Skip to content

#ConfessionsofaGreyWarden/ChampionofKirkwall/Inquisitor

Comments

•  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    Confession: I liked DA2 *crickets chirping*

Confession: Cole is my favorite DA companion.

Confession: I can never bring myself to
    Kill Anders in DA2
    SmilingSwordSjerrie[Deleted User]
  • SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Confession: In DA2, the first character I romanced was Anders, when I was totally trying to go for Fenris.

Confession: I hate how romances work in DA2, there is no nice way to turn any of the characters down, and it makes Hawke look like an asshole.

Confession: I feel like blaming mostly Fiona and Anders when it comes to the Mage/Templar War.
    SjerrieSmilingSword
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664

Confession: I hate how romances work in DA2, there is no nice way to turn any of the characters down, and it makes Hawke look like an asshole.

Isn't him being a right ar*e the best part of playing DA2?
    SjerrieSmilingSword
    If you're playing as sarcastic, or angry Hawke, yeah, but I don't think a diplomatic Hawke would be a butthole in that kind of situation. Heh.
    Sjerrie
    Sarcastic Hawke is best Hawke.
    SmilingSword
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234

Confession: I can never bring myself to

Kill Anders in DA2
    Confession: As of yet, I have not
    let Anders live in *any* playthrough. Yet. I'm planning a playthrough where I romance him, so he'll probably survive that one.

Confession: While I waited quite a while before I got DAI's Jaws of Hakkon, I got Descent immediately. As in, just now.

Confession: While downloading Descent I noticed the amount of time played for Inquisition... 497 hours... heh...

Confession: It kinda broke my heart, Anders being such a d*ck in DA2.

Confession addendum: I *do* think Posessed Anders is quite a poetic example of how man (i.e. Anders) can corrupt an otherwise noble idea (i.e. Justice).
    deltagoSmilingSwordNimran
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Confession: I have stopped my most recent playthrough of DAI because I can't get the multiple romance mod to work.

Confession: I want to punch Vivienne in the face all the time.

Confession: I want to punch Sera in the face most of the time.

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Confession: Playing a womanizing noble warden in Origins is fun. Sleep with everyone! (And people think DA2 is sleazy)

Confession: In all my play throughs but one (just to see thr other outcome) I always side with Branka even though it is the less ethical thing to do. Maybe the warden is naive and thinks only volunteers and criminals will be made stone and join the black watch... I mean Legion of the Dead.
    SjerrieSmilingSword
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    edited August 2015
    Confession: I do not like the DA:I mage spell selection. I think it's worse than in DA2, which was also worse than in DA:O.
    SjerrieSmilingSword
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Confession: I've restarted Origins runs before because I wasn't satisfied with what I named Dog. I think I finally settled on "Rufie", after Albert's "dog" from BG. I've also tried "Bari" (from "Mabari"), and Satan, after a black german shepherd I had as a kid. Nothing ever quite sticks.

I don't think the devs realized what they were doing to people with restartitis when they let you have a one-shot chance to name that dog, without it being changeable later. ;)

I love that dog so much, I always want him with me, to the point where I have to agonize over which party member *not* to take so I can make room for him. I think I like him even better than Alistair.
    Sjerrie[Deleted User]deltagoJuliusBorisov
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisov
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    edited January 2016
    My dog names are influenced by Baldur's Gate as well. My most-used name for the dog is Baldr and I had a Rufie as well.

My most favourite dog name comes from my most favourite band De Kift though: Rolfie.

And now I'm confusing myself as much as I do you: did I use Baldr or Rolfie more often? I wouldn't know without putting back all old saves in the game folder, loading the game and do a count.
    @BelgarathMTH one of the best mods I installed for DA:O was a mod that made Barkspawn (I usually refer to him by the name Alistair gives him in the Darkspawn Chronicles DLC) a permanent summon, so that if you have more than three party members, you get Barkspawn as a free fifth member. It's moderately overpowered, but I always justified it by letting the computer auto-level him.
    BelgarathMTHSjerrieJuliusBorisov
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited January 2016
    @Shandyr , The only reason I don't have both dogs and cats in real life is because of my lifestyle as compared to their natures. Dogs are much needier than cats. I like to sit around in my home all day, which is just fine by my cats; they sit around with me and seem perfectly content to do so. Dogs need constant exercise and attention.

Dogs freak out every time I leave the house. My cats couldn't care less.

And, there's the deciding issue of using the bathroom. My cats use mine - which has a litter box in the corner. Dogs have to be taken outside several times a day, in rain, sleet, snow, or dark of night. There's the constant worry of "accidents" in the house, especially if you have to be away for long hours, or if you're too sick to do walkies, or if you oversleep.

And there's barking, (which disturbs both neighbors and me), and worry about licenses and leashes and potential bites.

So, cats are perfect for me in real life. While I love canines, including both dogs and wolves, I can have one or a pack of them that suits my lifestyle only in fantasy RPGs. Also, I wouldn't trust a powerful canine alone with my felines.

Canines and felines raised together from puppies and kittens can be fine together, but an adult feline introduced to and forced to live with an adult canine or even puppy will always be under high stress in the home, even if it learns to grudgingly get along and survive with the dog.

@Elrandir , I've used that mod before. It was definitely overpowered, and I didn't like how it was letting me steamroll a game that already has a problem with combat difficulty on the highest setting being far too easy. I also used the mod that makes Dog look like a black wolf, when I named him Satan after my childhood black German shepherd. The modded character sprite made him look just like my real life childhood animal companion.

That black, wolfish dog would have given its life to protect 6-12 year old me. It was so smart that when I went out to play without it, my mother could let it out the door, command "Go find Todd, Satan, find Todd!", and it would run out and find me two or more blocks away and start nudging me towards home as though I were a straying puppy in its pack. Once it even jumped up and attacked my grandfather, whose smell was unfamiliar and who was moving towards me to hug me - the dog saw it as an attack on the puppy (me).

Interestingly, when this wolfish dog became uncontrollable and unsuitable for a suburban neighborhood, it moved to my grandparents' farm, and it eventually accepted my grandpa as its alpha. Nanny and Pa always had trouble with it, though, even though they came to love it as I did, because it would attack any other dog or cat that stepped foot on the property and kill it on sight. It knew *exactly* where my grandparents' property lines were, too. Eventually, when it died suddenly with symptoms of poisoning, we thought an angry neighbor might have done it, though there was no proof. At least he had a long, hopefully happy and content life before that.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]Elrandir
    Confession: I have yet to beat Dragon Age: Inqusition. This seems to be a problem with a lot of Open World games that I play. I can't seem to beat KoA or Skyrim either. Too much things to do so little time to do them.

Confession: I remade my Inquis!Archer, because I forgot what happened before the point she reached.

Confession: I don't usually have an issue naming Dog in Origins. Its usually named Keyaku. Unless I suddenly decide to make a character named Keyaku. Then, it'll probably be named Soren.

Confession: Now I want to make a human mage named Keyaku. Crap.

Confession: I usually name characters after some of my Roleplay characters.
    BelgarathMTHJuliusBorisovSjerrie
    All pets in all games I name Pookie, unless they are of the porcine persuasion in which case they are instantly named Scrumpy the Deathdealer or just Scrumpy if the Deathdealer part can't fit. Scrumpy the Deathdealer, Destroyer of worlds, Bringer of Pain, Eater of Raisins and Master of the Angry Dance, was what I named my pet micro pig, though we usually just ended calling him Scrumpy or Scrumposaurus Rex or the Scrumpanator or more often than not just little dude. I miss that pig.
    JuliusBorisovElrandir
    little dude - isn't that belittleing to the Deathdealer, Destroyer of Worlds?
    JuliusBorisov
    Confession: I am now contemplating calling my next mabari Oppenheimer. Or Xzar.
    Sjerrie said:

Confession: I am now contemplating calling my next mabari Oppenheimer. Or Xzar.

Or Shiva.
    BelgarathMTHSjerrieJuliusBorisov
    Confession: I hate harlequins...
    Meet Shiva:

Confession: in my new Origins playthrough, one of my missions is to get Alistair to -100 approval.

Confession: I also plan on killing off both Leliana and Wynn for the first time.
    deltagoSmilingSwordJuliusBorisov
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    You should try a kill everyone run:

Kill Dog and Sten in their cages
    Kill Leliana by poisoning the ashes
    Kill Wynne in the Circle of Magi
    Kill Shale by siding with Branka
    Kill Oghren by getting is Approval Low
    Kill Zevran when you meet him
    Behead Alistar during the lands meet
    Let Logain take the finishing blow on the arch demon.
    Kill (or atleast attempt) to kill Morrigan in stabbing her in Witch Hunt.
    ElrandirJuliusBorisovSjerrie
    @deltago Intriguing idea...
    Sjerrie
  • ArtonaArtona Member Posts: 1,077
    Confession: I never finished Inquisition, because it's too damn long. I have savefile with 110 hours of gameplay and maybe I'll return to it once.
    Confession: I have all the Inquisition DLC and haven't played any of them. I really want to but other games keep on happening.

Confession: I have never finished any Dragon Age game as anything other than a Rogue. I have finished both Origins and DA 2 multiple times and finished Inquisition once. I have played Warriors and Mages but those playthroughs never get very far.
    Sjerrie
    edited May 2016
    Confession: My "main canon" for all three games are all dual-wielder rogues.

Confession: I have not yet played an archer in any of the games. My next DA2 will be one.

Confession: @deltago, I didn't know you could kill Oghren... :open_mouth:
    SmilingSword
    Confession: I only own DA:Origins (and accompanying DLC) because DA2 and DA:Inquisition aren't on Steam...
    Confession: just spent a hour trying to make my new Qunari look like the Arishok from DA2, failed, gave up and went back to playing a Elf.

DAI Qunari just look like tall humans with horns randomly stuck on their heads, the horns don't form to the shape of the skull at all. Qunari sclera are supposed to be black like Gambit but no now they are boring and white, he didn't have claws and thy character model had ridiculously big feet. All in all what a waste of time and huge disappointment.

Sjerrie

Confession: just spent a hour trying to make my new Qunari look like the Arishok from DA2, failed, gave up and went back to playing a Elf.

DAI Qunari just look like tall humans with horns randomly stuck on their heads, the horns don't form to the shape of the skull at all. Qunari sclera are supposed to be black like Gambit but no now they are boring and white, he didn't have claws and thy character model had ridiculously big feet. All in all what a waste of time and huge disappointment.

DA2 did a lot of things differently from DAO, best not to get into that rabbit hole. But yeah, I was also a bit dissapointed at DAI Qunari Charnames inquisitors, mainly because of skintones and a little because of voice options. There's only one skintone that seems to fit, imho, I think it's the last one on the slider (it's been a while since I rolled my current one).