Skip to content

New Expansion Pack [Baldur's Gate Path of the Lost Odyssey]

124»

Comments

• WithinAmnesiaWithinAmnesia Member Posts: 958
    edited May 2015
    *'Lazy' progress update Image dump:* image
    ^(Work in Progress) (11:31 AM 20/05/2015)
    edited May 2015
    ^This is the same house as in the above image, but now it is in a Baldur's Gate-esk Isometric Parallel Projection Camera Perspective. *(Updated Upon 8:57 PM 21/05/2015)* [It desperately needs new textures..]
    edited October 2015
  • MiridorMiridor Member Posts: 90
    New items and such are great'n'all but I'm really looking forward to seeing new areas, quests, encounters, easter eggs, hidden secrets, subtle references to canon FR lore... MORE! NEW! STUFF! :-)
    edited December 2015
    Miridor said:

New items and such are great'n'all but I'm really looking forward to seeing new areas, quests, encounters, easter eggs, hidden secrets, subtle references to canon FR lore... MORE! NEW! STUFF! :-)

Yeah, but first I am doing a big chunk out of this expansion in the form of a module named "The Isle of Mintarn - Pirate Haven Extraordinaire!" https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/41457/upcoming-content-the-isle-of-mintarn-pirate-haven-extraordinaire/p1

Also I have been a bit lazy as of late with not updating some of my threads with the work I have been doing behind the scenes with friends:-P.
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    After your mod launch, you should think about working for Beamdog. I think you got the drive and talent to help them do a Sequel to Baldur's Gate (which people have wondered about for years) or help them create a new adventure set in the forgotten realms (if they're allowed to do that, I have no idea what WOTC is like these days).
    @Kaliesto Hey I am down if they want my help on something Baldur's Gate related. After all this work and constant failure and iteration with eventual success (launches) I would love to work with a proper team for a change. I just hope that I can really work hard enough to make good use of the years of designs and material I have made in my own time behind the scenes. I am blind and weak in areas but I know my strengths in passions of creating game design, itemization, story and general level-headedness to characters; making illusions a bit more human - if that makes any sense. Just check out my deviant art gallery as a good idea of my years of constant work flow of what I am interested in; not all of it is public for I keep my design work (mostly) kind of under wraps. https://www.deviantart.com/withinamnesia/gallery/
  • ThalamondThalamond Member Posts: 108
    Will you release your mods as a full pack in this thread when ready? How much time do you estimate? :blush:
    @Thalamond hmm that is an idea eh? Well currently sorting some stuff out although I need to grind out some time to finish The Baldur's Gate Arms and Armour Emporium. I could do it within 30 days I recon if I work hard enough. There should be more progress next month.
  • ThalamondThalamond Member Posts: 108
    Glad to hear it. I think what you have done so far is absolutely amazing and combines with the vanilla experience seamlessly.
    edited May 2019
    @Thalamond Eh there could be way more content like that but most of the battle is making the opportunity to activate upon (the many) ideas to turn them into finished and polished 'products' launched to be able to share. I have learned slowly through the grace of humbling failure that for myself at least that it is not enough to know something without sharing it in some meaningful capacity that others can benefit from when pursuing 'success'. Does knowledge really exist if it is not shared?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @WithinAmnesia This seems like a spiffy expansion pack! What's progress as of early 2020?
  • MapekMapek Member Posts: 42
    Are you still working on it?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @WithinAmnesia
    How fares this mod in the ~3 years since last I asked?

Thankee and Merry Christmas!
    edited June 2023
    Endarire wrote: »
    @WithinAmnesia
    How fares this mod in the ~3 years since last I asked?

Thankee and Merry Christmas!

Well its hard to say. I have more than a few projects going and I'm focusing mainly on my commercial projects and things like this I try to circle around to but like my main RPG focus is in unreal engine now and I cannot seem to stay in a well enough position to steadily focus on that let alone 5-7 other projects including this one. I might circle back to this with a studio and commercial interest but it might take some time. I am getting better than just modding so when the commercial interest lines up I can justify a team and more resources on game projects later. Perhaps I can make a better go of this than just a mod we will see.