Skip to content

Politics. The feel in your country.

Comments

• jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    edited December 2017
    I fully endorse Steve Bannon speaking up for more candidates across the country and convincing the President to get 100% behind them. In the end, the Republicans, the RNC, Trump and the White House went ALL IN to get a child predator elected to hold political power........and lost the seat anyway. They are forever tarnished by their association to Roy Moore, and they didn't even win the race.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    edited December 2017
    Shocking, but I'm not surprised seeing what a piece of crap Moore is. It's likely just a speed bump because I'd be really amazed if Jones holds the seat after two years. The Republicans won't make this mistake again...

I'm conservative but I'm not disappointed. What does that make me?
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

deltago said:

And now it essentially IS over barring a miracle. Somehow, Donald Trump and Steve Bannon managed to throw away a Senate seat in ALABAMA, which is nearly inconceivable. Republicans are going to get absolutely destroyed at the polls next November. Again, here is what the Party of Donald Trump and Roy Moore have managed to do in the reddest State in the country:

1998 GOP + 27
    2002 GOP +19
    2004 GOP +35
    2008 GOP +26
    2010 GOP +31
    2014 GOP +95
    2017 GOP LOSS

Granted, Trump didn't back Moore first. This shouldn't be laid at his feet. Bannon on the other hand...
    He campaigned for him over the weekend. He has been tweeting his support for the last week. He made robo-calls for him. And Trump is as big a reason for this as Moore is. This was won because of at least a 5% increase in African-American turnout:
    Yes he did what any major politician would do if there was an election. Or do you forget all those shots of Cruz calling people on behalf of Trump?

Trump can easily turn around and just tweet saying, "he wasn't my man, he was the parties man. If they ran my guy, we would have won."

And that live stream, the republicans just said, "we're not calling it yet, it's still close," we can still burn ballots before they're counted.
    edited December 2017
    Balrog99 said:

Shocking, but I'm not surprised seeing what a piece of crap Moore is. It's likely just a speed bump because I'd be really amazed if Jones holds the seat after two years. The Republicans won't make this mistake again...

There are so, so many areas in the country up for grabs next year that aren't even REMOTELY as red as Alabama is. They are going to get wiped out.

It makes you sane. The amount of write-in votes was massive. It was a bridge too far for JUST enough people.

Democrats need to field candidates in every race next year and especially focus on flipping the Arizona and Nevada Senate seats. Tom Perez has refocused the DNC on turn-out operations after Debbie-Wasserman Schultz turned the place into a disaster. His track record between this and Election night is simply a template for next year.
    edited December 2017
    BillyYank said:

So at the current count, 48.8% of Alabamans voted for the paedophile. That's 8.8% more than voted to keep the ban on interracial marriages back in 2000. Way to go Alabama.

You know what? Not everybody believes the same way you do. That doesn't mean they're pieces of shit or dumbasses. That just means their priorities aren't the same as yours. It's this kind of attitude that is contributing to the problem. Not just you @BillyYank. I'm not calling you out in particular, but this "I'm 100% right and you're 100% wrong" BS is what's killing this country!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Balrog99 said:

BillyYank said:

So at the current count, 48.8% of Alabamans voted for the paedophile. That's 8.8% more than voted to keep the ban on interracial marriages back in 2000. Way to go Alabama.

You know what? Not everybody believes the same way you do. That doesn't mean they're pieces of shit or dumbasses. That just means their priorities aren't the same as yours. It's this kind of attitude that is contributing to the problem. Not just you @BillyYank. I'm not calling you out in particular, but this "I'm 100% right and you're 100% wrong" BS is what's killing this country!
    I agree "I'm 100% right and you're 100% wrong" BS is what's killing this country!" but c'mon - Roy Moore? Sometimes a spade is a spade.
    All I know is I'm as happy as a pig in shit. I'm gonna have a Dr. Pepper.

Balrog99 said:

BillyYank said:

I agree "I'm 100% right and you're 100% wrong" BS is what's killing this country!" but c'mon - Roy Moore? Sometimes a spade is a spade.
    I don't disagree I said he was a piece of crap a couple posts ago. I'm shocked that he lost in Alabama but I'm not disappointed. He was so absolutely horrible as a human being he couldn't win a state that is HOSTILE to democrats. Kudos to the people. I can say that I would not have voted for Jones, but would not have voted for Moore either.

I'd still consider voting for Kid Rock here in Michigan though. Does that make me a bad person???
    edited December 2017
    Balrog99 said:

Balrog99 said:

BillyYank said:

I don't disagree I said he was a piece of crap a couple posts ago. I'm shocked that he lost in Alabama but I'm not disappointed. He was so absolutely horrible as a human being he couldn't win a state that is HOSTILE to democrats. Kudos to the people. I can say that I would not have voted for Jones, but would not have voted for Moore either.

I'd still consider voting for Kid Rock here in Michigan though. Does that make me a bad person???
    It means you have questionable taste in music if you defend anything after "Devil Without A Cause" :P

C'mon go for a shot of Johnny Walker. I'd buy it for you but distance and all...
    Balrog99 said:

C'mon go for a shot of Johnny Walker. I'd buy it for you but distance and all...
    Well, if I ever bought whiskey that expensive I wouldn't hate it so much. I'd have a beer if work didn't exist.

Balrog99 said:

Balrog99 said:

BillyYank said:

It means you have questionable taste in music if you defend anything after "Devil Without A Cause" :P
    I think Kid Rock is 'OK' music. He and Eminem are the only sort of rap I enjoy (unless you consider Rage, rap).

Balrog99 said:

Well, if I ever bought whiskey that expensive I wouldn't hate it so much. I'd have a beer if work didn't exist.
    Work doesn't exist if you enjoy what you do!
    edited December 2017
    Balrog99 said:

Balrog99 said:

Balrog99 said:

BillyYank said:

I think Kid Rock is 'OK' music. He and Eminem are the only sort of rap I enjoy (unless you consider Rage, rap).
    Rage Against the Machines rap roots are most on display on the cover record "Renegades". Alot of straight covers of hip-hop pioneers. Also the MC5, who I love more than just about anything.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Balrog99 said:

A patriot.

And I guess this means Roy Moore is banned from the National Mall.

Stolen from elsewhere; I'm not nearly that clever or funny.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Balrog99 said:

Balrog99 said:

BillyYank said:

To be honest I don't know much about him. Other than he was a rich kid who pretends to be a guy from the hood or something. And he's friends with Nugent. And he's said some extreme things which to me puts him in the class of Trump, Moore and Nugent.

Does that make you a bad person? No. I wouldn't call most moore supporters bad people either. Just confused or misled possibly, whatever you call someone who made what I'd consider a mistake.
    edited December 2017
    CamDawg said:

Balrog99 said:

A patriot.

I'd actually feel better if he wound up in prison. How did this piece of shit ever wind up that close to the Senate? Troubling times...

Now that he lost maybe the reckoning will come. I doubt the Republican Party will want anything to do with him anymore. Safety net gone?
    edited December 2017
    Balrog99 said:

CamDawg said:

Balrog99 said:

A patriot.

I'd actually feel better if he wound up in prison. How did this piece of shit ever wind up that close to the Senate? Troubling times...

Now that he lost maybe the reckoning will come. I doubt the Republican Party will want anything to do with him anymore. Safety net gone?
    The thing about Roy Moore is he was a horrifying candidate BEFORE the allegations came out. He has no respect for the rule of law (despite being a judge). The America Roy Moore wants is no different than Afghanistan under the Taliban. While it is true he would have been only one Senator, his kind of religious extremism has no place in government.
    edited December 2017
    I don't disagree necessarily but he would not have lost because of that. I actually feel somewhat vindicated in a way even though Moore lost. This is what should have happened to Bill Clinton many years ago. All the people that turned a blind eye to him are part of the reason we have Trump as president right now. Maybe all the 'but the way he votes is good' BS will finally be irrelevant. A person IS as a person DOES not what he/she SAYS!
    edited December 2017
    @jjstraka34
    @smeagolheart

You guys need to topple Trump for checkmate. Not sure you can do it before his four years are up but more power to you! I don't mind this skeleton sweeping in the GOP at all. Maybe they'll get back to real conservativism in the long run...

I can't wait to hear what Rush has to say tomorrow!

I was all set to try to defend Alabama voting this asshole in but now I don't have to!!!
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Balrog99 said:

I was all set to try to defend Alabama voting this asshole in but now I don't have to!!!

I imagine this is similar to the relief Democrats feel about giving up once and for all on defending Bill Clinton.
    OMG, the (R) are still not conceding the vote. :|
    deltago said:

Why is the Alabama Secretary of State inviting people at Roy Moore's election night party to "come to his office" to discuss where they go from here?? I have never heard anything like this.
    The funny thing is my parents think I'm a liberal. I doubt any of you that pay attention to my postings here would agree with them. Probably going to be lots of crickets chirping this Christmas at my folks' house...
    Balrog99 said:

The funny thing is my parents think I'm a liberal. I doubt any of you that pay attention to my postings here would agree with them. Probably going to be lots of crickets chirping this Christmas at my folks' house...

It's possible this is another prophecy that didn't come true. I'd advise to avoid the subject entirely.

deltago said:

Why is the Alabama Secretary of State inviting people at Roy Moore's election night party to "come to his office" to discuss where they go from here?? I have never heard anything like this.
    They are calling a recount it seems. If the numbers are less than .5% (which they're not) the Secretary of State will ask for a recount.

Allegedly, according to Moore, the over seas Military ballots haven't been counted yet... so it's not over. They're going to drag this out as long as possible, confuse the population into thinking that Jones stole the election or some other stupid shit.
    edited December 2017
    deltago said:

deltago said:

They are calling a recount it seems. If the numbers are less than .5% (which they're not) the Secretary of State will ask for a recount.

Allegedly, according to Moore, the over seas Military ballots haven't been counted yet... so it's not over. They're going to drag this out as long as possible, confuse the population into thinking that Jones stole the election or some other stupid shit.
    They don't make projections at the networks without taking those into account. Moore is losing by substantially more than .5% at the moment. I've never seen a result switch based on military ballots.
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Balrog99 said:

Speaking of which, what do y'all suppose our chances are in the War On Christmas this year? Maybe we can use this momentum. I already bought an artificial tree, which is a start.
    deltago said:

deltago said:

If it was Tennessee the military votes might actually be enough to turn the results. Not sure a state that isn't the 'Volunteer' state can pull that off...
This discussion has been closed.