Skip to content

Keeping Gorion company (SPOILERS)

proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
I just started a new game of BGEE, and decided to make it interesting by playing minimal reload (only if my main dies) and no resurrections, on core rules. So far in chapter one, both Montaron and Jaheira have fallen to separate wolves. Goddamn wolves! Khalid and Xzar very narrowly escaped being fatally mauled by a bear. A madcap dash to the nearest edge of the map saved them with like 3 hit points left for the two of them to share.
I felt bad just dumping the corpses in some random place, so I've decided to make Gorion's final resting place their grave as well. I'm sure by the time I get through the game this will be a pretty crowded circle of stones...image
Post edited by procco on

Comments

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    I've been considering how to represent comrades who either get turned to stone (it's inevitable) or who get chunked. A favorite piece of armor or weapon seems appropriate. No new bodies to deposit so far, but they are sure to be coming. Old Xzar has had several near misses already....
    edited February 2015
    Ah, Neera...we hardly knew you. Cut down in her youth by the very gnoll who took Purdue's short sword. Well, actually it was the electrical ricochet from the wand of lightning she shot at him (which very nearly took out Imoen and Kagain as well...Imoen survived with 2 hp, Kagain was down to about half health). The brash youth never knew what hit her.
    Xzar is still standing...
    edited February 2015
    For some reason this picture isn't uploading correctly. Not sure what I did wrong...I'll try again later
    Post edited by procco on
    edited February 2015
    Minsc has eaten it now. Poor guy. We were just trying to get a little sleep and some kobolds snuck up on us. A poorly placed color spray left Minsc sleeping while the pack of fully awake kobolds ganged up on him.image
    Ok again my picture is not showing up. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything correctly. Will try again from my PC tonight, bcause I'm sure everyone is waiting with baited breath...
  • RavenslightRavenslight Member Posts: 1,609
    I Love this idea of a dedicated graveyard. Looking forward to seeing your updated screenshot. It’s too bad they don’t get little gravestones like in the Sims games. :)
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    I posted it on my page already but I think I'll add it here.

I've recently had a problem of JPEG/PNG images not showing in the posts. I had to convert them to bmp and it helped.
    Thanks @bengoshi I'll try that.
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    This is such a cool idea! You should leave an unwanted NPC there as a guard/gravedigger (Rasaad or Branwen would make good caretakers I bet).
    Ha! Yeah, maybe Xzar can practice his necromancy there.
    Here we go...thanks to @bengoshi saving as bmp worked. it kind of looks like my party is playing a really gruesome game of lawn darts here.
    Setting these rules for myself has made this play through pretty fun so far. i'm only in chapter 2 and the body count is mounting. I think this is going to force me to use some of the NPC's I've never used, or I may be playing solo before long.

Not pictured is Edwin who met his demise at the hands of Minsc. My PC (elven m/t named Pollie) MAY have whispered in Minsc's ear that Edwin was looking for the same person. Minsc did not take the news well.

Pollie has not found her familiar yet. Is there a mod that would allow me to take Boo as a familiar? If not, there sure as pie should be.

• Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    I didn't know there's an option to carry the body of your companions with you if they die in a fight. I use the Sword of Reload if one of my companions die, only if they die in a fight that was really long and hard do I carry them back to the temple, but I haven't done so for two years or more (back in the Tutu days) and I can't remember carrying bodies, only the loot?
    @Son_of_Imoen The bodies stay with you until you remove them through the reform party screen. When you do that there's no way to get them back for resurrection. They just get unceremoniously dumped at your feet and there they remain.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Pretty sure you can EE keeper Boo into your quick slot and leave him there. Waste of a quick slot though.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    You think boo can take more than one beating? I think you'll get a broken helmet item pretty quick
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    That is a great mod idea. The Boolmet!
    edited February 2015
    And besides it will be an added challenge, like having one hand tied to my back. Although, really it's one hamster tied on my pack, but let's not nitpick
    Getting back on topic and continuing this saga of dubious defeats, Khalid and Branwen were both laid low by Billy, Dribben, and the other guy down south of Beregost. Lucky for them, Pollie was crit hit by a stray arrow, forcing a reload. Their second attempt against the bandits went much better and everyone survived. The party being petty beat up, they decided to rest but were awoken by a pair of half ogres who spawned right next to Imoen. She had to run for her life while the others dealt with the beasts from afar. After them, a couple of Kobold Commandos started pelting the party with flaming arrows, and damn near took out Kagain. But as of now, everyone is still standing and off to do a little more exploring before investigating the Nashkel mines.
    And then Khalid and Kagain were killed while hunting ogres for the dwarf Sahedra. Pollie is beginning to worry her party may be a bit underpowered for the road that lies ahead. Imoen gives her a "buck up little camper" speech while privately soiling her drawers. Guess they'll need to learn to be a big more cautious.
    The body count climbs.