Skip to content

Images of females in armour designed for protection, not seduction!

Comments

• kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited September 2014
    @Aristillius These links are most welcome. The more ways we can promote a sensible role for women (and men!) in fantasy / sci-fi the better. When I first read that article "We have always fought" I got so excited I mae a new thread devoted just to it http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32463/we-have-always-fought-an-amazing-article-on-the-history-of-women-warriors#latest and now it won a Hugo YAY! Go Kameron. I've been trying to follow any more articles she makes, and I have also started following Dribble of Ink as well, as it's a really good magazine (and it won a Hugo as well!)
    Now I'm off to read the viking sword stuff - and to remove the head of anyone wearing a helmet with horns on!

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    kiwidoc said:

Oh, wow. I really wish they had released some Cerberus characters like these for Mass Effect 3's multiplayer. I would have played that big, heavily armored mystery dude and the sniper like crazy.
    @Schneidend I've never played the game but I still love these guys. They look interesting - they've got personalities and they've taken a fair few knocks from life before we met them.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    I like this one :

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    kiwidoc said:

@Schneidend I've never played the game but I still love these guys. They look interesting - they've got personalities and they've taken a fair few knocks from life before we met them.

I highly recommend the Mass Effect franchise, and ME3's multiplayer is a good time with a couple friends backing you up.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited September 2014
    bengoshi said:
    Fixed it for ya @bengoshi. ;)
    Jason Manley did the IWD portraits, while Justin Sweet is the artist behind the ones from IWD II.

And to stay on-topic, here are a couple of half-orc lasses in believeable armours.

by Rafal Hrynkiewicz
    (a.k.a. mcf)

by boc0
    @bengoshi my rant wasn't aimed just at you - honest. I do appreciate people joining in - but the art for IWD1 really got on my goat, all that unsafe and unprotected bare flesh in the freezing cold ... you've got to be kidding right?
    I've got Jason Manly and Justin Sweet lined up in the queue (with 400 + others) but I think they'll need to jump the queue. I've got a few bits and pieces to do for the start of a new month on the blog, then I'll post a full gallery for each of these guys.
    that one is lovely :

@kaguana that one is even more special when you realise it's from MTG - and to see a female wearing decent armor is sooo rare on MTG cards! I like the thoughtful, slightly sad expression she has. It reminds me of the mood in this pic - http://31.media.tumblr.com/312572447f0a8354f70844e5026ba631/tumblr_nbc27ceQgl1r2344uo1_1280.jpg
    They both have an ethereal, otherworldly feel to them, and both pics have a real glow about them. I'm a sucker for that soft, moody atmosphere.
    @Kamigoroshi Great orcs. I can't believe I forgot to include mcFee in my hunt so far. Ha was so good to me when I was running Dlabbradeth my old Forgotten Realms/DnD site. Many thanks for reminding me of him.
    edited September 2014
    @kiwidoc‌ A few pictures for your collection, hope you will like it :)

Art By kerembeyit

Post edited by kaguana on
    @kaguana you know I posted the first one along with the rest of my Kerim Beyit collection over on the Dressed To Kill -Women Warriors Tumblr but for some really stupid reason I missed it out on the Kerem Beyit post over here (wayy back on page 2). Why were the other not included in either place ... well just read the post a few above this in bold yellow. Granted the last one doesn't have her butt naked, but its not sci-fi so that skin tight whatever she is wearing is going to be useless as armor, leaving her buttocks, back and abdomen totally unprotected.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    kiwidoc said:
    It's too bad this armor couldn't protect her hair!
    kiwidoc said:

@kaguana you know I posted the first one along with the rest of my Kerim Beyit collection over on the Dressed To Kill -Women Warriors Tumblr but for some really stupid reason I missed it out on the Kerem Beyit post over here (wayy back on page 2). Why were the other not included in either place ... well just read the post a few above this in bold yellow. Granted the last one doesn't have her butt naked, but its not sci-fi so that skin tight whatever she is wearing is going to be useless as armor, leaving her buttocks, back and abdomen totally unprotected.

Page 2 wow can't remember that far, as for the last one I erase it and the other picture that seem not fit.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    kaguana said:

I like this one :

Looks like Imoen <3

BTW - @bengoshi - while I agree, that IWD (1+2) art is very pretty, lots of the armors over there could be put into the 'other' thread by LadyRhian (Unrealistic Fantasy Art) for being too stripperific.
    edited September 2014

kiwidoc said:
    It's too bad this armor couldn't protect her hair!
    That's Chandra - a Red Planeswalker from Magic:the Gathering universe. Planeswalkers are something like Conjurer/Sorcerors on amphetamines. She masters fire, so it does not hurt her.
    (A very, very nice picture of Planeswalkers here. Can't be posted in this thread under @kiwidoc's rules though :-) )
    @Southpaw‌ That pic is AWESOME! There are two women in it who meet the rules - so I may do a crop. Do you have any idea who the artist is?
    kiwidoc said:

@Southpaw‌ That pic is AWESOME! There are two women in it who meet the rules - so I may do a crop. Do you have any idea who the artist is?

Of course. cryptcrawler.deviantart.com
    @Southpaw - thanks. I've added crypcrawler to the queue :)
    @kaguana nice pic. I like all of dleoblack's work, but especially this one. It has a more abstract, flowing feel than most of his work, and there is a great sense of movement. Would you believe I never spotted the dragons before?
This discussion has been closed.