Skip to content

You know you like Christmas too much when...

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
1. You gather your party and roast chestnuts on an open fire and share them
2. You go out and buy a real Christmas Tree
3. You go Christmas carolling
4. You give toys to a children’s hospital
5. You put Christmas lights on the outside of your house
6. You get in the Christmas spirit by watching ‘It’s A Wonderful Life’
7. You take your kids to see Santa in the local ‘Santa’s Grotto’
8. You cook an entire Christmas dinner from scratch
9. You go and see the Nutcracker Theatre Show
10. You visit Santa Claus in Lapland
11. You make your own Christmas cards
12. You kiss someone underneath the mistletoe
13. If there is snow outside, you summon build a snowman
14. You don’t forget to put up your Christmas Stockings
15. You turn off the Television and spend time together (and play BG or IWD)

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    edited December 2014
    20. You have a tradition of going to your parents on Christmas Eve and spending the night so you can be there bright and early on Christmas Morning -- Even though you live like 40 minutes away.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643

20. You have a tradition of going to your parents on Christmas Eve and spending the night so you can be there bright and early on Christmas Morning -- Even though you live like 40 minutes away.

And you drag your wife along... and you make her watch "Meet Me in St. Louis" every year. :-)
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    bengoshi said:

This is not a poll, this is a thread of all our habits : )

^cool pic

I know, I was just joking :)
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    21. You watch Love Actually every year without fail and can almost quote it word for word
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    22. You make little paper santa hats for every gaming figurine you own
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    wubble said:

21. You watch Love Actually every year without fail and can almost quote it word for word

Bahahaha we just watched it last night!

My personal favourite:
    "Beautiful Aurelia, I've come here with a view of asking you to marriage me. I know I seems an insane person - because I hardly knows you - but sometimes things are so transparency, they don't need evidential proof. And I will inhabit here, or you can inhabit with me in England"
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    23. You watch Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" in every television version ever made, every year.

Yes, I actually do this. This year I did Kelsey Grammer's musical version, Patrick Stewart's version, James Caan's Muppets version, Jim Carrey's Disney version, and even Mr. Magoo's version.

My favorite is Kelsey Grammer's musical, especially Jason Alexander's Marley singing "Link by Link".

I was going to post a video clip, but apparently it's copyright-protected from being posted on YouTube. I did find an audio clip, though.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Link+By+Link/veYj9?src=5
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    You remind everyone that there is ONLY 11 months till Christmas Eve!
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    30. You summon a huge goat, the Yule Goat, to protect your town.

The Swedish town of Gävle has erected a giant version of the Yule Goat since 1966. And every year since, people have tried to torch it, kidnap it and otherwise harass the apparently rather expensive symbol of Christmas joy. At least 28 of the 45 goats have succumbed to what the authorities dub as “vandals.”

But, according to The Local, an English-language Swedish newspaper, “half of (Gävle's) inhabitants take pride in the giant animal, while the other half take equal pride in attempting to burn it down.”
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    31. You watch all 6 hours of Hogfather

32. You drive to three different stores to find one that isn't sold out of Christmas Lasers.

@BelgarathMTH What, no Scrooged?
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    @BillyYank , I've watched that one a couple or three times, but it's not one of my favorites, really. I don't like the ditzy Ghost of Christmas Past who keeps hitting him, and I don't like the crazy taxi driver Ghost of Christmas Present. Kudos to Bill Murray for doing it though. It was a very creative and funny modernization of the original material.

So far this year I've only watched my favorite, "A Christmas Carol Musical" with Kelsey Grammer and Jason Alexander. I've been too distracted by Star Wars fervor and anticipation (I finally get to see it tomorrow, yay! Merry Christmas to me!)

That "Link by Link" performance that Jason Alexander does as Marley's Ghost just never gets old to me. "Remember the Lights of Long Ago" and "God Bless Us Everyone" never fail to bring tears to my eyes, year after year. And I'm always left humming "Dancing On Your Grave" for days into the new year.

I may watch some of my dvd's of the older versions during the first few days after Christmas, if I can get my mind off Star Wars.