Skip to content

Images of females in armour designed for protection, not seduction!

Comments

• kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    The full gallery from Ertaç Altınöz

Ertaç Altınöz

edited July 2014

ヤマーーダ

The only gallery available for ヤマーーダ is on pixiv. You may not be able to link directly to ヤマーーダ's gallery.

Post edited by kiwidoc on
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    kiwidoc said:
    My only problem with the first two pictures in this gallery is that the breasts under the armor are either extremely large, or look splayed out to the side- and the second type doesn't seem very comfortable to me.

And here's an image I love: image by Dave-Wilkins

The thing that I hate about some fantasy female art is that the women they depict seem to be always trading on their looks. Like "How can you possibly try to hit me? I'm hot, and I'm counting on that to take you off guard!" Or "I'm so sexy, you'll hit me, but not with your METAL sword! Oh ho ho!" That kind of attitude is sort of disgusting to me.

image by MarkWinters

Women don't have to be half-naked to be sexy. They don't need to show off their boobs, abdomen and stomach to be badass.

image by Thaldir

They don't have to show their butts, either. Or be dressed in only a teaspoon's worth of metal. Or be in metal fetish gear.

image by HELMUTTT
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    edited July 2014
    kiwidoc said:

ヤマーーダ

I love how old and grizzled the warrior woman looks, though after reading LadyRhian's comment, I have to agree about the chest. (I didn't even notice she had a boob plate the first time I looked) Also... Is that a pole mace? How does that even work?.. Whatever...

I love the anime Mount and Blade girls! They're so cute! I especially like the fat camel and horse! XD (Sorry... I like anime style. Especially when it's based off of an excellent game that's not at all anime)
    LadyRhian said:

HELMUTTT

LadyRhian, the only thing I can think of when it comes to that last picture is; "I think you need to, uhh... do SOMETHING with that hair. I mean, c'mon! It's so... big!"
    Elrandir said:

kiwidoc said:

ヤマーーダ

Is that a pole mace? How does that even work?..
    Well from a distance, I'd assume, less well close up. :)
    The overall weight and weight distribution is what causes me to wonder. It just seems impractical. Especially when she's holding a shield all the time.
    There were Maces used from horseback, usually longer than maces used on foot. Probably not THAT long, though.
    @Elrandir
    Elrandir said:

I love how old and grizzled the warrior woman looks,

Me too - that's why I decided to turn a blind eye to the ridiculous torpedo tits. It's good to see a woman who isn't young, pretty and vulnerable in a genre that's usually full of kitten eyed wee baby doll girlies, and what's more to see her striding through the world as if she owns it!
    @LadyRhian I love all four of the artists you included in that latest post. They've all got their own style, and they've all got class It's great to see we both have such good taste :P
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    kiwidoc said:
    YOURE DOING IT WRONG!
    kiwidoc said:
    Also, how do we know this isn't just another ambiguously gendered elven Mage?!
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited July 2014
    meagloth said:

kiwidoc said:
    Also, how do we know this isn't just another ambiguously gendered elven Mage?!
    Well, it's a painting of Eva Green as Morgan le Fey from the TV series Camelot.

@meagloth is it the painter or the dwarf who is doing it wrong? Or both of the above.

@meagloth and @AstroBryGuy I recognized the wonderful Eva Green. She plays strong women really really well. I gathered this is her in the Camelot miniseries. I hadn't seen the series so I tracked down a few photos of Eva. I think she's supposed to be wearing a studded leather outfit that's a cross between a tunic and a surcoat. I haven't seen her moving in it, so I could be wrong,
    kiwidoc said:

@meagloth is it the painter or the dwarf who is doing it wrong? Or both of the above.

The dwarf. She's using a telescope to look at something 6 inches from her face. I jest, however.
    @meagloth - If I remember right she's supposed to be doing something intricate and magical to do with some game I've never heard of. I can't be assed finding the original page to get the details. Lazy cow aren't I but it's too damn hot to be energetic here.
    edited July 2014
    edited July 2014
    I love the one with the girl wielding the Scutum. It's just wonderfully simple and well done.

Some of the pics aren't loading for me, though. Is that happening to anyone else?
    edited July 2014
    @Elrandir something on the site is playing silly buggers. It took 3 attempts for each post to get all of the images to show. And I did check and they all did show - but now they aren't ..... I'll try again but no guarantees that if I fix it, it will stay fixed :(

p.s. @Elrandir I am a bit hot and frazzled by the repeated image failures, so I made my own epic failure of perception .... I thought you said

warning - slightly naughty! (and really silly)

I love the one with the girl wielding the scrotum
    Hahaha! Not quite. I feel like that picture wouldn't make it into this thread. XD
    Hopefully I've just fixed the disappearing pic problem. Sorry about the total change in order.
    edited July 2014
    Thanks to @LadyRhian for making her great post, and giving me an excuse to post this gallery out of alphabetical order ;)

Micheal Gauss aka HELMUTT ~ Part I

edited July 2014
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    Those of Michael Gauss are really nice once :)
    This one's quite fond of magical fire, isn't he?
This discussion has been closed.