I have tried to recreate the Warlock class from 3.5. The primary goal of this was to discover a way to create modular spells, being able to choose an essence and shape for the eldritch blast in a convenient manner for the user. Cutting down the now 100+ different possible combinations to just 1 spell per essence and 1 spell per shape for the user to deal with.
Requires: BGEE: v2.1+ / SOD: v2.1+ / BG2EE: v2.1+ / IWDEE: v1.4
- Cleric Kit
- Priest spells are removed each level on a 1-second delay. Pregenerated Characters will have to remove them with a one-time ability in their special abilities menu. It should remove mod-added spells added to Spells.IDS.
- One Invocation can be switched out at each level a new invocation is not learned, up through level 21.
- A "Refresh" ability will always be in the last slot of the spell-select menu, to memorize any newly learned Invocations, and just in case anything else manages to drain them, like excessive level draining.
- Infuse Item ability omitted.
- Shaman Kit
- Planar Sphere Stronghold (SoA).
- Shamans are altered to use a similar dialogue-based spell selection. You should be able to uninstall the mod without breaking a shaman character, provided you have selected all your spells for the current level. AddSpell("SPSHMKN") to get the dialogue ability on pre-existing shamans.
- One Invocation(Warlock) or Spell(Shaman) can be switched out at each new level.
- All Invocations may be cast at-will, unlimited times per day.
- Must rest before being able to cast newly acquired spells/invocations.
- Detect magic ability run through Shaman Dance Modal.(placeholder)
- Detect Illusions at same as Shaman.(placeholder)
- Infuse Item ability pending.
- Can cast but not learn from Scrolls.
- Can equip any armor, but can only cast Invocations in "Light" armor.
- Can cast their invocations while equipped with a buckler or shields, however shields will slow down their spellcasting, larger the shield, slower they cast.
- Can become proficient in a variety of weapons, specifically excluded from heavy, two-handed, or exotic weapons(Two-handed Sword, Bastard Sword, Katana, Halberd, Flail/Morning-star, and Longbow), though they can still equip these weapons. Can only take Single Weapon Style Proficiency.
- Blast damage starts at 1d6, and increases another 1d6 at level 3, 5, 8, 11, 14, 18, 22, 26, and 30, with either a to-hit requirement or allowing a save vs. spell/breath for half damage(evasion also considered).
- Eldritch Blast, Eldritch Blow(a melee variant), and Eldritch Chain all gain +2 Thac0 for each Essence known, to compensate for true touch-attack accuracy not being possible, as well as a +3 bonus to offset non-proficiency.
- Eldritch Claw and Glaive strike as a +0 Magical Weapon at level 1, gaining a +1 Enchantment bonus(Thac0 only) at level 3, 6 ,9, 12, and 15. Eldritch Touch attacks strike as +6 magical weapons.
- The default Eldritch Blast damage type is currently "magic", due to technical difficulties.
- Invocations are chosen and replaced through an invisible-creature Dialogue, with complete descriptions for each invocation available for browsing at any time.
- Damage Reduction implemented as resistance to Physical Damage types (Crushing, Piercing, Slashing, Missile), ranging from 10%(L3) to 34%(L30).
- Energy Resistance implemented similarly, still doesn't apply until level 10, but it increases every level instead of
every 10 levels. Starts at 10%(L10), up to 30%(L30).
- Fiendish Resilience is at-will and permanent, but dispellable. It provides a constitution boost, using the
regeneration of high Constitution values to represent its effects, so the amount healed is reduced to about 10% of the original short-duration ability. Starts at 20Con(L8), up to 25Con(L18).
- 24 hour duration invocations were made permanent, dispellable, on/off toggles.
Invocations, list + short descriptions:
- Shapes -
Start: Eldritch Blast: Ranged touch attack.
Start: Eldritch Blow: Melee touch attack.
Least: Eldritch Claw: Create a magical blade, 1d3 slashing, 2 APR, minor Eldritch Blast when it strikes. You are considered Specialized with the claw.
Least: Hideous Blow -> Eldritch Weapon: Delivers the Eldritch Blast through your equipped weapon, melee or ranged. Will dispel other Eldritch attack abilities.
Least: Eldritch Burst: Very short and small AoE, save vs. spell for half. Will hit yourself if the target is too close(unarmed/dagger range).
Lesser: Eldritch Glaive: Create a magical halberd, 1d10 slashing, 1 APR, minor Eldritch Blast when it strikes. You are considered Specialized with the claw.
Lesser: Eldritch Chain: Party friendly Chain-lightning effect for the Eldritch Blast. +1 target per 5 levels.
Lesser: Eldritch Ward: Protective Ward, +AC, Elemental Resistance, or Immunities depending on Blast Essence. Will end if any other Blast shape is used.
Greater: Eldritch Cone: Indiscriminate Cone shape for the Eldritch Blast.
Greater: Eldritch Line: Bolt that bounces off walls and harmfully passes through creatures.
Greater: Wall of Perilous Flames -> Wall of Eldritch Flames: Made this a blast shape by turning the "half supernatural" part of this invocation to be tied to your current Blast Essence, but the total damage is the same as the original (2d6 + level per round).
Dark: Eldritch Doom: Party Friendly, self-target "fireball" effect.
Dark: Eldritch Embrace: Every successful attack made by or against the warlock triggers a minor Eldritch Blast when striking/struck.
- Essences -
Start: Eldritch Blast: Nothing but damage.
Least: Frightful Blast: Save vs. Spell or Panic (1 Round). 6+HD immune. Turn Undead.
Least: Beshadowed Blast: Save vs. Spell or Blind (1 Round).
Least: Rupturing Blast: Save vs. Death or Knockdown. No damage. Ignores Magic Resistance. Repeated use has only 25% success.
Lesser: Permeating Blast: Magic damage, single target blasts have small AoE effect, AoE blasts are party friendly and offer no save for half damage.
Lesser: Hellrime Blast: Cold+Piercing damage, Save vs. Spell or -4 AC and Thac0(4 Rounds). 1 point of Cold damage, rest is piercing, to avoid item-destruction deaths.
Lesser: Brimstone Blast: Fire damage, Save vs Spell or 2d6 fire damage per round (1+1 round per 5 levels).
Greater: Bewitching Blast: Save vs. Spell or Confused (1 Round).
Greater: Noxious Blast: Disease(Poison) damage, Save vs. Spell or Nauseated(Disease:Slow)(4 Rounds).
Greater: Vitriolic Blast: Acid damage, extra 2d6 acid damage per round (1+1 round per 5 levels) Save vs. Death for half. Ignores Magic Resistance.
Dark: Binding Blast: Electrical damage, Save vs. Spell or Stun (1 Round).
Dark: Penetrating Blast: If resisted, targets Magic Resistance is lowered by 2% per Blast Die.
Dark: Utterdark Blast: Negative Energy(Poison) damage, Save vs. Spell or 2 levels drained. Heals undead. Poison damage used since everything necessary should have immunity to it.
- Least -
Entropic Warding: 40% miss chance for all missile attacks, also has a chance to stop Acid and Flame arrow spells, and Magic Stone spell.
Spiderstride: Increased movement speed and immunity to the Entangle, Grease, and Web spells.
See the Unseen: Permanent Infravision. Cure Blindness, Dispel Invisibility and low-level illusions each time it is cast. Non interruptive instant cast.
Baleful Utterance: Knock
Summon Swarm: Deals 1 damage per round to target creature and each creature within its melee range.
Earthen Grasp: Animates the ground to grapple the targeted creature for 2 rounds.
One's Own Luck: Improves a single save, based on level. +1(L1), up to +5(L9).
Leaps and Bounds: Evasion ability and immunity to Knockback.(Updates existing BG2EE spells to allow evasion, won't work against spells installed afterwards if they aren't coded for it)
Darkness: Anyone in the area is functionally blind and invisible.
Soulreaving Aura: Aura absorbs the energy of any creature slain by the Warlocks Invocations, granting caster 1 Temporary HP for 1 Turn.
- Lesser -
Charm: Same as spell, except usable once per creature per 24hrs.
The Dead Walk: Animate Dead Spell(BG version). The Undead constantly degrade, losing Max HP over time for each one currently summoned.
Flee the Scene: 1 Round Mislead + Teleport.
Stony Grasp: Animates the ground to grapple the targeted creature for 1 round per level, up to 1 turn.
Voracious Dispelling: I have tried to get this to function as close to the original as possible, however damage is a
constant 1d4 per source instead of cumulative spell-level.
Walk Unseen: Invisibility.
Fell Flight: Spiderstride + Immunity to Hold, Sleep, and Unconsciousness.
Battlecaster: Allows casting in all Chain and Splint mail armors.
Hungry Darkness: Anyone in the area is functionally blind and invisible. Swarm of Bats attacks a random creature in the darkness every round for 2d6 piercing damage.
Disembodied Hand: Detach your hand to act independently. Hand may attack using an Eldritch Blow and Hide in Shadow/Move Silently, but caster cannot attack and suffers casting speed penalty. Can be upgraded to use Eldritch Claws.
Weighty Utterance: Weighs target down, immobilizing and crushing it for 1d6 damage per 2 levels. Knocks winged-flyers unconscious(1 round).
Sudden Swarm: A small, poisonous spider bursts from the corpse of any creature slain by the Warlocks Invocations, spider is allied but not controllable.
Spidershape: Polymorph self into a small spider.
- Greater -
Chilling Tentacles: Attacks up to 4 different creatures within its area for 1d6+4 crushing damage each round, attempting to grapple them. Large Creatures immune to the grappling. 2d6 cold damage per round.(4 Rounds).
Devour Magic: Same as Voracious, a constant 5 temp. HP per source instead of cumulative spell level.
Tenacious Plague: Similar to Insect Plague spell, except 2d6 magic damage per round. (3 Rounds).
Caustic Mire: Grease + 6 acid damage per round. -25% fire resist to creatures. (3 Rounds).
Painful Slumber: Permanent Sleep + 10% HP damage on-hit-wake.
Nightmares Made Real: Self-centered area of Illusions(Blindness and Invisibility to all(no save)), Enemies must Save vs Spell or 1d6 damage and entangle each round. (3 Rounds).
Demonic Grace: Fell Flight + Immunity to Paralysis and Stun.
Enervating Shadow: Partial Invisibility, shadows lash out at any striking you, draining living creatures of strength.
Empowered Hand: Detach your hand to act independently. Hand may attack using an Eldritch Blast and Hide in Shadow/Move Silently, but caster cannot attack and suffers casting speed penalty. Can be upgraded to use Eldritch Chain, Flee the Scene, and Walk Unseen.
Devil's Whispers: Charm non-hostile creatures if they fail a save vs. spell, creatures do not become hostile afterwards, but do become hostile if they succeed their save.
Demonic Toughness: Gain temporary HP = Caster level, last 8 hours or until damage is taken. Cannot be used in combat, cannot be re-freshed while active.
Hellspawned Grace: Polymorph self into a hellcat.
- Dark -
Dark Discorporation: Polymorph self into swarm of bats. Swarm immunities/ vulnerabilities, auto-hit attack all enemies within your swarm for 4d6 nonlethal damage.
Retributive Invisibility: Improved Invisibility, 4d6 damage and stun to surrounding creatures if dispelled. Save vs.spell for half and avoid stun.
Word of Changing: Power Word, Polymorph (60HP). Polymorph for one round or permanent (Save vs. polymorph). Feeblemind or Panic for one round (Save vs. Spell).
Dark Foresight: Base AC:0, +4 Thac0, Save vs. Spell and Breath, Immunity to Backstab/Sneak Attack, and Time Stop. Prepare 1 Least, Lesser, or Greater Invocation in a Contingency. Must be re-cast twice to renew the contingency(once to remove, and again to reapply).
Path of Shadow: Shadow Walk with nearby allies(1 Round). Restores 5% HP.
Caster's Lament: Break Enchantment, Transmutation, and Curse effects on targeted creature.
Perilous Veil: Energy forms around all creatures in range to conceal their identities from enemies. Enemies failing a save vs. spell become confused, those that succeed the save are attacked by the energy concealing them for 5d6 damage. Mindless creatures automatically take the damage.
Invocations with a duration of "Permanent/Dispellable", function as a on/off toggle(if for whatever reason you want to remove them yourself). All Blast Essences function this way as well, but are also automatically deactivated when you activate another one. Eldritch Wards function similarly, except that Wards for different essences will switch out instead of deactivating.
Eldritch Essences may be switched out instantly without disrupting spellcasting. Other abilities that should be always "on" but cannot due to engine limitations, such as see invisibility(See the Unseen) or their detect magic ability, can also be cast instantly without disrupting or interfering with spellcasting as often as desired.
- Lord of All Essences: Apply 2 blast essences to a single Eldritch attack, each at half-strength.
- Blast Focusing (Secondary Blast Essence): Primary Blast effects gains a -6 save penalty. Frightful blast has no level cap. Requires Lord of All Essences.
- Hellfire Blast (Secondary Blast Essence): Deals maximum damage for each blast die. Requires Lord of All Essences.
- Eldritch Implosion (Blast Shape): Collapse creatures into an implosion, dealing damage every 2 seconds for 1 round. Damage dealt: 1d6+1/level. 4 Round Cooldown. Requires Lord of All Essences.
- Commander of All Essences: Summon a magical creature based on your blast essence for 1 turn, the Party may only have one such creature alive at a time:
Eldritch - Gauth
Frightful - Nishruu Beshadowed - Dust Elemental Rupturing - Flying Blade
Permeating - Djinni Hellrime - Ice Elemental Brimstone - Fire Elemental
Bewitching - Umber Hulk Noxious - Mummy Vitriolic - Mustard Jelly
Binding - Lightning(Air) Elemental Penetrating - Wisp Utterdark - Vampire
- Verminlord: Insects, Beetles, Ankhegs, Carrion Crawlers, and Spiders now see you as their master, and will not attack or distract you, even when conjured by others. If known, the Charm invocation will now affect vermin as well, permanently with no save. Requires Tenacious Plague.
- Dark Transient: Activates your Flee the Scene Invocation with improved and/or altered effects:
Unlimited range teleport, normal range party-wide teleport, or unlimited range party wide teleport to your location. Requires Flee the Scene.
- Energy Resistance(Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire): May take those not chosen at level 10.
- Alchemy: Same as rogue HLA.
- Scribe Scroll: Same as rogue HLA.
- Craft Wand: Similar to Scribe scroll, low- and mid-level wands, 10 charges.
- Battlecaster: Same as the Lesser Invocation. Can be taken without or to replace the lesser invocation, allowing another to be chosen.
- Armored Caster: Allows casting in all armor. Requires Battlecaster.
- Eldritch Sculptor: Eldritch Blast and Blow improved to 2 APR.
- Claw Mastery: Grandmaster Proficiency for Eldritch Claws and Two-Weapon Style.
- Glaive Mastery: Grandmaster Proficiency for Edlritch Glaive and Two-Handed Style.
- Maximize Chain: Upgrade Eldritch Chain to hit all secondary targets at full strength, instead of half strength.
- Extend Chain: Upgrade Eldritch Chain to hit one additional secondary target. Can be taken twice.
- Extra Invocation: One extra invocation of any tier.
Optional: Charisma and Intelligence requirements to learn invocations:
- 10CHA: Least Invocations, 10INT: 1 invocation per tier
- 12CHA: Lesser Invocations, 12INT: 2 invocations per tier
- 14CHA: Greater Invocations, 14INT: 3 invocations per tier
- 16CHA: Dark Invocations
There are 2 Installers:
WARLOCK - Main kit mod
WARLOCK_UPDATE_ADDITIONS - If other mods are installed after the Main kit, this can be installed last to update items, spells, and the Main kit as necessary for any added content - removing added priest spells from the Warlock, adding checks for evasion, battlecaster, dispelling, spell immunities, and blast shape removal/cleanup.