Skip to content

What does your name mean?

Comments

• CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330

I'm not good at coming up with screen-names or aliases. Mine is my name IRL. It's very common in Scotland where I used to live, although when I visit the U.S. they think that my parents were hardcore Larpers or something. Guess it's not so common there.

I would have guessed a dragon age reference.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    CoryNewb said:

I'm not good at coming up with screen-names or aliases. Mine is my name IRL. It's very common in Scotland where I used to live, although when I visit the U.S. they think that my parents were hardcore Larpers or something. Guess it's not so common there.

I would have guessed a dragon age reference.
    I'd have guessed Doctor Who fans.
    @Southpaw‌ I tag you. Are you a fan of the control mechanics on controllers, or fighting southpaw?
    @Southpaw‌ well there it is. One of my friends uses his steam name as southpaw, but he is not a fighter, he is in to the control scheme on first person games. Thanks for sharing :)
  • lelag200lelag200 Member Posts: 125
    This is a cool thread, I want it to keep going...
    While growing up my cousin had an xbox and we played halo and other FPSs and we needed names for our profiles. My cousin saw the TV show JAG and was fascinated by the military theme so at first he named his profile 'jag'. Eventually he changed it so that it started with his first initial 'gag', then he threw his initials in front of that and it finally became GEGag100. The 100 inspired by the 3 digits given to spartans in the halo books. I decided I liked how it was short and unique so I made mine with my initials and made it 200 as I was the second gamer out of the many cousins in the family. Some people think it's French, which is regrettable but it's what I'm going with on dozens of accounts now. (Just kidding, I don't have anything against the French)
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    @Southpaw the whys and wherefores of my name is pretty boring actually - I'm a doctor, and I am originally from New Zealand and therefore a kiwi. As I said - boring (even though it does sound like something interesting in Welsh)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    @kiwidoc - what does it mean in Welsh?
    (I actually thought it might have something to do with NZ)
    @Southpaw It doesn't actually mean anything in Welsh, but a few people have assumed it's a welsh word or a welsh name .... it's the w and the doc at the end that fools them.
    @lelag200 and here was I wondering if you spke le Francais and you had the most horrendous lag whenever you attempted multiplayer online ;) A 2 second lag would be enough to get you into serious trouble!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    The only thing I know is that @CaloNord‌ is a good fella that took this forum by storm in the late spring - early summer of 2014. The storm was short but it was good while it lasted :)
    @KidCarnival‌ you are up! What does you name mean???
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    demented said:

Well, I wanted to choose a name that would signify how much of a sane, well balanced human being I am.

The meaning of my real name is "hero, great hero". Which isn't surprising as I've fought many battles and won many wars. It's not my fault they happen to be fictional.

I toyed with choosing the name Wonko the Sane, but believe it was taken on certain forums that I frequent. Shame really.