Skip to content

BG1 Unfinished Business v16.0

Comments

• MaurvirMaurvir Member Posts: 1,090
    I installed the last known version of UB, and it seems to have broken the Prism quest. Taking out the bounty hunter failed to trigger the next part of his quest. Weirder, after taking him out the first time, he spawns a second time with different dialog. I get a second copy of everything, but Prism is still standing around.

I do have the Isra mod installed as well, which depends on Prism's demise, but that portion worked correctly prior to installing UB. In order to get Isra as a NPC companion, I had to deal with Prism. Fortunately, I was able to work around it with an "assisted suicide", but that meant there was no way to finish his work. I was thankful that this didn't cause a rep loss, but it was a bit unfortunate.

I'm also worried that uninstalling this component would break my current save game, and since I seem to be past the hiccup, I'm going to ignore it.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    edited December 2019
    @ArthasII
    Branwen and Tranzig will exchange words at FIeldpost's Inn when you go to meet him there after finishing the Nashkel mines. If Branwen is in the party at the time the two of them will come to blows.
    [Deleted User]
    Zaghoul
    @ArthasII That's correct. That's the only place they will be able to have the exchange of words.
    [Deleted User]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    @ArthasII I'm reasonably sure they only appear if you get the quest first. They won't be there before reaching BG and speaking with him in the tavern.
    [Deleted User]
  • kungfuhobbitkungfuhobbit Member Posts: 168
    Are some components of BG1UB and UB already built into the EE's but other components are not?
  • HenaniganHenanigan Member Posts: 38
    Are some components of BG1UB and UB already built into the EE's but other components are not?

There's a list of components 'included or superceded by BGEE' in the OP, I think (the change log)
    Zaghoul
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666

the ub content added by the ee will not install if you use the mod.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    ArthasII wrote: »
    2) @jastey am I wrong or you worked on the prism component this mod has?
    Sorry didn't see this earlier @ArthasII . The component is by plainab but I also worked on implementing it.

bg1ub updates to v16.1!

v16.1 comes with bugfixes and a completed Russian translation by d0lphin.

Currently, the new version is only availbale from the official PPG GitHub Mirror.
    PPG Download page will be updated soon.

Changes:
    - Russian version completed by d0lphin.
    - Component "Additional Elminster Encounter" will be skipped for BGT (encounter is already restored in BGT)
    - Component "Coran and the Wyverns" will be skipped for BGT: Wyvern is already unique, and dialogue fix currently destroys Coran's greetings dialogue.
    - "Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations": Watch on 6th floor should not constantly try to talk to the PC.
    - Readme renamed to README.bg1ub.english.html.
    - bg1ub.ini with mod info added.
    Ludwig_IIAaeightAedanhook71
    bg1ub updates to v16.2!

Main changes are that the componant "Coran & the Wyvern" is available for BGT again, until Coran's dialogue will be fixed in BGT directly, and Svlast the fallen Paladin will be at his spot every time of day (not only at night).

Changes:
    - Re-eabled Coran and The Wyvern component for BGT
    - Svlast will be at his place at all times of day.
    - Moved NimFurlwing and her dogs further south to make the encounter compatible with Aurora Shoes and Boots which spawns a great horde of monsters where bg1ub placed the Furlwing encounter originally.
    - Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations: Watch on level 6 will now have same random dialogue as the watches on the other library levels (spawn watch9.cre instead of custom version of watch2).
    AaeightAedanhook71Gusinda
    bg1ub updates to 16.3!
    The new version comes with an updated Russian translation by d0lphin.
    hook71AedanGusinda
  • CaedwyrCaedwyr Member Posts: 176
    I recently completed a playthrough of BG1 with my games bookclub and here are our/my thoughts on BG1 Unfinished Business:

BG1 Unfinished Business: This mod was largely invisible with the base game. I don't think anyone identified any of the content as being mod content. I used the following components and did not have any issues. Highly recommended to flesh out your adventure.

1. Ice Island Level 2 Restoration
    2. Scar and the Sashenstar's Daughter
    3. Quonigar, the Cleric
    4. Shilo Chen and the Ogre-Magi
    5. Edie, the Merchant League Applicant
    6. Creature Corrections
    7. Creature Restorations
    8. Creature Name Restorations
    9. Minor Dialogue Restorations
    10. Store, Tavern and Inn Fixies and Restorations
    11. Item Corrections and Restorations
    12. Duke Eltan in the Harbor Master's Building
    13. Nim Furlwing Encounter
    14. Svlast, the Fallen Paladin Encounter
    15. Mal-kalen, the Ulcaster Ghost
    16. Chapter 6 Dialogue Restorations
    jasteyStummvonBordwehrMiraStastny
  • Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @jastey, Thank you for continuing the support for this mod!!
    jastey
  • SBlackSBlack Member Posts: 32
    During Scar's extended missing persons quest there seems to be a mismatch between the dialogue and the reward. He says I earned an extra 3000 gold, but gives 4000

lfr9qydsf9zj.jpg
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,295
    edited August 2021
    SBlack wrote: »
    During Scar's extended missing persons quest there seems to be a mismatch between the dialogue and the reward. He says I earned an extra 3000 gold, but gives 4000

lfr9qydsf9zj.jpg

That is actually correct as is. When he gives you the quest he promises a 1000 gold reward and then he gives you a 3000 gold bonus (so on top) for returning the body. So:

1000 gold promised reward +
    3000 gold bonus
    4000 gold total
    jastey
  • SBlackSBlack Member Posts: 32
    Ah, that makes sense :o
  • PokotaPokota Member Posts: 858
    In reference to this EET thread, is there planned support for EET given the mod already supports BGT?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @jastey is the current maintainer of BG1UB from what I can tell. What do you say regarding Pokota's request for BG1UB to be made natively EET compatible?
    @Pokota @Endarire There is no reason not to make the mod natively EET compatible, it would be awesome to have it. It's not as trivial as for other quest mods, though as bg1ub also tweaks quite a little behind the scenes, so every inserted and tweaked ressource would have to be checked for EET compatibility, which includes intensive testing. This plus a tp2 syntax I am not familiar with means that I will not bring the mod to that level. (I did EET compatibility for BG1NPC where almost noone gave feedback so I wouldn't even know how to test an EET version nowadays.)
    StummvonBordwehr
    As long as it doesn't cause issues with EET, and it doesn't seem to, I'm not sure it would be worth it. Sure, it would be nice to have all the mods I use EET compatible, but it's not that big of a deal.

I would add that I really enjoy BG1NPC btw. It really is nice to have the same sorts of NPC interactions in the BG1 portion of the game.
    jastey
    edited October 2021
    @Maurvir my comment was addressed to the EET compatibility of BG1NPC, only. I released it asking for testers or feedback and got almost nothing but some random bug reports half a year later. That's (modders') life, and I know that, I'm just lamenting. But if a mod like that doesn't activate players then I won't even start with bg1ub where literally everything would need to be tested thoroughly. "Never change a running system" is probably a good choice in this case.
    Permidion_StarkAaemforeverStummvonBordwehr
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    So, just to be clear. It's just a matter of installing it prior to EET and I'll be fine?
  • EndarireEndarire Member Posts: 1,512
    @jastey
    Thankee!
    Cahir wrote: »
    So, just to be clear. It's just a matter of installing it prior to EET and I'll be fine?

That appears to be the case. I had it in my last run, and the extra content appeared to work fine. It probably helps that it is BG1 content that has no connection with BG2 or SoD content, so even if the chapter checks weren't technically correct, they would work anyway.