed to be--but on the other hand, enemies that might have been equipped with weapons they weren't proficient in will now be taking penalties for not being proficient, so those enemies will be less formidable. Definitely equip yourself for the challenge, but if you didn't have trouble in vanilla you won't have any trouble now either.