Skip to content

The Ongoing Quiz ...

JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
Think this may have been on the previous Baldur's Gate forums (the Bioware ones) but here's how it works ... I ask a question about Baldur's Gate and whoever answers it gets to ask a question themselves. If someone beats you to it, do the good thing and edit your post saying so.

Right, so here goes ...

Who was once buried alive?

GO!

Comments

• ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Tirdir!

To whom can your character deliver the awesome line of conversation "We are the Gibberlings Three. As merry a band as you ever did see."?
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    Shin said:

Tirdir!

To whom can your character deliver the awesome line of conversation "We are the Gibberlings Three. As merry a band as you ever did see."?

I was actually looking for Viconia but Tirdir will suffice :)

As for your question, I remember the line but definitely can't remember who! So I'll leave it for someone else to answer.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,316
    @Shin Uncle Gerhardt in the Jansen home.

Who was the person who hired goons to put a curse on Jaheira?
  • vindolandiavindolandia Member Posts: 5
    @Elminster Baron Ployer

Who is the world's only exploding ogre?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    Oopah.
    What is the name of the guard on the Second Level of the Iron Throne?
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Oopah.

who said "Halt! Be you friend... or be you foe?!"
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    LadyRhian said:

What is the name of the guard on the Second Level of the Iron Throne?

Dra'tan, the guy who you can ask to stab you in the eye if you come back with silver eyes, right?
    raywind said:

Who said "Halt! Be you friend... or be you foe?!"

Ajantis

Rumor has it that the tavern wenches in the Friendly Arm Inn are what exactly?

• AvengerLynxAvengerLynx Member Posts: 24
    @Drugar
    Iron Golems (disguised by illusionary means)

What was Jon Irenicus' original name going to be, and how does this tie in with a sub-plot in BG1?
    edited August 2012

@Drugar

What was Jon Irenicus' original name going to be, and how does this tie in with a sub-plot in BG1?

Jon Icarus! He cursed Centeol for some reason that eludes me, I believe that she loved him but his heart belonged to another.

Alright lemme think of a good'un ...

Alright, here goes, by what title does Davaeorn's brother go by? Clue, you encounter him along the Sword Coast.
    edited August 2012
    (comment removed)
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94

@Drugar

Alright, here goes, by what title does Davaeorn's brother go by? Clue, you encounter him along the Sword Coast.

The Surgeon. He heals up your party on the map south of Candlekeep.

In BG2, what is the secret name that the merchant requires to finish the skin suit in Umar Hills?
    edited August 2012
    Darcin Cole

"Used no net
    Knew no fear
    Made mis-step
    Wound up here"

Where (in any of the BG games) can you find this quote?
  • SallparadiseSallparadise Member Posts: 94
    Nashkell Graveyard.

What was the name of the being in the jar in the Firewine Ruins?
    edited August 2012
    Khark

What was the name of the mage in the Underdark who you can free from an imprisonment spell (using Freedom)?
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 137
    Vithal

Which NPC drops ring of gaxx ?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    So much wisdom and insight in this thread.

@Duron Kangaxx, the legendary demi-lich.

Who gets into trouble after getting some gong lessons?
    edited August 2012
    Shin said:

So much wisdom and insight in this thread.

@Duron Kangaxx, the legendary demi-lich.

Who gets into trouble after getting some gong lessons?

Vittorio the beggar?

Alright, hope I worked this one out correctly, but name the 2 noble joinable NPCs from Baldur's Gate 1, the 3 noble joinable NPCs from Baldur's Gate 2 and the 2 noble joinable NPCs in both games. By noble I just mean their background / birth, so that's 7 NPC names I'm after!
    @Jaxsbudgie Ajantis, and Skie from BG1, Anomen, Nalia and Valygar in BG2, and Jaheira and Viconia (who is of the House De'Vir).

Name the God worshipped in the temple uncovered by the Archaeologists.
    LadyRhian said:

@Jaxsbudgie Ajantis, and Skie from BG1, Anomen, Nalia and Valygar in BG2, and Jaheira and Viconia (who is of the House De'Vir).

All correct apart from Ajantis, I'll give you a hint, this character makes a brief appearance in BG2 :)
    Ajantis's background says he's noble.

When asked about his past, Ajantis announces that he is a squire-paladin of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, and that he enforces the power and discipline of Helm. He belongs to the noble family of Ilvastarr in Waterdeep, and has studied swordplay under such luminaries as Myrmith Splendon. His skill and devotion apparently brought him to the attention of the paladin Keldorn, one of the most respected of the order, who decided to take Ajantis under his wing as a squire.

Safana, then.
    @Jaxisbudgie Ajantis's background says he's noble.

When asked about his past, Ajantis announces that he is a squire-paladin of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, and that he enforces the power and discipline of Helm. He belongs to the noble family of Ilvastarr in Waterdeep, and has studied swordplay under such luminaries as Myrmith Splendon. His skill and devotion apparently brought him to the attention of the paladin Keldorn, one of the most respected of the order, who decided to take Ajantis under his wing as a squire.

Safana, then.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    Koza!!!!!

What weapon belonged to the fisherman's father, that lives directly south of baldur's gate? Hint: they upset a priestess of an evil goddess.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    edited August 2012
    His +1 flail
    Name the password :p
    Actually: Who is the guy who tries to steal the golden pantaloons off you in baldurs gate?
    @ajwz "Walt sent me." ;) No, it's Fafhrd.

Name the characters in the picture in Waukeen's Promenade... the ones who died badly...
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    @LadyRhian I remember I had just read Swords Against Wizardry before playing Baldur's Gate and when I saw the name Fafhrd as a possible answer, I couldn't help but try that out.
    @Humanoid_Taifun And "Walt sent me" is from "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" And I will always remember that picture because I used to watch that cartoon. ;)
    LadyRhian said:

Name the characters in the picture in Waukeen's Promenade... the ones who died badly...

Is it Hank and Bobby from the D&D cartoon?

Perhaps an obscure one here, but which BG2 NPC nearly had a lycanthropy related personal quest that was later written out as being too 'exotic'?
    @Jaxsbudgie Sort of. I think they were all there. And Cernd.

Who is involved in the love triangle in Baldur's Gate?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Razmazith, Ragefast and the nymph
    also lol at who framed roger rabbit - the original portable hole and sentient magic items :)

Ill ask again: Who is the guy who take the golden pantaloons off you in baldurs gate?