Skip to content

Images of females in armour designed for protection, not seduction!

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Another by Sara Forlenza: image
  • SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    kiwidoc said:

@Schneidend this version of the demonhunter isn't official - it was an entry into the Deviant Art competition. Wading through the various entries shows everything from the leather fetish bikini to the full coverup, to metal breastplate over leather. I think it's a good sign that most of the highly rated entries showed complex but fully covering armor. Sure there is an over abundance of sticky-out fin like extras, and loads too many spikes - but in most cases no keyhole cutouts, no cleavage and no bare bellies or butts. YAY some progress is being made.

Yeah, I know, I applaud Diablo III for having more conservative armor. Being stylized is fine by me. I love big scary pauldrons and such. Like I said, though, the Demon Hunter literally has some boots that are high heels.
    Found another good one by Brolken
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    @LadyRhian This one has an almost steampunk feel. Looking at the way her outfit is made I think it has definnitely got some armor in it, and not just combat fatigues. There's some sort of reinforced area over her chest, and she definitely has leather protecting her shoulders. I'm not sure what kind of weapon she is packing - but I want one!
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Looks Deadspace influenced to me. The protruding chest (in an odd way, rather than a woman's natural protrusion) and bulkiness of the outfit as a whole makes me think of that.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    kiwidoc said:
    ...I just fell in love.
    That long, flowing hair is pretty, but from what I know - very irritating.
    Not that I know it first hand, being a guy who has never had long hair in my life, but one of the sports I do are Chinese martial arts and my girl-friends keep braiding their hair or stuffing them into a bun.
    Even a long ponytail swings around and has the annoying habit of wrapping itself on it's owner's face.
    edited August 2014
    I remember a character in a book saying she preferred her hair long as when she twisted it and rolled it round her head it made excellent cushioning for her helmet. I think this is an excellent idea as any padding or cushioning beneath armor helps spread the force of a blow over a wider area of your body (or in this case your head) and protects against more serious injury. Sadly I can't remember the Name of the book or the author.

Also don't forget the wonderful effect of tossing your head just so and creating a wave of hair that forms a radiant halo around your face ..... I think I've seen too many shampoo ads.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I'm a female and I have a long hair and I got no problem with it, in fact I love my long hair :)
    Do you fight with your long hair @kaguana let loose?
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    Post edited by kiwidoc on
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    edited August 2014
    kiwidoc said:
    I really like that first one, though it looks like her front dagger would get in the way of her tree climbing. Is the second one the same person? Looks pretty similar, even if the art style is different.
    @Elrandir Unfortunately I didn't get either got both of these photos from Wayne's own site, so I got very little information about them. I know all of his elves have very similar bone structure in their face - they definitely don't look like an ordinary human.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Southpaw said:

Do you fight with your long hair @kaguana let loose?

Well not completely free I make a high ponytail, but I used to dance with the hair loose and it was just fine.
    image by lewinston
    image by ElCid
    image by Evulchibi

A few more for you.
    @LadyRhian I love that first one. At first glance it looks simple, but then you see the complex textures and lighting. I also love the look on the dwarf's face - she's confident, cheeky and she don't give a damn!
    edited August 2014

Art By Claudio Pozas ~ Part I

First 5 images re-edited by kiwidoc
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
    For some strange reason only small versions of the images are showing up in the Claudio Poza posts. I'm using the same method I've used for around the last 30 or 40 artists, and it has always worked before. If you want to see the larger versions go to my Tumblr Dressed to Kill: Women Warriors

You can also admire my absolutely stunning graphics she said modestly *grin*
This discussion has been closed.