Skip to content

The Ongoing Quiz ...

Comments

• Doom972Doom972 Member Posts: 150
    edited September 2012
    LadyRhian said:

@Humanoid_Taifun Jan Janssen!

When does TIAX say he will rule later, and why?

When he's met at Spellhold, because he can't really do anything.

What was Viconia's first act of defiance against the will of Lolth?
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    She refused to kill a baby!

What was the name of Abazigal's son?
  • Jared4242Jared4242 Member Posts: 130
    Draconis!

What is the name of the leader of Gullykin?
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694
    @Doom872 Close... when he shrinks his undies three sizes, and it's because he needs to catch his breath.

@jared4242 Gandolar

What are the five tests in Hell?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Bringing back an old thread solely because a question came to my mind... :)

@LadyRhian Greed, Panic, Pride, Selfish, and Sarevok (or him as a wraith of himself)

What was the name of the organisation from which Mae'var was trying to gain support from in order to take leadership over Renal Bloodscalp's Shadow Thieves guild?
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,344
    @elminster The Night Masks.

Where did Captain Dennis's mother's gong end up?
  • JaxsbudgieJaxsbudgie Member Posts: 600
    @Shin

With a friendly ogre in the troll mound I believe.

What NPC quotes a famous quote by Mae West?
    @Jaxsbudgie Technically he's not in the actual troll mound, but otherwise yes.
    @Shin ahh I always call the Druid Grove the Troll Mound! But yeah, he (or is it a she?) is in that derelict tower with the cow in the Druid Grove!

I'll quote my question again to avoid confusion:

What NPC quotes a famous quote by Mae West?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    Also - Mae'var is getting support from the Night Knives, not the night masks. Sorry to be pedantic, but I am.

As for Mae West quotes, I dunno. She had a few good 'uns according to google though.
    Corvino said:

Also - Mae'var is getting support from the Night Knives, not the night masks. Sorry to be pedantic, but I am.

Hmm, yes. It appears this gets changed to Night Masks, possibly in the game text update of the G3 fixpack, which suggests it may have earlier origins. I reckon the change was made as the Night Masks are an actual organization in FR lore, whereas the Night Knives are (likely) only mentioned in this one instance. I guess it's debatable which option is more likely to be correct.

• TherasTaneelTherasTaneel Member Posts: 5
    Must be Xzar's "Montaron! I...I never loved you!" (upon the death of said companion) could be her "Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile." :)

Must be Xzar's "Montaron! I...I never loved you!" (upon the death of said companion) could be her "Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile." :)

Nope!

@Shin The Night Masks are a thieves guild in Westgate. Their leader, known as the "Faceless" wore a mask which magically obscured his face with shadows and smoke, He was defeated by Alias and her Saurial, Dragonbait, and was revealed to be Victor Dhostar, one of the scions of a noble house in the city. The name of the Book? "Masquerades".

And it's Safana. "When I'm good, I'm very, very good, but when I'm bad, I'm better." and "Between Two evils, I always choose the one I haven't tried."

Who tells you about their "Speedy Delivery" in Baldur's Gate?
  • TherasTaneelTherasTaneel Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2012
    LadyRhian said:

Who tells you about their "Speedy Delivery" in Baldur's Gate?

A guy named Mick Feeley,

What are the name of Nalia's three dogs? (Or at least they are at the de'Arnise keep)

@TherasTaneel Spots, Rex, Sparky and Rover

What does Yoshimo say in actual Japanese?
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited September 2012

@Drugar

What was Jon Irenicus' original name going to be, and how does this tie in with a sub-plot in BG1?

Jon Icarus! He cursed Centeol for some reason that eludes me, I believe that she loved him but his heart belonged to another.
    I wonder if they'll fix the spelling in BG:EE... I'm sure they will.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,317
    Shin said:

Corvino said:

Hmm, yes. It appears this gets changed to Night Masks, possibly in the game text update of the G3 fixpack, which suggests it may have earlier origins. I reckon the change was made as the Night Masks are an actual organization in FR lore, whereas the Night Knives are (likely) only mentioned in this one instance. I guess it's debatable which option is more likely to be correct.

Yea I would have corrected you (because I was aware of the difference) but I think it was actually corrected because it was a mistake in the original game, so I just went with it :)
  • RedcoatRedcoat Member Posts: 31
    LadyRhian said:

@TherasTaneel Spots, Rex, Sparky and Rover

What does Yoshimo say in actual Japanese?

If I recall correctly:

(When selected): "So desu ne?" (Rather hard to translate, means something akin to "I see," "uh-huh," "of course."
    (Confirming action): "Yokatta" (Means something like "Good!" or "I'm so glad!"
    (Critical Hit): "Kiai!" (Essentially a shout or battle cry that accompanies a move in Japanese martial arts)

The question: What real-life historical figure (or at least someone bearing his name) shows up in a sidequest in BG2?

@Redcoat Infamous crusader Reynald de Chatillon, perhaps?
    @Redcoat you are summoned!
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    I'd wager there's a few more (e.g. Vongoethe / von Goethe).
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    Not a historical figure but there is also Maheer, the merchant; I kiss you! I kiss you!
    OK I'll get the ball rolling again.

Why shouldn't the actor Richard Gere be a joinable NPC and more importantly be in the party alongside Minsc?
  • salierisalieri Member Posts: 245
    Is this something to do with having an undeserved reputation for putting domesticated rodents up hs bum?
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    salieri said:

Is this something to do with having an undeserved reputation for putting domesticated rodents up hs bum?

This. This so much.
    salieri said:

Haha yes! Dats a bingo!
    Wiggles said:

salieri said:

This. This so much.
    I am sure it says something about me that it made me laugh that this was being quoted by "Wiggles"...
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    @LadyRhian

icwatudidthar.

XD
  • Permidion_StarkPermidion_Stark Member Posts: 4,861
    Remakes I would like to see: Pretty Woman starring Julia Roberts and Minsc.