Skip to content

The sanity of the developers under question

13»

Comments

• SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I would love a more realistic inventory where gold was gained more from questing than from tedious looting/selling of items. In Fallout where you had a car to stash your shit in between raids and towns, that thing could be RP'd, but a charname hauling around 10 full platemails? That's just ridiculous. A magical bag of holding is actually MORE realistic than the standard non-magical inventory, hehe..

With that said I think the witcher had the best inventory. A few spaces for minor things like herbs, bottles, jewelry or whatever, and then a few slots for weapons. I would even argue that depending on class, strength etc, slots for weapons should be limited (just like quick slots in IE is already). Who the f--k pry the broken, slashed, bloody, leather armour of the rotting dead carcass of a goblin just to haul it around for weeks to be sold in town for 12 GP? That's some crazy shit right there :P

Naah, increase the gold gains from quests by a hundred and keep looting to actual jewelry and magical items of worth (like weapons). I prefer when you order a new set of armor in Beregost and similar compared to picking it up from my slain foe and equipping it.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Come to think of it, maybe that's what the devs originally intended - we tend to loot so much that halfway through the game gold's not an issue.

Who am I kidding? Gold's never an issue.
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    Thanks @AstroBryGuy. Will look into modding after my current two playthroughs are completed.