Skip to content

Children, Little bundles of Joy? Terror's Tyrant's and Dictators? Will you, Do you, Could you?

2»

Comments

• CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited July 2014
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    Let me see... I'm 40 years old as of June 14th... I have been married for 17 years... My wife is turning 42 in November and had a ischemic stroke last year. We have never wanted children and it's not likely we will change our minds in the near future... So no children for me.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    Would I have children .... hell yeah
    Could I have children .... sadly no

Ah well, it's probably for the best. Some poor kid could have been inflicted with an old-age hippy like me for a mum ;P
    @mlnevese‌ Oh hell mate, is she okay?! :O That's pretty bloody rough. Hehe not everyone wants children, it is true they aren't for everyone. :) It does annoy me a little when people are like "Why don't you want kids?! It's the whole point of being alive!" I disagree, you get out of life exactly what you want to make of it. If they aren't for you, they aren't for you. :)

@kiwidoc‌ Aww! An old-age Hippy sounds awesome! ;) We were considering adopting one, one day. There are a lot of children that need a good home. :):)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    No. At least not in this world and it's actual conditions (and another no given my age :P).
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    @CaloNord I seriously wanted to paint "Not new age hippies but OLD age hippies" on the side of my VW camper, but never got around to it. I'm sure there are a lot of old age hippies out there that need a good home .... you did say you were considering adopting one!
    @mlnevese My little bro started his family when he was 40, but I also know a lot of people who were too set in there ways to have kids at that stage in their life, and also a lot who never wanted kids. Each to their own ... if I hadn't met my second hubby, I never would have wanted kids either. And the illness your wife has got. If I'm seriously honest I'm partly glad I never had children because I'm not well enough to work. It sounds like you are in a more serious position than I am in. So you never need to apologise for your choices, even tho there are people out there who will make you feel like you have to.
    Seconded! :D It's entirely a personal choice! :) Yea! That's really good news! :) I watched my father go through cancer, which was not fun. To top it off a year after recovering he managed to get pneumonia and ended up back in hospital for several weeks. Luckily he seems very hard to kill. Although natures making a pretty valiant effort of trying. >:O
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited July 2014
    I don't particularly like children, but I would like to have one someday. Maybe it's my genes talking, and wanting to pass it onto someone. I don't really like children, but I think it would be great when they get older and we can do things together like I do with my dad. Just today we went and played a round of golf together, it was great. I love spending time with my dad, so I think it would be nice to be able to do that with my own kid someday. As for when they're small children, I think it would be annoying and I would rather have a cat. I also don't find human babies cute at all (I think they're kind of ugly and repulsive), but I think baby animals are the most darling things in the world.
    Awong124 said:

I think it would be annoying and I would rather have a cat.

BAHAHA! Oh that made me laugh out loud! It can be... challenging! You get out of it what you put into it however, we have taught our toddler a great many things and he's generally pretty bloody good. Sometimes he will push the boundaries just to see if they are still there but for the most part, he behaves! :D In the end, it's only around 4 years or so before you can start doing the fun fun things with them so it isn't that long really! :) Mine is just over 14 months now so we're getting there :)

It's funny you should mention that, to you, yours will be the most BEAUTIFUL thing you have ever seen, you may even wander around thinking how cute yours is compared to other peoples... no ones is as cute as your own is to you! :)

But they do grow up, and far to quickly when your going through it first hand! :)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    CaloNord said:

Seconded! :D It's entirely a personal choice! :) Yea! That's really good news! :) I watched my father go through cancer, which was not fun. To top it off a year after recovering he managed to get pneumonia and ended up back in hospital for several weeks. Luckily he seems very hard to kill. Although natures making a pretty valiant effort of trying. >:O

The human body is really hard to kill sometimes. My wife's recovery happenned because of a new blood vessel that grew in her brain bypassing the collapsed one and returning oxygen levels to normal. Best wishes to your father :)
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    CaloNord said:

Awong124 said:

It's funny you should mention that, to you, yours will be the most BEAUTIFUL thing you have ever seen, you may even wander around thinking how cute yours is compared to other peoples... no ones is as cute as your own is to you! :)
    Evolution does that on purpose, btw.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited July 2014
    CaloNord said:

Awong124 said:

Yeah, I've heard a lot of people say that, so hopefully that would be the case. I currently have a cat and I love him more than anything in the world. I love him probably like I would my own son.

The "breathtaking" baby from Seinfeld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwEXAJZ-y7A
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    I'm 22 and, at least for now, the "forever alone" type of guy so having kids is not really my priority. If I ever will find the girl that I would like to spend the rest of my life with, then I would rather have fun and freedom for first few years, then think about children. Two, if I'm ever going to have pretty stable and good life. One, or no children at all, if all I could accomplish in my life is being typical everyday slave, who commited spiritual suicide long time ago.
  • JenzafarJenzafar Member Posts: 303
    Saw this today, and immediately thought of this thread.
  • TheGraveDiggerTheGraveDigger Member Posts: 336
    I'm not soft enough to be a modern parent. All the parents I know either don't care enough or want to be 'best friends' to their kids instead of proper parents.

I have alot of nieces, nephews, and young cousins and they're ALL spoiled brats. They have no manners, and will throw a full on tantrum over small things, like simply making them wash their hands. They wont stop screaming and stamping their feet until they get exactly what they want. I have no patience for that shit, and stay away as much as I can.

Last xmas one of them began raging at the table, he was banging his plate and screaming at the top of his lungs... I told my sister(his mother) to shut him up or I would, I was just going to drag him into the living room and shut the door... but before I could my sister threw boiling water on me.

A kid would be miserable around me.