Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• MeyahiMeyahi Member Posts: 143
    Don't sweat it, weird bugs happened. In the end we had 5 copies of Zhurlong's boots for some reason.

Blind people running like headless chicken is kinda stupid. It made Silke so annoying (she was hasted). We also discovered a bug (?) with Neera when one of the fighters ran off and we had to search for him.

I'm surprised my 16 STR berserker can do work with mundane weapons.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    @semiticgod @Meyahi As @Bengoshi and I said while we were playing, The running off thing is due to a change made to the AI by the EE games. It was decided that it was unreasonable and unfair for blind characters to just sit there like sitting ducks and wait to be killed. So now they do something more reasonable and a bit more challenging to the players. Now they wander randomly to simulate seeking a target or trying to escape. That is probably close to what a player character would do if their entire team got blinded.
    edited November 2015
    @semiticgod @bengoshi @GemHound it would be nice if any of you has more screenshots to share. I need to start taking some myself but I guess I'm too concentrated on what's happening.

The wand of fire in the Ankheg cave should let us do the nashkel mines. I quote @bengoshi describing the Mulahey encounter in SCS:
    "Kobolds come and come
    and come and come
    and come and come"
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    @Meyahi: I'm afraid all the screenshots I had ended up in my post on page 41. I'm sure we'll take more next time.
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    Looks like superb fun. You're playing with 6?
    I'm not here a for a day and you leave me on a cliffhanger?
    How did it go after that?
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    @semiticgod +1 likes for Mairzy Doats.
    @Meyahi: Nothing happened after that part, actually. I had to leave to give a short speech at my former college about the local homeless shelter and the proper definition of a chair. We still have yet to get through the mines.
  • GemHoundGemHound Member Posts: 801
    Well, I'll play tomorrow.
    Ugh... I just finished fighting with TorGal in my other no-reload run. TorGal refused to die, round after round after round after round. The Yuan-ti Mages arrived and cast Sphere of Chaos, forcing us to retreat, but even then, without party pressure, TorGal refused to fall down. We couldn't escape the area because the exit wouldn't open until TorGal was dead. The only way to get rid of him was to reload and use CTRL-Y. I hit him about 20 times while paused. Only then would he fall down. I dumped some of our potions based on what we had drank during the fight, but it feels wrong anyway, to have to resort to a cheat to get any further in the game.

There aren't many things more frustrating in BG2 than being locked into a room and not being let out until a certain critter is dead... and then discovering that the critter can't be killed in the first place.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    Yeah, that lag at the end there was really odd... I was scouting ahead with stealth to see if I could locate the sirines by the row boat. I saw no sirines there at all and was quite confused. Then my stealth must have failed without my noticing and when my computer caught up with everyone else I saw the visual effects of 3 improved invisibilities go off all at once. At this moment I thought to myself "Oh crap!" and I ran to the rest of the group. The sirines and the nearby hobgoblins obviously followed me and then we nearly lost the whole run. I would say that that bit of misfortune was our closest call yet...