Skip to content

Images of females in armour designed for protection, not seduction!

Comments

• kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    A few more for your collection:

image by kokomiko
    image by bloodyman88
    image by wargaron
    image by StuArtStudios
    image by namesjames
    image by M1keN (She's decently covered, although I don't know why she needs techobewbs)
    image by juliedillon
    image by WojciecFus
    image by Haclif
    I need a palate cleanser. Sorry.

image by albe75
    image by Pascaldejong
    image by Ralph Horsley Aside from the boob plate, she is decently covered.
    image by tstn
    image by RichardPace
    image by NamesJames A Legend of the Cryptids in full armor? Who'da thunk it?
    image by LASAHIDO Aside from miss "I can show off my boobies!" in the center, the other woman isn't badly done at all.
    image by Artgerm
    image by MarkusVogt
    image by rodmendez
    image by CELENG
    image also by CELENG
    Woohoo @LadyRhian - loads of great pics. I especially love the sci-fi one with the woman reading her tablet. she just looks so matter of fact and ordinary, which makes her so convincing.
    @kiwidoc I love Charles Keegan's stuff. So wonderful!
    edited July 2014
    @LadyRhian I love his work too but ye gods it was hard to find anything that wasn't a chain-mail bikini. He showed with these two he had the skill and the sensitivity to paint women warriors who were powerful and full of character, and yet he painted sooooo many ladies languishing in metal lingerie waiting for big hunky men to rescue and/or have sex with them. I suppose if you want to make a living you paint what people want :(

Let me just add I LOVE the F You attitude the first CELENG pic has - that utter self confidence in her stance and on her face. I just wrote go girl but that's not right at all - GO WOMAN!
    @kiwidoc You know it. My "Unrealistic Fantasy Art" Thread was so horrendous today. So much "WTF?"
    edited July 2014
    edited August 2014
    edited August 2014
  • Thief_Of_NavarreThief_Of_Navarre Member Posts: 26
    elminster said:

I'm surprised nobody put up an image of Brienne of Tarth so far. I know nothing of armor but this seems more sensible than a lot of the stuff that tends to show up on these kinds of shows.

Was waiting for someone to post that!
    edited August 2014
    @Thief_Of_Navarre Thanks for the great photo - I've not been collecting photos so it's really good if someone else posts them. I love both sets of Brienne's armor, the blue and the pale pearly pink. She looks like an excellent fighter, who moves well and who's in control of her body, and nothing at all like a bimbo in spiky metal and/or leather fetish gear like so many others we see on telly.

I've got a few Briennes in my huge collection of links, but so far the dice hasn't selected any. I'll chase one up so I can post that artist soon.

Update - just found a Brienne I've already posted for you. She was in a the René Aigner gallery.

Post edited by kiwidoc on
    Found some more really good pictures today.

image by Tsu-Gambler
    image by Murilo-Araujo
    image by callergi
    image by Ros-Kovac
    image by Maxa-Art
    image by FryderykObuchowicz
    image by art spell
    image by Showmeyourmoves
    image by Marcsimonetti
    image by Forrestimel (it's Wonder Woman)
    image by poibuts
    edited August 2014

July's Updates To Artists Previously Featured

The links will take you to the full set of images previously posted (on my Tumblr) and you can get the full link to the artists' home galleries there.

Aerenwyn

Akeira

Arman Akopian

A-Sloudi

Aoinhatsu

Jason Chan
    @Thief_of_Navarre I've got a few more Briennes. I'll be posting them one a day or so, I don't want to flood them by posting all at once. There are more as part of quite big galleries so I'll let the dice decide when they get posted!
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    kiwidoc said:
    This is quite possibly my favorite picture from this whole thread. I couldn't begin to explain why, though. It just. looks. amazing.
    @Elrandir I love this one too. At first dance its a simple comic style image of a fighter - and then you look at her face and posture again. She shows determination and defiance, but underneath that there is a sadness. She's suffered loss but she's not giving up, by the hells she's going to give as good as she gets! It takes a great deal of skill to show that in such an apparently simple pic.
    edited August 2014
    It's Future Xena and Future Gabrielle! :) Is the robot Joxer?

This discussion has been closed.