Skip to content

Politics. The feel in your country.

Comments

• TakisMegasTakisMegas Member Posts: 835
    I think that all you Political Science majors forgot that the country of America and Canada are White European Colonies. When Europeans feel like they are getting pushed around they WILL push back. Just like the Brexit.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436
    I eagerly await all of the Trump-spin we are about to receive. His suddenly discovered gravitas, the inevitability of his win, and his many new friends. The system adapts, capital buys their troubles away, and the poor get shafted by new and interesting people.

America strikes me as a place that has put a price on everything, using only the most basic definition of usefulness. Thus a forest has first-order usefulness as a source of firewood. Firewood for your descendants is something of a luxury, as is the forest as a source of beauty, or a nature sink, so is not given a value at all.

What does this have to do with Trump, you say? Well, clearly there is a large body of people in America, completely beneath the radar, that the previous capitalist system saw no value in. The reason they are dumb shitkickers, is because there's no perceived value in educating them.

Trump, god help him, resonates with dumb shitkickers who have been abandoned by capitalism. This is not to say that Trump's not a capitalist, in fact I would say that this was an unfriendly takeover of the American government Incorporated, which inexplicably is not listed as a fortune 500 company.
    So I guess that's the new racist term for European Whites. Shitkickers? He did also win the Educated vote. Where any Shitkickers in those polls? Or are rural whites not smart enough? Just the minority city dwellers are?
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Oh woe the oppression of us whites

Oh woe the oppression of us whites

See you have a dog in this, I don't. I'm watching all this from another country with popcorn in a bowl. I will say though that those oppressed whites gave Obama 8 years. He stood at the very steps in Germany that Hitler gave one of his speeches and said he was going to unite the world through peace. Even Europe believed him. He was given a nobel peace prize for his glorious vision and philanthropic views, he was going to be different than Bush and stop war mongering.

Well eight years came and went. More wars and proxy wars than any other President in US history. Highest unemployment rate. Highest rate of people on social assistance.

Give this guy a chance like you would want people to have given Hillary and help mend the wounds by educating people of your plight instead of telling them they are the cause, whether it be sexual orientation or racial.
    Also they where not abandoned by Capitalism, 8 years of Globalism did this to them.
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486

Maybe one of those 2nd amendment people could help out, I don't know
    Without hope there is nothing
    edited November 2016
    Wow you people have some deep rooted hate built up. I will say it even though I will get crucified. Ask for Gods help to heal you. He will help.

Ask for Gods help to heal you. He will help.

Which one, there are so many of them :confused:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_deities
    @Yamcha "He will help" So I supposed it's the bearded white guy who's sitting on a cloud watching over us.
    Yamcha said:

Ask for Gods help to heal you. He will help.

Which one, there are so many of them :confused:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_deities

@Yamcha "He will help" So I supposed it's the bearded white guy who's sitting on a cloud watching over us.

Like I said.... So much hate. I'm an Atheist by the way, just wanted to prove a point.
    You people should seriously get up off your PC's and check out the world around you, it's changing. Cultural Marxism is dying kids, you will not be allowed to bully people for even hinting at something you don't agree with. Like you all are doing right now in the streets of New York.

Even if a Christian says something about their God you should FIGHT FOR THE RIGHT for them to say it and leave your bigoted hateful comments to yourselves. It's OK to be Gay and to say it to everyone but it's not OK to say you're religious without being attacked.

If that's what a Liberal is all about, then I agree with the rest of the world in their view of all of you.
    Damn New York and their liberal Broadway gay conspiracy
    I guess you missed the sign that said stay UNDER the bridge...
    I guess you are unfamiliar with the concept of 'joke'
    it's late, I apologize.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,744
    I'd just like to remind everyone about the Site rules. It's ok to express your feelings, but please, pay attention to being nice to each other.
    I thought I was being quite cordial actually.
    @TakisMegas
    Are you for real ?

I put in 2 Trump quotes and you accuse me of being hateful and a bigot. The irony is too sweet.

Another great thing about Sanders. He didn't make a big point of being an atheist/theist while every other candidate fakes what great believers they are. Just to appease certain groups.

Anyone could of beaten Trump. It's just the other side didn't put their best person forward. Now you all will have to live with the consequences. Don't get mad at him or me get mad at your Democrats.

Am I for real now?
    Dee said:

It's disingenuous to say that the election was a clear loss for Democrats when the Democratic nominee WON THE POPULAR VOTE.

It is a clear loss. Their woman did not become POTUS. They lost states that have been Blue since the 80's. Donald Trump is President Elect. The popular vote means nothing because not everyone in America voted. You don't know the choice of those who abstained.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    The popular vote means nothing because all electoral systems are flawed in one way or another - this is why in the British parliament the number of MPs from each party is not an accurate (or proportional) representation of the number of votes cast for each party.

It's just the way our democracy works and we have to accept it and move forward, working with the system to effect changes to the system.
  • dunbardunbar Member Posts: 1,603
    edited November 2016
    Likewise only 24.3% of registered voters voted for the current Conservative government in the UK.

http://www.conservativehome.com/highlights/2015/05/lets-not-get-carried-away-the-conservatives-only-won-over-a-quarter-of-all-potential-voters.html
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    I know how we can set up a system where neither the popular vote nor the electoral college are needed. Rather than directly electing a President, instead, the major parties and the legitimate third parties (Libertarian, Green, etc, but not the weirdo fringe parties like the one guy who think time travelers decide who is President--no, seriously, I'll have to find him and link him) all present a candidate and one of them is chosen at random. Simple, effective, and it avoids nasty campaigns which hypercharge people's emotions. Limit the term to one 4-year duration and make certain Congress takes back some of the power it has ceded to the Executive in recent years. This way, people can focus on the elections which *really* matter, the ones for the House and the Senate. Each person's vote will then count more because the election isn't so watered down and no one will feel left out.

I have to concur that this election cycle was a loss for Democrats. Five States flip-flopped from blue to red this election cycle even though they did pick up 1 or 2 Senate seats.

Never forget: it's just politics, it isn't personal. People need to quit taking election results so personally.

The Presidential election has also overshadowed the fact that several States will be decriminalizing marijuana use.
  • The_Potty_1The_Potty_1 Member Posts: 436

So I guess that's the new racist term for European Whites. Shitkickers? He did also win the Educated vote. Where any Shitkickers in those polls? Or are rural whites not smart enough? Just the minority city dwellers are?

Hm, OK my apologies, I could edit and replace that with a less offensive characterisation, if you could suggest one? I have to confess to being at a loss how to describe a Trump supporter. Bear in mind that the news we get to see out here in the colonies is only the most .. newsworthy stuff? He's probably a lovely chap really, but to the non-American world, he appears to be a frothing lunatic.
    @The_Potty_1 Why do you contrast colonies and non-American world, that makes no sense. America is (was) a colony. Or did I misunderstand?
  • mf2112mf2112 Member, Moderator Posts: 1,919
    Without the normal checks and balances of the opposition party controlling at least one of the branches of government, I think people will be shocked at just how quickly years of hard won progress can and will be rolled back.
This discussion has been closed.