Skip to content

Wasteland 2 thread

13»

Comments

• VitorVitor Member Posts: 288
    Yeah, my version is the Director's Cut. I can create parties with less than 4 characters. But I don't know if I'll still be limited to add just 3 NPCs...
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Isn't the number of NPCs dependent on your CHA?
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027

Isn't the number of NPCs dependent on your CHA?

Yes... in Fallout :smile:
    Here I don't think so. For sure you can manage 3 npcs with charisma=1 for each of your squad members.
    However the total team charisma plays a role at some point(s), including the recruitment of one particular npc.
    Unless you want to rely on the leadership skill with which there is a synergy, I think there is no major reason to have a high charisma score.
    My experience with the Director's cut version is limited, things may have changed.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    I was suprised seeing GoG Galaxy client downloading new patch for Wasteland 2 only to find out it adds modding capabilities to the game. Anyone else excited with this? If only Pillars od Eternity was mod-friendly...
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Cahir said:

I was suprised seeing GoG Galaxy client downloading new patch for Wasteland 2 only to find out it adds modding capabilities to the game. Anyone else excited with this? If only Pillars od Eternity was mod-friendly...

I am interested in it too. However my modding hours are limited and one big factor will be the content of the SoD/BGEE/BG2EE update in terms of modding capabilities.
    I will have to make a decision, being able to easily mod PoE would be very interesting.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Musigny said:

being able to easily mod PoE would be very interesting.

Yes, but also being able to mod PoE would be very interesting :)

I mean being able to create real mods other than that GUI thing and texture replacers.
    Erg said:

Musigny said:

I mean being able to create real mods other than that GUI thing and texture replacers.
    Yeah, I wonder if it ever comes to that. But one can only hope. I was really surprised seeing that new patch for W2. Didn't see that coming, to be honest.

Surely each version of the one and only IE Mod for PoE is looked forward to by many every time when new patch is released. And that only shows how much people miss modding capabilities of PoE.

I don't share @Erg's opinion that a game that is not moddable at all is always (or in the majority) a bad game, but I do appreciate games that receive modding support by its creators. So, kudos for Inxile.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Erg said:

Musigny said:

Indeed. I'm still hoping for an Priest mod, which focuses on introducing the 6 missing deity choices to appear at some point. Or at least my favourite: Rymrgand!

But on the other hand, I can't think of much for Wasteland 2's modding avenue. Weapons? Armors? Bobbleheads? Hrm...
    Cahir said:

I don't share Erg's opinion that a game that is not moddable at all is always (or in the majority) a bad game

Just to clarify, my opinion is slightly different. I think that a game without mods has no replayability and thus it doesn't interest me, not that it is necessarily a bad game.
    Erg said:

Cahir said:

I don't share Erg's opinion that a game that is not moddable at all is always (or in the majority) a bad game

Just to clarify, my opinion is slightly different. I think that a game without mods has no replayability and thus it doesn't interest me, not that it is necessarily a bad game.
    Ok, but a game that have no replayability still could interest me, even if I know I won't play it again because I already saw everything it can to offer. I can totally understand someone who wouldn't play PST second time, since there is so few mods made for this game (and UB is only for filling the gaps, really). But the game is TOTALLY worth playing if only once!

Is there really no game that you played just once and enjoyed it?
    Cahir said:

Not as much as I've enjoyed playing games with mods.

Why should I play PoE, when I can play modded Baldur's Gate (of course the original one, not the EE, a.k.a. the embarrassing edition) ?

As a matter of fact, these days I'm (re)playing Morrowind with a combination of mods that I've already used in the past and enjoyed, plus other mods that I never tried before.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Erg said:

Cahir said:

Not as much as I've enjoyed playing games with mods.

Why should I play PoE, when I can play modded Baldur's Gate (of course the original one, not the EE, a.k.a. the embarrassing edition) ?

As a matter of fact, these days I'm (re)playing Morrowind with a combination of mods that I've already used in the past and enjoyed, plus other mods that I never tried before.
    Ok, but you have play unmodded Morrowind when there was no mods yet, have you?

Ok, one last try, I'll reverse the question. Was there ever a heavily moddable game with multitude of mods available, that you have not enjoyed at all?
    I mean, there must be a dreadful game out there, with tons of mods, but none appealing enough to turn awful game enjoyable...
    edited February 2016
    Cahir said:

Ok, but you have play unmodded Morrowind when there was no mods yet, have you?

Yes, I always play vanilla the first time.

However, modded Morrowind is much better and mods are the reason why I'm still playing it after more than 13 years.
    Cahir said:

Was there ever a heavily moddable game with multitude of mods available, that you have not enjoyed at all?
    I mean, there must be a dreadful game out there, with tons of mods, but none appealing enough to turn awful game enjoyable...

Yes. For example, there is plenty of mods for Oblivion or Skyrim, but to me Oblivion or Skyrim are not as appealing as Morrowind.

Still, I would rather play Oblivion, where axes are blunt weapons, rather than play PoE, or, let's say, Alpha Protocol (i.e. another game from Obsidian without mods).
    Alpha Protocol was brilliant, well buggy as hell and controls were like crap, but the story... still, wouldn't play it second time, not because of lack of mods, though. And I wouldn't trade Oblivion for PoE ever. I tried that game twice and got bored somewhere in the middle of main quest. Morrowind was fun, though.

I also tried Shadowrun Returns once and wasn't hooked up. It's fun game, but I was expecting something more. Maybe I'll tackle it once more someday, it's not set in stone.
    Cahir said:

Alpha Protocol was brilliant, well buggy as hell and controls were like crap, but the story... still, wouldn't play it second time, not because of lack of mods, though.

I never played Alpha Protocol and I never will.

I currently have an 80% discount coupon for Alpha Protocol on Steam. So I could buy it for 3€, or I could donate the coupon to someone else, but I will just let the coupon expire.

Take that Obsidian!
    Erg said:

Cahir said:

Alpha Protocol was brilliant, well buggy as hell and controls were like crap, but the story... still, wouldn't play it second time, not because of lack of mods, though.

I never played Alpha Protocol and I never will.

I currently have an 80% discount coupon for Alpha Protocol on Steam. So I could buy it for 3€, or I could donate the coupon to someone else, but I will just let the coupon expire.

Take that Obsidian!
    All that for not having PoE mod-friendly? Wow :smile:

But to be honest if someone did wonder where's this reputation of releasing buggy stuff by Obsidian coming from, just play Alpha Protocol. Playing this game was just like forcing my way through Hell, but was totally worth it. It was like playing James Bond, fun to the core.

My main point of interest and a bastion of hope is Tides of Numenera. Frankly, the reason why I was so happy to see Inxile providing stuff for modders is that I hope they'll add it to TToN too at some point.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited February 2016
    @Erg and others This thread is about Wasteland 2, not about things you've been discussing for the last several days. Please, create a new thread if you want to continue that discussion.

Check here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47731/convincing-erg-to-play-the-ees
    @bengoshi I don't want to continue this discussion (I clearly cannot convince Erg to give EE a shot), but I do asked some moderator to cut all our comments, that were not related to W2, and put them to a new topic :smile: