Skip to content

Halizurex, the Pacifist Mass Murderer

I'm playing Baldur's Gate as a jester. The goal is to kill as many innocent people as possible without losing reputation.

I've already played this character somewhat. In Candlekeep, I led Shank out of the house, fake-talked the Watchers so they wouldn't attack him, and then used the bard song to confuse Shank. He would attack people, and when those people died, I wouldn't lose any reputation. So I killed-er, led to the deaths of several tutors, several cows (Nessa was spared), and Imoen. When she died, she didn't drop anything. I then talked to Gorion, who didn't really care about what I just did and happily led me out of the keep. After he died, Imoen wasn't there.

So I walked along, fed Xzar and Montaron to a wolf, and headed to Beregost. My army was awaiting me in the southernmost house. I gave Firebead his precious History of the Fateful Coin, and then promptly fed the delicious elf to my four pet spiders. I then went to Feldepost's Inn, tricked Marl into thinking that adventurers aren't all that bad, and then showed him that he was a fool to trust me. After that, I went upstairs and had one of the spiders, in the usual jester-induced trance, fetch me Algernon's Cloak. Of course, Algernon didn't survive the process. My next stop was the Jovial Juggler, where the spiders killed all the commoners (they didn't try to run at all; I guess they were way too deep in their cups) while the "paladin" Bjornin just stood around.

That's where I stopped for now. What do you guys think of this playthrough?

Comments

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Quite the opposite, what i have in mind. But fascinating nonetheless!
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    @OlvynChuru‌, if you'd like to work with greater effectiveness, try to charm weaker creatures and send them against stronger opponents.
  • OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 3,075
    lolien said:

@OlvynChuru‌, if you'd like to work with greater effectiveness, try to charm weaker creatures and send them against stronger opponents.

Don't you generally lose reputation if you kill an innocent using a charmed NPC? (unless the innocent is Kelddath Ormlyr of course) If you don't, then maybe I'll try that.