Skip to content

Orc Hordes of the King's Forest [recap thread]

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @Amber_Scott My group used to play it. To make things go faster we attached a full copy of the critical tables to the character sheet and everybody would roll their own combat round and announce the results when it was their turn.

Nice game where I saw things like a PC kill another after a critical failure in a perception roll followed by a very high roll in the bow critical table :)
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    No session today. We're having a snow day at the office and almost everyone (including me) is stuck at home. :)
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    edited February 2015
    Well there's a reason the dart was one of the main weapons used by the Roman legionnaires, you know. Good on you egbert for choosing such a dignified and honourable game tool Imeanweaponofcourse
    Post edited by scriver on
  • kcwisekcwise Member Posts: 2,287
    Nice hat!
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

Huzzah! overheard that a local tavern held a regular masked ball which nobles often attended. Despite the orc bandit threat, the ball was to be held in a tenday. Bort came up with the following plan: the PCs would approach the bandit camp and ask to join. After becoming bandits, they'd tell the leader about the ball and encourage him to attack it with as many bandits as possible to get all the helpless nobles. Then the party would tip off the local guards about the impending attack, capturing all the bandits in one fell swoop. While that was happening, the party would sneak away from the bandit force, return to the camp, meet some Purple Dragons from the local bastion there, and free the prisoners.

You've known you have played too much Baldur's Gate when...