Skip to content

Mr. F

dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
Bregg warns Cohrvale that killing people angers Mr. F.

Has there ever, ever been any clues as to who he is?
Or, like Golodon, is he a persistent enigma?

Comments

• proccoprocco Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 915
    Yeah, I always assumed it was Firkraag.
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I wondered if it might be Big Red, but could be almost anyone.
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Yeah, it's not really clear as to who this Mr. F could be. It could basically be anyone in the game with a last name that starts with an F, or more than likely it could just be someone that Charname never meets.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Fael maybe
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    The F stands for Fünke.

Mmmister Ffff....
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    Is anyone in the slaver ring named F....? I always assumed they were working for those guys, if only because of proximity.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Someone once told me that if you get into the copper coronet and talk to Lord jierdan they are supposed to come in or have different dialogue or something but I never managed to get that done.... probably that was from a mod?

Never mind...
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    I honestly thought it was Feldepost.
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited February 2015
    In all seriousness, I believe the whole "Mr. F" thing is just for the stereotypical evil mastermind feel. Having underlings refer to you by only an initial is so much grander, don't you think? I truly believe that's all it is, and there is no deeper connection or insinuation at play. Could be wrong of course, but that's what I believe anyway.

A thought, though: is there someone in BG1 that might fit? There are several characters with cameo appearances, could this be another? I have not played BG1 a whole lot (and a decade ago to boot) so I can't remember.
    Post edited by Lord_Tansheron on
  • dockaboomskidockaboomski Member Posts: 440
    @Lord_Tansheron Yeah, I would have to agree with you. I wanted there to be something more to him, but I get the feeling it's just a name-drop for effect.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    It's interestin that in Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II one of your enemies makes mention of a "Lady F".

It's even more interesting that Lady F is actually a red dragon who takes the form of a human named Lady Argozia Firewind.

So, maybe dragons often call themselves "Mr" or "Lady":)
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @bengoshi Wasn't Adalon's preferred title "My Lady"?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,725
    @Tresset >

In a letter that is found in Luvia's Laboratory Luvia Bloodmire writes to a "Lady F"
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    It's been ages since I played the dark alliance games.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @bengoshi I was referring to Adalon, the guardian silver dragon in the underdark who disguises you as drow. I am not sure what your response means since I have never played with that mod before.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

Or, like Golodon, is he a persistent enigma?

I wouldn't say that about Golodon. If you keep Jan in your party for a sufficiently long time, he'll eventually get around to a banter in which he explains a fair amount about Golodon.

Is anyone in the slaver ring named F....?

No.

If "Mr. F" actually means anyone who appears in the game at all, then I guess it must be Firkraag. Perhaps it's more likely, though, that it's just some gangster-boss whom we never meet.

• DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Morgan Freeman.
  • wubblewubble Member Posts: 3,156
    Mr. Frodo
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    Tresset said:

@bengoshi Wasn't Adalon's preferred title "My Lady"?

To me this was a reference to the movie Dragonheart, where the good dragon is referred to as "My lord" by the queen.
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    clearly its mr fantastic of fantastic 4 fame
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Like the guarded compound and the empty glass vials, it appears to be just another of numerous loose ends scattered throughout BG2.