Skip to content

What does your name mean?

the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
edited September 2014 in Off-Topic
So it's an online forum. We often see some strange and weird IDs. Some are ones that we bring along from forum to forum. Others are simply random letters and numbers that happen when we sign up for our accounts. Within the BG community, there are a whole lot of characters and I was just curious what your names meant and why you choose it.

The way this works socially is, describe your name and meaning and then tag another community member and ask what their name means.

So here goes. The Spyder is a name that I usually use in different forums. The original genesis of it was that, growing up I was a big Spiderman Fan. Spiderman is often idolized and imortalized in forum IDs so I had to come up with something original. Well, I was also (still am) a Doctor Who fan and remember one particular like "I am THE Doctor. The definite article, you might say." And so 'The Spyder' was born.

So I am going to jump start this with several members, just to get things started

@GKL206‌
@Klorox‌
@King_Nothing‌
@atcDave‌
@fraggel76‌
@Artemius_I‌
@Anduin‌
@AlexDeLarge‌

Some of these I already know, but not everyone here will. So chime in.

Comments

• the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Some really great stories. But no one is tagging anyone else and asking what their names mean.
  • JLeeJLee Member Posts: 650

Some really great stories. But no one is tagging anyone else and asking what their names mean.

Oops! Missed that part.

OK @BelgarathMTH‌ , what is your story?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    My name means I'm awesome.
  • O_BruceO_Bruce Member Posts: 2,790
    edited September 2014
    I'm freaking curious, @Dee. Also, you previous name, @Aosaw.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    It's my SCA WAR name.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Oops!
    I tag @meagloth‌
  • DavideDavide Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,698
    Actually I did, but I started with a Dalish elf, and I might have never tried that path.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018

@Davide I'm a fan of Mass Effect and

I really enjoyed the idea behind Reapers' philosophy: you can't save the universe, but you can "harvest" what's worth to be saved before it gets destroyed, or worse, it destroys itself. But that will only be reveled at the end of the saga. During the whole game the player will believe that they are just a race of incredibly powerful space invaders.

@Aedan Ivahnoe was the knight of a tv series when I was a child, if I'm not wrong :P
    Ivanhoe was actually a movie WAY BAck in 1952. It was a pretty good "Knight's" story.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044760/?ref_=nv_sr_1