Skip to content

Images of females in armour designed for protection, not seduction!

Comments

• kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2014
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    meagloth said:

kiwidoc said:

....sane and sensible?
    Apart from the armour itself, it's still a rather sexualised picture, what with the tits-and-ass pose (Brokeback pose, I think someone called it?) and the come hither gaze.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Scriver Yes. It's also Samus, from Metroid. She, as a character, gets sexualized a lot, even though, in the original game, you didn't know she was female until the very end, when she takes off her suit, and underneath is a bikini. And you only got that if you beat it on Hard Difficulty.

image Bayonetta?! or the Baroness from G.I. Joe.

I like this one by Mario Wibisono:

And this one, also my Mario Wibisono:

Both of these characters are wearing Lamellar Armor.
    I am also a fan of Wibisono. Where did you get the first one - it's quite a different colour to the one I've got.

Anyway here's some more of his gorgeous work. Pity most of the woman he paints are in some form of leather or metal lingerie ... sigh.

Mario Wibisono

@Kiwidoc That's from his DeviantArt Account. It's a card from the L5R (Legend of the Five Rings) Card game. Yeah, it's a pity about the "Leather Lingerie" stuff. There was a Crab Clan soldier card art where the character was wearing armor over nothing, but I doubt that fits the "sane and sensible" theme. (At least, there was some major bewbage on display.) And another one where the character (female, natch) is wearing a kimono and wielding a blood-splattered sword with lots of splatters on her person, and she's practically unrobed to the waist. Also not sane and sensible.
  • ArchaosArchaos Member Posts: 1,421
    edited June 2014
    meagloth said:

....sane and sensible?

I really don't see what's wrong with the picture. It's a high-tech, space suit, battle/sci-fi armor.
    It's fully covering her body and it's tailored to her figure to keep her mobile.

She's doing lots of jumping, tumbling, rolling, turning and spinning in the game.
    Here's tomorrows pics early, as I'm going to be busy celebrating my birthday, and pretending I'm not growing old!

Paul Abrams

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Is that last one supposed to be Snow White? Because it totally looks like her.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Elrandir said:

Is that last one supposed to be Snow White? Because it totally looks like her.

I think so, and the one above that is Rapunzel (note the sun herald from the movie Tangled on her shield).

@Elrandir and @AstroBryGuy well spotted - it is Rapunzel and Snow White. Adelruna seems to make a habit of putting well known fictional characters in realistic armor, as well as putting women in historical armour.
    I hadn't even noticed Rapunzel. I don't remember a thing about the sun from tangled, and without hair that stretches at least to the floor, there's no way I would have guessed. =p Nice job, @AstroBryGuy‌
    edited June 2014
    WOW - 1.5K page views .... I'm gobsmacked, overwhelmed and very, very grateful. Many thanks to all of you who keep on looking :D

I'm not a final Fantasy player (sadly anything but 3/4 view gives me serious motion sickness) but I love this bit of FF fan-art. Can anyone tell me if it's a girl or a guy on the chicken?

BOTH PICS BY

Chen Wei aka lorlandchain

A closer view

Post edited by kiwidoc on
    edited June 2014
    The dwarf neko thing has a lot of spikes and suffers from a fully clothed version of "My arms and legs are important, but the rest of me? Not so much." Just saying. Also, she somehow manages to pull off both the hardcore metal look, and the anime "cutesy" look. I'm kind of impressed.
    Elrandir said:

The dwarf neko thing has a lot of spikes and suffers from a fully clothed version of "My arms and legs are important, but the rest of me? Not so much." Just saying. Also, she somehow manages to pull off both the hardcore metal look, and the anime "cutesy" look. I'm kind of impressed.

The pic is actually called "My Cat - Shiru" I think all cats manage to pull off a combination of "Touch me when I don't want it and you'll bleed!" and "Oh I am so cute and cuddly"

One person has a strange opinion of their cat. o_0
    I only have one thing to say- Spies are supposed to blend in to the background. That Cyberpunk spy hair wouldn't accomplish that… not for me, anyway.
    Too much punk, not enough cyber.
    @LadyRhian and @Elrandir - I suppose it all depends on where she is trying to blend in ... it's sci-fi so everyone might have purple or electric pink hair :P I have to confess I'm a total ignoramus when it comes to games, but I'm not sure the game she was meant for has even been released.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    You guys have obviously never visited cyberpunkia.
This discussion has been closed.