Skip to content

The Ongoing Quiz ...

Comments

• LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Shin Minsc?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @LadyRhian No. Or well, technically yes, but with the character I have in mind the people commenting on it using that phrasing is like a running gag.
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Shin Garrick?
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    @Shin Tiax?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    @Anduin is correct, it's indeed Garrick.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    How many liches decided to make thier home in Athkatla? (I bet you get it wrong)
  • Humanoid_TaifunHumanoid_Taifun Member Posts: 1,063
    @ajwz That depends on your level, does it not?
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    as far asI am aware there is not a single random spawn lich possiblity inside athkatla? If there is then unique liches only
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    /me doesn't remember any of this stuff. Teflon memory?
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    I can't tell if there's a question still open or not ... so I'm going to get the ball rolling

What two characters die by your hand in Baldur's Gate 1 and then die by each others hands (well only one dies, but it varies upon reloading) in Baldur's Gate 2?

Hint, their mother is in Baldur's Gate the city and they're both terrible, terrible fighters ...
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    @Jaxsbudgie As I missed my question... Please can I have another clue? Please mister quizmaster Jaxsbudgie. This one too hard...
    edited August 2012
    Anduin said:

@Jaxsbudgie As I missed my question... Please can I have another clue? Please mister quizmaster Jaxsbudgie. This one too hard...

Alright, last hint.

They're brothers after the same girl.

edited August 2012
    @Jaxsbudgie is it Carbos and Shank? Not sure but they're fighting over Bubbles lol.

My question if I got it right...
    What is the name of the woman hunting ankegs south of baldur's gate?

Edited because auto correct wanted me to write anklets instead of ankegs
    They're not brothers. In Baldur's Gate 1, one's a halfling, the other is a man. In Baldur's Gate 2, it seems the halfling has changed form.
    It's Xzar and Montaron obviously. ;)
    Seriously though, I don't think that was their mother in Baldur's Gate. Didn't she say "cousin"?

Seriously though, I don't think that was their mother in Baldur's Gate. Didn't she say "cousin"?
    You are correct! kinda ... looking online it looks like she's actually lying and wants you to kill them because they owe her money!
    Of course, technically, the real question is still about liches in Athkatla.
    edited August 2012
    @Xavioria Gerde.

Whose name is on the gravestone of Daer'Ragh?
  • Ulfgar_TorunnUlfgar_Torunn Member Posts: 169
    @LadyRhian: Mark Darragh's name is on the tombstone.

How many times must you assign orders for a character to activate one of their voiced responses if you have the response frequency set to 'Seldom'?
    @Ulfgar_Torunn Actually, it's Mark D., but I'll accept that. :D
  • DuronDuron Member Posts: 137
    I'll be honest and say that at this moment I got lost at the whose question is next.

I see that there is a Lich unanswered question above so I'll answer that one and leave it for someone else to answher Ulfgar's question and his beeing next.

So Lich question is.... "DRUM ROLL!!!!".... answer 6!

Lich #1: Gate District in the Crooked Crane

Kangaxx: Docks District (no need to say anything mre then his name)

Nevaziah: Graveyard District, Lower Tombs (easiest lich in the game imo)

Elemental Lich: Bridge District, Same house as the Twisted Rune (originally I thought that this guy was hard as hell till I met Kangaxx)

Shade Lich: Temple District, Sewers, Old Tunnels (just like elemental lich)

Shangalar: Bridge District, Twisted Rune (Bloody hard with the rest of the bunch)

Okey, now with the lich question out of the way I'll repeat Ulfgar's question:

How many times must you assign orders for a character to activate one of their voiced responses if you have the response frequency set to 'Seldom'?
  • cloakanddaggercloakanddagger Member Posts: 111
    So i can't tell if there is a new question or if an answer just hasn't been given.

NEW QUESTION

During which quest are you asked to solve a riddle, to which the answer is: Nothing? Bonus to whoever can name the person asking the riddle, and who can remember the riddle.
    woops sorry i guess i needed to refresh the page.
    Okay... Um @Duron I believe the answer is just once as long as its the first time.... Either that or ten. And @cloakanddagger I think it was in spellhold in the room with the big table and four nobles... Forgot what their names were. I'm thinking the riddle was this: "it is better than the best of things, and worse of the worst of things, you fear it more than death and love it more than life, the rich have need of it and the poor have it in endless supply." or something like that. I might have gotten the first question wrong.

My question: what item does the Man Brevlik want you to steal? Hint: He is indirectly responsible for your initial meeting with Alora
    @Xavioria well thats not the instance I was citing, but I also think you are right, now that I think about it I think the game uses that answer twice, the instance I was talking about is the quest in Waukeens Promenade, it's the circus tent quest and the riddle is "The Poor have it, the rich need it, and if either of them were to eat it, they would surely die" It's the Genie who's name I can't remember, this is right before you have the opportunity to add Aerie to your group.
    @cloakanddagger Ataqah? I didn't even know he asked that... I thought all he asked was that prince and princess question about ages.
    Neither did I. Do you need to answer incorrectly the first time, or what triggers this second riddle?
    @Xavioria The telescope from the Hall of Wonders.

At whose house do you pretend to be a cat, and what response lets you get away when they say they don't have a cat?

Neither did I. Do you need to answer incorrectly the first time, or what triggers this second riddle?

The idea is that you are meant to answer the question correctly before asking another. I think people are doing OK, just that things have got a bit messy that's all. Plus there seem to be multiple answers to several of the questions, so perhaps people could be more specific in their questioning?
    @Jaxsbudgie I was referring to @cloakanddagger's question. I did not know that the genie had a second riddle to ask.
    @LadyRhian Gantolenden's house (not sure about the spelling). You end up saying that you're a stray, and then he says, oh that makes sense... Lmao.

My question: what item does the basilisk in the warehouse in baldur's gate, always drops? It is used often as a key item in a different unrelated quest