Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaGreyWarden/ChampionofKirkwall/Inquisitor

Comments

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    confession: i tried, to my dissapointment, to send my dog forward to battle loghain in single combat

confession: i really wish we could have a dog in Inquisition, even though I barely used it due to the lack of dialogue in Origins

confession: i need to take a break from Inquisition for now because I have exams coming and because I am looking forward to The Crew. will have to juggle the two because I have a hard time returning to RPGs after extended absense

confession: my latest saves are over 100 hours, and I just now beat what is essentially act 2 and have 3 open areas still. yeah, I really want to make sure I maintain interest in my current playthrough

confession: although I can destroy pretty much all of the fire dragons, I am still having trouble on shock dragons of lower level than me. they do crazy damage if you don't manage to pay attention to everyone
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Confession: the next Warden of mine that's doing the Landsmeet quest, will try to achieve just what Loghain is afraid of: Alistair on the throne as a weak-willed king without Anora, so my Grey Warden will be the power behind the throne and it's the Grey Wardens who have most influence in Ferelden politics.

Make sure you are also romancing Imoen... I mean Leliana, the Orlesian spy to really make Loghain wet his pants.

• aerefrygtaerefrygt Member Posts: 16
    Confession: I decided to play DA:O again, I always play mages in games but I think DA:O robes look ugly so I'm making a rogue archer instead
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    aerefrygt said:

Confession: I decided to play DA:O again, I always play mages in games but I think DA:O robes look ugly so I'm making a rogue archer instead

You can always go for arcane warrior. :)
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Confession: Whenever I play a mage, they always use the Arcane Warrior specialization,

Confession: I don't like the Shapeshifting Specialization, and I think it's useless most of the time.
    @SapphireIce101 I second that. Although I did find the insect-swarm-shape somewhat useful to cover large already-explored areas quickly. It's pretty fast.

Confession: My current Inquisitor is the first time I start any playthrough of any RPG with a female. (I should say girl... she does look pretty young.)
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    deltago said:

Confession: the next Warden of mine that's doing the Landsmeet quest, will try to achieve just what Loghain is afraid of: Alistair on the throne as a weak-willed king without Anora, so my Grey Warden will be the power behind the throne and it's the Grey Wardens who have most influence in Ferelden politics.

Make sure you are also romancing Imoen... I mean Leliana, the Orlesian spy to really make Loghain wet his pants.

That's not an option, he's gay and romancing Zevran. Furthermore, Leli walked out on my Warden after he spoiled the ashes!

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Sjerrie said:

aerefrygt said:

You can always go for arcane warrior. :)
    Confession: All of my Arcane Warrior mages still wear robes, even though they can wear armour and still they can tank pretty well.

edited December 2014
    Confession: I had to restart with my dwarf girl because the Keep hadn't synced properly. I couldn't get her face like I had before and now after a few areas it still bugs me a little.

Confession: I wish Varric was romancable, but I'm going to settle with Iron Bull. Flirting with everyone along the way though.
  • MhamzaMhamza Member Posts: 228
    Confession: I've never recruited Merril

Confession: I always spared Loghain.

Confession: I always supported Harrowmont. He's not the best choice but I just can't stand Bhelen.
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @ChildofBhaal599‌ @badbromance‌
    You guys should really give Inquisition a shot. It's much more like DA:O, except even better when it comes to exploration. It's probably the best RPG of the last decade, EE's included.

Anyway, Confession: I don't think mages should be entirely free.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    Hey @Schneidend‌ I have played roughly 50 hours and loving it.

My main problem is that I can't decide on what class to play or what companions to bring.

I think im settled on a DW rogue to side with the mages and likely pick up artificer and I will just use the rift focus ability.

I played a female dwarf warrior for 25 hours and loved it but I fucked up perks so I will restart that afterwards.

• ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    edited December 2014

@ChildofBhaal599‌ @badbromance‌
    You guys should really give Inquisition a shot. It's much more like DA:O, except even better when it comes to exploration. It's probably the best RPG of the last decade, EE's included.

Anyway, Confession: I don't think mages should be entirely free.

um... why would you say I need to give inquisition a shot when my last post here said I was taking a break from it for exams and The Crew? i think if I am taking a break from a game that means I am playing it... also I've had a lot of posts in the Inquisition thread and have stated there that I beat the game. I did enjoy it, and I'll play it again when I have had a break from this 100+ hour journey so I am not burnt out in the middle of my next playthrough. I will absolutely dispute it being the best RPG of all time or the decade though. It is a good game, but not THAT good if you ask me.

anyway...

confession: I made Lelianna the new divine. This choice was influenced by me being in a romance with Cassandra, who made it clear that a relationship wouldn't work if we were together and she is divine.

confession: I've heard some people call him annoying, but Solas was my favorite new main character. I tend to most enjoy familiar faces, but he is my favorite if I take away people like Lelianna, Varric, Cassandra, etc.
    Post edited by ChildofBhaal599 on
    Confession: I have never saved everyone in Redcliffe village. Till now :smiley:
  • supposedlysupposedly Member Posts: 206
    Confession: I bought the DLC
    Confession: ever since I first played Dragon Age I found the role-reversal of Elves, as either 2nd-class citizens or 'near-barbarian', interesting and refreshing.

Confession: nevertheless in all but one of my playthroughs thusfar I was very much an Elf-sympathizer.
    Confession: when I play a dalish, I get annoyed at having to solve everyone else's political problems.
  • badbromancebadbromance Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2014
    Confession: just now - 10 hours into my dw playthrough for DA:I - realising I have to equip individual daggers...
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    @badbromance‌ @ChildofBhaal599‌
    My bad, guys. This is what I get for not reading the whole thread!
    Confession: during the holidays I'll probably spend a lot of time with Cass, Varric and/or Iron Bull.
    Confession: Since the patch and the hotfix, DA: I doesn't play as badly anymore. Aka, I don't have to turn down the resolution to like 25% just to get it to function okay.

Confession: I keep restarting my archer, I couldn't say why though.
    Confession: I am a victim of the "present for Bianca"-bug, and it is challenging my completionism in a not-so-fun way. Way worse than that one time I forgot to kill Kangaxx.
    Confession: Now I have my dad playing Inquisition on my mom's laptop, without having him play DA:O or 2.
    Confession: Just got Inquisition for xmas and is tempted to play it before finishing replaying 2 and Origins.
    Confession: I added Scout Harding to my list of gaming crushes.
    Confession: I clicked Dog (named Dwarven Ale) instead of Wynne for the Climax battles by accident. I have no healing pots (I can make lesser only) and my main healer is now guarding the gates. I had to select group heal on level up for Morrigan. This is gonna be fun.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Confession: I don't believe I'll ever be as clever at naming dogs as Alistair.
    Elrandir said:

What does Alistair want to name the dog?
    Confession: some of my Dog's names are Spot, Diesel, and Bacon. Bacon is still my favorite.

Confession addendum: Diesel is also mine/my parents' dog's name. He's a 15-year-old wire-haired dachshund...
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    deltago said:

Elrandir said:

What does Alistair want to name the dog?
    @deltago‌ In the Darkspawn Chronicles (where you play as the Darkspawn) your player character never exists and Alistair is the protagonist. He names the dog Barkspawn.