Skip to content

Brace yourself, a new year is coming... And so...

13»

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Well considering the place I plan to train has produced a nationally recognized kickboxing competitor, I think it's a good one, @O_Bruce‌ =p (But thank you for the advice)

@Yannir‌ As for Krav Maga, I think it's interesting and would like to learn it someday, but all I hear sounds too good to be true, and the only guy I know who's done it is kind of a d-bag, so I associate it with a d-bag. =p
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Girls are repelled by
    wubble said:

The best combat training I've heard of is growing up in Glasgow...

For extra combat difficulty. Wear an England shirt.
    wubble said:

I'm 18 and have a fast metabolism so i can't reach more than 9 stone normally, I also need to work out more, i'm never gonna be huge but i'm weak and skinny at the moment

I read this and got confused. I have now just had it confirmed watching the science of diet. Metabolism is mentioned a lot, and certain diet products talk about speeding your metabolism to burn off fat.

Basically, if you are thin, your body has to work less at rest.

Put weight on, and your metabolism has to work harder at rest to get your body working.

Fitness, cardiovascular fitness, also has a bonus effect in lowering metabolism. Some pro cyclists only have one heartbeat every three seconds at rest! That's a low metabolism!

Plus it made all the fat people who were adamant they had a slow metabolism, after a test after test, showing they had high metabolism cry. Especially after the diet guy simply said pizzas are for sharing...
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    @anduin That depends on the pizza, a £1 pizza from aldi is supposed to feed two, like hell does it.

I won'r lie though , I'm lucky to be thin considering the laxk of exercise i've done for 18 years
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    Nothing for me. Why change perfection?
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I have no idea why "Girls are repelled by" starts my post @wubble‌ . I should edit it out... But I believe the whole post is repellent to girls in general, perhaps some strange prophecy came out of my fingers... So I'm leaving it in...

Aldi pizzas? Yes. They are called poppadoms in other countries...
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I thought you were saying "Girls are repelled by @wubble" in a clever way.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156

I thought you were saying "Girls are repelled by @wubble" in a clever way.

Tbh it isn't too far from the truth...
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    It's okay, @wubble‌

Girls are usually repelled by awesome. ;)
  • YannirYannir Member Posts: 595

I make the same one I make every year, which is "stop freaking out about stupid stuff."

Also I'm taking a break from regular freelance writing to meet my other resolution, which is to finish the half-written novel I've had on the back burner for four years.

@Amber_Scott I'm gonna make the same promise about the 2nd half, or atleast try to get some work done on my novel. Or maybe start some shorter ones since my 1st idea turned out to be a 5-book series.. :smiley: Oh how they start living...

Btw, have you seen Brandon Sanderson's youtube-series on writing? There's some excellent pointers and tips for up-and-coming as well as beginner writers. The channel is named Write About Dragons, and it's a video-documentation of a series of lectures he gave on some american university. It's definitely worth checking out.
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    I'll check it out, thanks! He was a speaker last year at When Words Collide and really amazing from what I hear. Some friends of mine attended his panel and said he was a great speaker.