Skip to content

Images of females in armour designed for protection, not seduction!

Comments

• SionIVSionIV Member Posts: 2,689
    It's depressing when you see a piece of art from World of Warcraft and you can name every single piece of equipment on the characters.
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Kiwidoc You repeated a picture. The one with the Dwarf and the Ranger (?) with the falcon.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2014
    LadyRhian said:

@Kiwidoc You repeated a picture. The one with the Dwarf and the Ranger (?) with the falcon.

AAAAAAaaaaaargh! My secret's out .... I'm not perfect. Dejectedly wanders off to the dunces corner ... again

On a slightly more serious note, thanks for the heads up. I've fixed it now.

@SionIV But do you know all their names; and for ultimate geek points, can you spell all those names correctly?

kiwidoc said:

LadyRhian said:

@SionIV But do you know all their names; and for ultimate geek points, can you spell all those names correctly?

Yes and yes, even the belt on the rogue. I've spent way too many hours in that game.

@Kiwidoc Don't worry- I've done it myself. I am sure some/a lot of my pictures may repeat at some point. 35+ pages of pictures means I can't remember them all. I just wanted to let you know if you wanted to replace one of them via editing the post- I've certainly done it.

JASON CHANG PART I

Yes the plunging neckline is silly, but this pic was just too beautiful to get left out.

edited June 2014

JASON CHANG Part III

Does this one work? What do you think about the bare hips?

• NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Remember when SionIV could recognize all those World of Warcraft armor pieces in the pictures?

I do the same thing when I see all that Magic: The Gathering artwork. Gaaahhhh! D:
    @Squire I though the suit was actually made of leather. There is a wrinkle just under the waist line, and the way the trouser pieces bend round her body, and the angle she has achieved at the hips make me think the bottom half of the outfit is made of a flexible leather that's a good deal more supple than the top. This material has also been used over the abdomen and lower back. This trousers and the torso under layer seem to be a body suit, r dare I say it ... a onesie!

I think all the outer part of the torso armour is made of slightly thicker and stiffer leather, and the articulation comes from using jointed plates of that material - like a hard but jointed outer carapace that slips over the flexible "body suit" It would be a hell of a job to design it, let alone make it!

The thing I really can't get my head round is how she got all of this over her ears without breaking them in half!

• AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2014
    Via Google Image Search:

#1: http://keun-chul--jang.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-knight-352528986

#2: This one's tough, it's pretty popular to re-post as a "prayer warrior" (and of course, with no attribution). Maybe from Pathfinder? http://quinnae.com/2011/09/17/behind-the-hills-into-shadow/

#3: Dungeon Magazine #198: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Article.aspx?x=dnd/dun/201201cormyr

#4: Howard Lyon: http://www.howardlyon.com/blog/2010/03/10/recent-work
    I Just came across this video and had to share it: How well would those fighting game costumes *really* work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwXdxRuk_Dg#t=54

Moral of the story: Unless you want to be flashing everyone in the vicinity when you fight with teets and kitty, stick to something with more coverage!
    @AstroBryGuy Many, many thanks. Of course it's bloody Keun Chul (bashes self over the head with the keyboard.) The reason I couldn't fight it again is that I'd seen it recently somewhere different, a multi artist gallery and shop, and it was given the title Valkyrie in the comments. I found loads of lovely Valkyrie images, but not her! Many thanks for the other links as well. Howard Lyon's name is near the top of nearly 200 artist who's galleries I'm currently checking out. I've only done a brief scan as yet. It;s another pic that keeps getting reblogged in certain circles with no attribution or credits. I'm working on a blog alongside this thread, and to me it is very important to give proper attribution. I don't want to know who paid for the image, I want to know who made it.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    edited June 2014
    @kiwidoc‌ - unfortunately, for #3, I didn't see any artist info in the public areas, and the Gallery at the WotC site is subscribers only. If there's someone here who is a subscriber, they might be able to get the artist info for you.
    Post edited by AstroBryGuy on
    I just ran across these and had to share. #1: Types of female "fantasy" armor for tittilation. Are you a boob cup person, a boob cup with spikes, or a "nipple cup" person? ;)

And the difference between kinds of fantasy and reality:
    http://lostdelights.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/wotc-dd-artwork-modifiedg.jpg

(the middle character is bare-chested and female, so you'll have to clicky the link.

Here are pictures of people from SCAdian events: http://www.keradwc.com/medieval/index.html

I used to be a SCAdian. My name was Ginevra de Fanchon Sur la Mer, or, in English, Ginevra of Fanchon on the Sea.
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I like nipple cups!
    I have to put in my vote for the "High Fantasy" type armor in the link.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    I think the Cersei's armor also deserves mentioning here.

As well as the leather armor of Yara Greyjoy.

• CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    The Game of Thrones TV show generally does good armor, even if I find the standard Lannister gear a bit fashionably oriental for a western medieval setting.

The books are very specific about armor though, and very different. A lot more full plate, and a lot more colorful than the show. Brightly enameled armors are everywhere south Moat Cailin, as opposed to the more muted mail combos of the show.
    @LadyRhian I've got to admit I prefer the High Fantasy image over the "reality" image, but Ms Reality is a bit basic. I've seen real suits of armour that have gorgeous etching and inlays, and usable armour can be very pretty indeed.

@bengoshi Cersei's armour fails the plunging neckline test ... but then her armour was never meant to protect her in an actual fight, it was part of her campaign to be both a fighting lady who knows what she's doing, and the most sexy woman in the room. sadly neither of these things was true. On the other hand Yaras armour ticks all the boxes, and makes her utterly believable as a fighter, and a leader of other fighters.
    edited June 2014
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    Ever since @Squire posted that video about boob-shaped breastplates, even most of the "sane, sensible" costumes and pictures are irritating to my willing suspension of disbelief. For almost all of these pictures, the first thing I think of since watching that video is, "Now, can she extend her arms forward in front of her chest, hold a weapon there with two-handed grip, and manipulate it freely?"

Almost all of these armors fail that test - they need to be much flatter in the chest area.

Thanks a lot, @Squire, you've ruined fantasy for me. (Just kidding.)

Ever since @Squire posted that video about boob-shaped breastplates, even most of the "sane, sensible" costumes and pictures are irritating to my willing suspension of disbelief. For almost all of these pictures, the first thing I think of since watching that video is, "Now, can she extend her arms forward in front of her chest, hold a weapon there with two-handed grip, and manipulate it freely?"

Almost all of these armors fail that test - they need to be much flatter in the chest area.

Thanks a lot, @Squire, you've ruined fantasy for me. (Just kidding.)

Who needs a weapon when you have boobs?

And now when we're talking about a two-handed grip, do you really manipulate them freely or is that just another illusion?
This discussion has been closed.