Skip to content

Custom spells

So, does anyone have some nice custom spells they'd like to share? I've got all of Irenicus' spells and I love using them.

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    edited March 2015
    I once made a comet mod... Super OP goodness! In a reversal of fortune I did Neera's ToB quest and someone spammed my own improved comet at me!
  • SereverusSereverus Member Posts: 70
    i would love to make my own Special ability cantrip spell, wanna make it super OP and Charname only, thinking instant death no save with alot of cool effects, any tips for someone literally just starting out, seriously i have DLTCEP and have yet to mod a single file with it, though i can add Profficiencies with NI
  • SarevokokSarevokok Member Posts: 171
    I'm hoping someone would make exotic summoning spells. Summon Lich, Summon Dragon(all colors,) Summon Demogorgan, Summon Beholder, Summon Golem(all kinds.)

You get the point, that'd be fun as hell to play with.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Sarevokok: Do you play EE or vanilla? If you use vanilla, I have some old files for summoning a Beholder or summoning a Golem. I could post them here if you're interested. Normally the Beholder summons won't use its rays if you summon one, but you can rig it to fire its rays randomly by giving it a custom weapon. The only difference is that its rays can be blocked by Protection from Magical Weapons.

@Sarevokok: Do you play EE or vanilla? If you use vanilla, I have some old files for summoning a Beholder or summoning a Golem. I could post them here if you're interested. Normally the Beholder summons won't use its rays if you summon one, but you can rig it to fire its rays randomly by giving it a custom weapon. The only difference is that its rays can be blocked by Protection from Magical Weapons.

being a mage who summons golems would rock, i would love to have that for EE
  • XzanahXzanah Member Posts: 145
    I wish there was an improved magic missile!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    I would have liked meta magic spells. It was a good thing 3E did (or was it 3,5E?). Being able to empower fireballs etc but at the cost of upping them a level or two is interresting. It would have been cool to be able to up certain save or die spells to get harder and harder to save against, making seldom used spells more interresting to use at higher levels.

Maybe this was a bit off topic though, sorry for that. I don't know anything about modding myself.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I replaced some of the useless spells in my game. With ice based spells and healing spells, all from ad&d books

Infravision is Gemidans's icicle, single target, shoots a bolt of ice, 1-4 cold damage, %50 blind or %50 slow for 1 round, no save
    Reflected image is snowball, creates a snowball that can be thrown with +4 to hit, 1d6 cold dmg at lvl1, 2d6 at lvl 4 and 3d6 at lvl 7. Save or slowed for 1 round

Luck is frostfall, small area of effect, party unfriendly, 2d6 fixed damage, save or slowed for 1 round
    Deafness is paralysation ray, single target, save vs death or paralysed for 1 round/lvl

Detect illusion is ice lance, from iwd, uses cold scorcher animation, single target 4d6 cold damage, save or held for 4 rounds. Even with a save, slowed for 1 round
    Non detection is healing touch:cures 10 hp, caster must save or is held for 4 rounds

Ice storm is changed, only 1-8 damage per round but all are %50 blinded or %50 slowed for 1 round no save
    Remove curse is now emphatic healing, caster heals one target for 2 hp/lvl but takes the same damage as non lethal damage (so he can not be killed by can be knocked uncouncious) (basically this is punch damage) ( stoneskin protects from this damage. Unfourtunately!)

Conjure lesser air elemental is protection from poison, immunity to poison damage for 1round/lvl
    Phantom blade is flesh to ice, single target, very low range, save vs death or turned to ice (instant frozen death)

Conjure air elemental is otiluke's freezing sphere. This has two options upon casting
    Cold ray: like iwd, single target ray, 1d4+2 cold dmg/lvl, save negates all damage (single huge damage)
    Cold stone:creates a cold missile that can be thrown, auto hits and blasts like a cold fireball, 6d6 cold damage to all, save for half, bypasses mr, slows for 2 rounds. (Low damage but good area special)

Control undead is now waves of cold:uses old cone of cold animation, pierces cold resistance of enemies making them more suspectible to cold, salamanders and fire elementals must save at-4 or die, all others save at -4 or get -%50 cold resistance for 1 round/lvl

Bigby's clenched fist is Polar ray, single target ray, 1-8 damage/lvl max 20d8, save vs breath at-4 avoids all damage, struck victim gets slowed by the chill for 4 rounds.

I replaced all of the corresponding scrolls as well, used unused spell/scroll icons and got iwd ones to replace some. Also any cold spell plays cold hit animation of iwd (blasting ice) and anyone slowed by cold effect has its skin color turned to blue, like those chilled monsters in diablo2.

I love these spells and think they are balanced and fun to use!
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    lol @lunar! You sound like a cleric of Auril :D
  • DregothofTyrDregothofTyr Member Posts: 229
    edited September 2015
    @lunar those sound awesome, you don't happen to have a mod for it or the files? Or perhaps some pointers, I've always wanted to change Infravision into something marginally less useless.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

Sereverus said:

being a mage who summons golems would rock, i would love to have that for EE

Transmuters can do that with my mod.

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/637239/#Comment_637239

(Go to the first page of that thread for the most up-to-date download link. And for now, ignore the warnings about being deprecated.)
    i actually already have your mod, was just thinking how awesome it would be to have a wildmage or any others do that ^^
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I have the needed files and edited dialog file ofcourse, but have no idea how to put it out as a mod, sorry. I used dltcep mainly and borrowed things from some other mods and iwd:ee