Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Options for spicing up Garrick?

13»

Comments

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,028
    Tbh I just dont use Garrick that often because his bg2 cameo is so lame I fear that would break immersion.

DreadKhan
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,836
    I've often wished I could use the Ring of Wizardry with Bards, it's a big disadvantage, along with not getting armour in BG1 until late-ish, and you need to use Dorn to get it. As a result, usually I find a mage will have a better static AC and be a more useful caster early-mid due to the RoW.

Still, Bards make serviceable archers, and they are made for the Longbow +2 for sure, able to ping away quite well to make up for a meager spell selection. Garrick kind needs some help, but a bit less than Eldoth I suppose when it comes to being a good archer. I wish he had 18 dex, and could use the GoWE for dart fun, but high accuracy archery is handy in many places, and if you don't have anyone else that can be a dedicated user of the Longbow +2 and Gauntlets of Dex, Garrick is actually a reasonable choice.

If you wanted to cheese out a bit, editing Garrick's dex to 18 is a really nice buff. Have him use Darts and a Longbow then, and maybe even a GoWE for some pretty solid support.