Skip to content

[MOD] -Scales of Balance- a post-hac tweak mod

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,459
    edited May 2015
    Also, I ran into this issue. The only thing other mod I have on aside from SoB atm is http://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/37479/no-restrictions#latest

I'll do a test without that installed and see if that's causing the error.

Edit: I used my backup version of the game I have on my second hard drive and just installed SoB. Still got the error :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited May 2015
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

The text is missing? Is it only for Larloch's drain? I replaced that spell with an improved version, but I might not have set the text correctly. I'll look into it.

From the first level spell list only Larloch's was an error. I'll check later in a HoW campaign if any of the higher level spells are messed up.
    You are correct! The box is completely blank on its description, not even an error. Also, I had to make a sorcerer to check because technically since there aren't any 2nd level necromancer spells I can't get past spell selection when making a character in HoW since I couldn't choose a necromancy spell :(
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    When creating a fighter in BG2:EE I get the 10 proficiency, but I can upgrade all the way to Grandmastery with them.
    The method also really screws up mages as they can only select three spells in the beginning due to being level 1.
    Oh. I see. I assume that's part of the bug then since it doesn't have a description or anything. No error code, just blank. Here's some screenshots.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    What's the issue with profsmax.2da?
    Of note: in BGII:EE you don't start at level 1. So when you make a character in that game you'll be able to put your proficiencies in whatever weapon or weapons you like.
    edited May 2015
    Ah, I see.

If it's not working, then yeah, that's certainly a bug in BGII:EE. It might be somewhat lower priority to fix, though, given that there's no way in the unmodded BGII:EE to create a level 1 character. But given that it works as expected in BG:EE and IWD:EE, I'm skeptical that it would be working any differently in BGII:EE.
    edited May 2015
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    edited May 2015
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • YllibYllib Member Posts: 11
    Really like what you have done with this mad, though I have discovered a minor installation bug with the latest version.

APR on spec will not install if Proficiency Overhaul is already installed. Looking in the .tp2 file I believe this is because of this line "REQUIRE_PREDICATE (NOT FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~d5_profs.d5~) @3". Is this because you intended to incorporate the two into one?

I have tested installing APR before the overhaul and everything worked fine (though all I did was create a character in ToB and check the APR), though this is somewhat problematic when using the BWS to install alongside other mods.

I am about to try another BWS install with removing this line and see if it works.
  • YllibYllib Member Posts: 11
    edited May 2015
    So it installed fine, but classes were only getting 0.5 extra APR, even with 4 stars. The only exception was fighters with 5 stars, who got a full +2. Also, bows got no APR bonus, even with grand mastery...

So I'm going to try again, this time pausing it when the install gets to SoB and running a manual install of APR on spec before it gets to the overhaul, and see if the results are any better.

Sorry for double post but can't seem to get the edit button to work...

EDIT: This tactic worked, getting 5/2 and 3 APR with short swords and daggers, respectively, on a ToB Assassin. Kensai weapon focus is bugged on all variations of installation though, assigning greatswords proficiency regardless of your actual choice.

Also got the edit function to work :smiley:

EDIT 2: Seems the Kensai bug was only happening because I was using ToB for testing (no long ass intro to sit through)
    Post edited by Yllib on
    @subtledoctor yeah I figured the honor system approach would be the way to deal with it ^^ It does occur to me though, that without the restriction on max pips at first level, there is really no benefit of not giving all the xp at character creation instead of later through a script.

As it is it penalizes mages without giving any benefit to other characters. If you can do it without too much trouble you might consider allowing for skipping the component in a future build. At least until the next BG2EE patch is out, which might take a very long time yet.

Oh and could you upload the fixed files for Larloch and RoE in this thread, so I don't have to do a complete reinstall? :p
    I also have a request for a future version. Could add an ini option (or make a seperate component) for choosing to keep original or SR version of spells when installing the wizard changes? I'd like to be able to keep SR Mage Armor, Luck, Disintegrate etc.

I would really appreciate that :)
    Let's not be so quick to go nuclear, here.

To be clear, what I meant was that it would be low priority to fix what happens if you change the starting level to 1, because it's not something the game does by default. It's also entirely possible that there is a setting for this that I'm just not aware of. My comment before should not be interpreted to mean that the weirdness of being able to grandmaster a weapon in BGIIEE would be low priority. That is a separate (albeit related) issue, and if it's deemed to be a real bug (rather than a design choice, although I don't know why that would be) it would certainly be higher priority than if the unmodded game was not affected.
    So everything seems to be working fine now except one last thing. When using the sub-kits in TnB it removes all necromancy spells. I imagine maybe that the Pale Master and White Necromancer kit (along with the others a Necromancer can become) aren't flagged to be able to have necromancy spells in their spellbook.

If this is the case then for now I'll just run a base necromancer and not use a sub-kit~

Also, this is in IWD:EE specifically. I don't normally mod BG:EE/BG2:EE so not sure if the bug is IWD:EE specific or not.
    edited May 2015

Nah, that's actually intended, it's a function of the way the TnB scripts add those kits - they undo everything added to the original kit, then add their own stuff. You can still learn necromancy spells from scrolls if it comes to that.

This version doesn't have full compatibility with TnB yet, it's going to take a while to figure out which TnB kit needs what new abilities of mine. Also I have no idea what to do with the TnB kits that have *two* specialties...

Anyway, you can fix this on your own, for now. In the override folder, find the CLAB 2da file for the TnB necromancer kit(s), and find CLABMA03.2da (which is the vanilla necromancer's CLAB file. In the latter, you will see about 4 rows that have a bunch of entries that say "GA_SPWI119" and "GA_SPWI221" etc. Copy those rows (not just those entries, but the whole horizontal rows starting with the word "ABILITY" at the beginning of each) and paste them at the bottom of the TnB necromancer .2da files. That should do it.

Eventually I'll code better compatibility with TnB. But Aquadrizzt is currently working on some fairly radical under-the-hood changes to that mod, so I'll probably wait til his new version comes out so I don't end up having to do it twice.

:O! radical changes! SOUNDS RADICAL. Hah.

Anyway, thanks! I shall most certainly do as such! Thank you n_n

SoB is definitely one of my fav mods of all time <3.
    edited May 2015
    Bad news @subtledoctor I just found out that installing SoB prevents the SCS Smarter general AI components as well as other sub-components (smarter mages, smarter priests, improved fiends) from installing.

here is the weidu:

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
    // The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
    // ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #250 // 250: Weapon Proficiency Overhaul: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #350 // 350: Add the Harrier ranger kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #410 // 410: Add the Sniper thief kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #450 // 450: Add the Gallant bard kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #455 // 455: Add the Loremaster bard kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #460 // 460: Add the Meistersinger bard kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #465 // 465: Add the Loresinger of Milil divine bard kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #500 // 500: Divine Class Tweaks: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #510 // 510: Add the Moon Knight of Selune cleric kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #512 // 512: Add the Silkwhisper of Sune cleric kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #520 // 520: Add the Luckrider of Tymora cleric kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #526 // 526: Add the Mistwalker of Leira cleric kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #530 // 530: Add the Darkcloak of Shar cleric kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #532 // 532: Add the Beastheart of Malar cleric kit: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #600 // 600: Wizard Class Changes: v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #870 // NPCs: Choose a kit for Viconia: -> Make Viconia a Darkcloak of Shar (SoB): v3.0
    ~SCALES_OF_BALANCE/SCALES_OF_BALANCE.TP2~ #0 #875 // NPCs: Make Yoshimo a Swashbuckler: v3.0
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #1000 // Initialise mod (all other components require this): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #5900 // Initialise AI components (required for all tactical and AI components): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6010 // Better calls for help: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6200 // Improved Spiders: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6520 // Smarter genies -> Genies have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6530 // Smarter celestials -> Celestials have about 50 percent more hit points than normal: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6540 // Smarter dragons -> Dragons have a substantial hit point increase: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6552 // Smarter beholders -> Give beholder rays some chance to "burn through" spell protections; beholder antimagic removes defences and prevents casting but does not block harmful spells (original game behaviour): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6562 // Smarter mind flayers -> Illithids have only original-game resistances; Illithids cannot see invisible enemies (matches original game): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6580 // Improved Vampires: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #6590 // Smarter Throne of Bhaal final villain: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8010 // Improved Shade Lord: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8041 // Increase difficulty of level-dependent monster groupings -> Significantly increased difficulty: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8050 // Improved Random Encounters: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8060 // Improved de'Arnise Keep ("Tactics Remix") -> Spirit trolls have the same powers as in the original game: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8070 // Improved Unseeing Eye: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8080 // Improved Bodhi (Tactics Remix) -> "Toned-down" version of the original Tactics Improved Bodhi, with SCSII scripting: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8100 // Improved battle with Irenicus in Spellhold: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8110 // Improved Sahuagin: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8120 // Improved Beholder hive (adapted from Quest Pack): v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8141 // Slightly Improved Drow -> Leave Ust Natha's defences alone: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8150 // Slightly Improved Watcher's Keep: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8160 // Improved Fire Giant temple: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8170 // Enhanced Sendai's Enclave: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8180 // Improved Abazigal's Lair: v30
    ~STRATAGEMS/SETUP-STRATAGEMS.TP2~ #0 #8190 // Improved Minor Encounters: v30

I set paladins, parry magic and mage HLA to 0 in the ini before installing.
    edited May 2015
    That was an impressively fast response :smile:@subtledoctor .. Do you have a remark concerning my question:
    Ardul said:

I also have a request for a future version. Could you add an ini option (or make a seperate component) for choosing to keep original or SR version of spells when installing the wizard changes? I'd like to be able to keep SR Mage Armor, Luck, Disintegrate etc.

I would really appreciate that :)